Science Forums

Only one God created this entire Universe!!!

dattaswami

To All

The bible teaches the 'one god concept' with the 1st 3 commandments and enforces that with genocides as punishment.

Examples?

Joe Stalins communism, Islams torture and killings of the infedels and the chauvinism of the Jewish mentality based on the male lions sexism.

On the other hand, Nature promotes the multiple GOD system with the following:

The females as the creator Gods, the lion as the weapons god, the apes (gorilla) as the muscle GOD and the 'dog' family as the dollar gods that includes the medical doctors, the academic doctors, the La Cosa Nostra (Latin canine nose, my interpretation) that Hollywood has portrayed as the godfathers, the Dogma of the papal church and the Jewish 6 pointed star as a 'hot dog' (David(?). You can also add the capitalists.

Then I would like to add the fact that there is the real spirits of good and evil that are real, believe me.

So take your choice.

Mike C

The spirits of good and evil come from law of good and evil. What law of good and evil does is store each law of good and evil, into two different locations in the brain. One location has positive emotional valence attached to it, connected to the "good" side of the law. The other has a negative emotional valence attached to it connected to the "bad" side of the same law, i.e., what one is not suppose to do. That is why if you asked someone religious who will go to hell, for example, they will list all the negative sides of the laws, since they are all stored together. Heaven is another storage location, where we list all the goods sides of law. This dual or binary memory storage due to law, is the nature of original sin. It is only specific to humans and not animals.

Natural data is morally neutral, such that all the data is stored in one location, so an animal can combine the evil of killing with the good of getting food, for example. But with the polarization due to law and the dual memory storage, the natural brain tries to combine it into one location, while will power and the law of good and evil maintain the polarization. In the flux, between the potential, are the good-evil spirits, so to speak.

That being said, since these two memory formations are projected into symbolism, such as heaven and hell, it implies these formations are part of the unconscious mind and are therefore not fully conscious. If one doesn't believe in good and evil personifications, they become less unconscious of these unconscious affects. Original sin suggests something common to humans, at a genetic level, due to thousands of years of training. It is not suppose to be something that is easy to get rid of.

Without a symbolic reference to keep the polarization conscious, when the polarization is trying to lower potential, i.e., natural-neutral, one is less certain which side of the polarization is driving the process. In other words, it can be moving in the proper direction with respect to lowering the potential in a natural way, which gives off positive emotional valence. But this can happen from either side of the polarization. For example, chocolate cake will taste good with respect to natural appetite. But for some there is a sense of decadent guilt and for others there is nothing wrong.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate for one to simply point out a case and have the belief develope with faith as opposed to trust. :shrug:

The biggest example of pointing out a case of good and evil is below:

Joe Stalins power crazy mentality that resulted in the killing of about 20-30 millions of innocent Russians in establishing his god image resulting from the bibles promotion.

So this is an example of an evil spirit that can be attributed to the bible.

So who is liable for this evil?

Well, Hitler has answered that question.

The holocaust is a 'karmic' reaction to punish evil.

And the jews were targeted because joe is a jewish name and therefore, has a spiritual link to their religion, Marx was a jewish born person that refuted religion as a drug that I would partially agree with that opinion.

So, as a punishing spirit, you could say that Hitler was a good spirit.

I am sure a lot of people would disagree but that is reality.

Hydro:

Chocolate is my favorite candy. Ha ha.

Mike C

So, as a punishing spirit, you could say that Hitler was a good spirit.

I am sure a lot of people would disagree but that is reality.

Mike-

In another thread you’re spewing out racial slurs and here you’re saying Hitler was a force of good for punishing the Jews.

racist crap too often camouflaged with the language of science - it's far more prose here than you’d think - down right obvious

- modest

Mike-

In another thread you’re spewing out racial slurs and here you’re saying Hitler was a force of good for punishing the Jews.

racist crap too often camouflaged with the language of science - it's far more prose here than you’d think - down right obvious

- modest

I will admit that Hitler lashed out at the nearby neighbors rather than go directly towards Stalins communism. So he acted more like a cop gone berserk.

His invasion of nearby countries in all directions is an example of anger without reason.

Norway was also victimized.

But Stalins atrocities were much greater in respect to human lives. And his problem spread to China also.

We have a current problem here in our country now with students going berserk and killing innocent nearby acquantences without any real reason.

I blame the bible for most of these recent wars as well as our current war since Islam is a derivitive of the bible, IMHO.

I am sorry but I have to point the finger at the sources of all these problems we have today.

Mike C

there can only be one God. but He may also go by different names in different parts of the world.

the Aztecs had Him named The Sun God, the Comanches, Cherokees, and other various Native American tribes had Him named Great God Behind The Sun.

wether it be Allah, Brahman, or Jehovah it still seems to be One God.

going back to the ancient city of Babel, when God distorted the world language, may have also caused them to call Him in their own tongue

Stalin was an atheist and Hitler was a mystic.

You make assertions that are in direct violation of facts and hide behind "in my opinion."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Shape up,

Buffy

A Joe by any other name is still a Joe.

Why did Hitler target the Jews? Well, I supplied the cause for this effect..

I believe in 'cause and effect'.

Mike C

I saw a documentary, about Hitler, during the early years when he was a rising politician, but before he had much in the way of power. Hitler initially played by the rules of German politics as a junior member. His most outspoken critic was a Jewish politician, who at the time, was a senior member, way up in the political hierarchy. He saw Hitler going in the wrong direction for the country and fought him constantly. But Hitler was able to work the popular appeal angle, until the balance of power shifted. After that, Hitler had it out for his former rival. His revenge added a spark. It was one of those political judgement calls, not realizing Hitler's appeal, and the extent he would go to seek his revenge. It is interesting to think of what may have been, if they had been more friendly or not so against each other.

Actually, this discussion is about one God. If you look at any organization, such as government, where there too many chefs in the kitchen, things can get bogged down. So if you had a bunch of Gods, they may never be able to agree on anything causing the universe to evolve much slower. The Gods would form teams molding the universe for personal advantage instead of the best needs of the universe. The universe would not be holographic with respect to galaxies but have two or more sides. There would also be much more pork barrel, as each God tries to appeal to its base.

The idea of many Gods may be based on an assembly line mentality, with no one God a master of all trades. The situation would also be analogous to the Gods of specialization, sort of a projection of modern culture. Each God is good at one thing, but has to hand off the project to the next God. Again, there would be an interface problem. This could be a projection of the mutation mentality as the handoff adds chaos between the steps. One needs the big guy at the top with veto power, to keep an even keