Science Forums

Is genius inspired by God

nigelgeorge

Can you give an example of "original thought"?

what i am thinking of are things like the sudden inspiration that lead to the revelation of the egsistance of gravity or the fact that the earth revolves around the sun or steam power , discoveries that do not come out of any prior knowledge

what i am thinking of are things like the sudden inspiration that lead to the revelation of the egsistance of gravity or the fact that the earth revolves around the sun or steam power , discoveries that do not come out of any prior knowledge

That's really not true, the discovery of the heliocentric model of the universe or the concept of gravity were not out of the blue, they were based on information and experience gathered by many!

• 1 month later...

Yes! Genius/original thought is inspired by God. All knowledge exist with God. When we humble ourselves to trust and ask God for knowledge, our Father reveals his answers to us through our spiritual network (i.e. soul). Our souls convey His knowledge to our intellect in the form of imaginations, dreams or ideas. A genius has the will power to manifest knowledge from our intellect into the existence of our physical realm. It profounds our human imagination, in that only a rare number of us trust our faith in our Father for knowledge.

Matt21 [22] And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Well, for me this question has a few answers and a few other questions associated with it.

I'll start with assuming you mean god in to popular understanding/depiction.

With that in mind, I will say no. It does not come from god. The reason for this is, is that original thought is an act of freewill, and god holds no influence over the free will of man. I forget where it says that, but I am fairly sure it says it in the bible.

Now, with my personal definition of god the answer becomes yes. This is because god is defined locally, in that all is of god, and the individual is god in whole and in part, at the same time in appropriately quantum manner.

God becomes synonymous with the Self, or the Higher conscious of being. Therefore, original thought is generated within the self, and passed out through the conscious psyche into the world via communication. Original thought is then a transcendent action of freewill.

Now, one also would most likely find it prudent to define what is original thought? If the definition of original thought is inspiration without cause, or without previous experience, then I would be forced to concider rejection of one of two notions out right. That definition would implicated a violation of Causality, which would be significant, given that cause and effect is concidered law, meaning that it has not been proven wrong at current.

However, if Original thought is defined as the result of synthesis of previously disparaged or otherwise seemingly incompatible memes, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, methodologies, or otherwise ephermerial, then I would more readily accept it as a viable event within a Causal universe, which would seem to be the kind of universe we live in.

Also, I would like to note, that god is quantum. He is both Good and Evil. It is a nessessity of a super positioned being. Of a omniscient being. God is aware of every sparrow that falls. He is the alpha, and the omega, beginning and the end. The king of all kingdoms, and keeper of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of malice, they were then capable of realizing the truth. God is the one who is "I am that I am", the name of god is truth. Adam and Eve could then know the Truth, and therefore could know god.

Would not ignorance and hatred also be inspired by God by the above logic?

Given that man has freewill and god is defined uber-equivilantly. No!

Given that man has free will and god is defined equivilantly. Yes!

This is an interesting question because if one can prove that it is then by default you prove the existence of god.

First its neccessary to prove genuis at some level and secondly prove that this level of genius was in some way inspired by the concept of God.

Genius of course is both largely relevent (to the average IQ) and highly intangible. For the most part the ordinary person would not even recognise genius. Often geniusses have to dumb down their intelligence so that others around them can comprehend what they mean so much of the quality is lost.

Nonetheless lets start with the son of God and presume for the sake of the argument that the final step from one to the other can be made at the conclusion of the argument.

Based on this if I can prove that a) I am a genius and :) I have been inspired to genius level by the concept of Christ then I would have the winning argument.

Insofar as proving genius goes this is a little difficult but I will do my best and now place on the table 3 potential candidates to support the assertion that I am. I think most of us would agree that genius often involves the solution of seemingly impossible problems that are beyond the IQ of normal people to solve. So here are 3 workable solutions to common global problems.

First. The middle east crisis. Fundamentally the core of the difficulty in resolving the dispute between Palestine and Israel is who has the development rights for Temple Mount. Simply solve this by calling on all people in the world to submit a physical representation of the concept of harmony. The person, nation or religion which comes up with the highest conceptualisation of the harmonic concept until a greater manifestation is created. This creates a positive global focus on what the logic behind the concept is and by solving it this way we progress towards global peace (because we will have proven that even a long running dispute such as this one is within our capacity to quickly solve by the end of the year) and also a state of global harmony because we will have an increased consciousness of the concept itself and how it is created. The religion that is most in tune with the concept of perfect harmony at the highest imaginable level will win the "Competition" and rightly have control. I would submit a black crystal and a white crystal with their pointy ends touching the same solid gold guitar pick, uniting the opposites of black and white (positive and negative energy) towards a common goal of harmony. If you wanted to take it further you could place on top of thatg a living organism to represent living harmony and the organic thereof. All it would take is for 2 men to agree to give the world the chance for world peace and we could get down to more serious issues like what are we going to do about accelerating CO2 pollution of our shared planets atmosphere.

Test of genius 2. Global economics. it would seem that to ensure the longevity of eveything the common goals of business and the environment need to be in tune such that the more successful a business becomes the better it is for the state of the planet and so allowing it to leverage off that as a marketing advantage. This can be done by creating a 3 way simbiotic relationship between a stationery company with redundent stock, a rainforest foundation looking to save the worlds oldest rainforest from the property developers and a cancer research institute. The company would flag on its website all of its slow moving / dead stock items and offer to pay these two organisations 30% of the selling price in return for their help in promoting their sale. The 3 organisations would then have a self interest in the success of the other 2 and the consumer would be able to simultaneously satisfy their own product needs and have a way created for them to begin revegetating the planet through all of the companies that agreed to promote the sale of old stock items that they were going to throw out or heavily discount anyway. Thus satisfying the first rule of ecosystem management which is maximise resourcefulness and minimise waste.

Genius Test 3.Reinvent paper so that it can be used in a photocopier and then be erased like a sheet of whiteboard paper and use 90% of all the profits and royalties to fund the reinstatement of wildlife habitats therefore decreasing the probability of a breakdown of the ecosystem matrix caused by the loss of a species that is critical to the lifeccle completion of another. Eg The cassowary an endangered bird in the last remnant of the worlds oldest forest which is directly responsible for the survival of at least 92 other species and beyond that there is a polynomial that no one has been smart enough to actually calculate but lets presume there is a ripple affect when the tree it helped to survive also becomes extinct because of the loss and takes with it all those species whose probabilities of survival fall to critical levels in its absence.

Lets assume that one or all of these is an expression of some sort of genius or leads to a greater realisation of a new truth in your own mind that you never contemplated before.

Using Christ as an inspiration i wondered what it would actually take to save the world and create global harmony..was it even possible at all ?

The whole point of a religion is that it is a philosophy to convert a negative situation into a positive outcome of the highest imaginable order by imagining the absolute ultimate and challenging the subconscious mind to solve the challenge. For many of us this helps us divine the truth not only as to the nature of our own souls but as to our potential as humans to control the destiny that is our future. Are we intelligent enough to solve the problems we create ? Do we even conceive what the absolute ultimate best outcome and best path to that outcome is..the one that solves the most problems simultaneously with the least amount of effort and creates the greatest number of positive future possibilt

That depends on whether you think it is a positive thing to be adversarial to the argument.

I await your judgement.

Let's look at it another way then...

Would not ignorance and hatred also be inspired by God by the above logic?

Job32 [8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

2Tim3 [16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

no because a god of love would never inspire ignorance or hatred .

Wow... really put me in my place with that one, dintcha? :doh:

This is a self-reinforcing unsubstantiated point, but hey! I guess this IS the theology forum.

Job32 [8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

So, basically, the "Almighty" gives hatred and ignorance as well. :)

:)

no because a god of love would never inspire ignorance or hatred .

So, what is God then? A God of Love, or an omnipotent God?

You can't have it both ways.

I will repeat this once again for the posters here.

The Religion Forum is not a pulpit. It is for the rational and objective discussion about all religions, and how they impact society.

There are forums out there if you want to preach. They're not here, though.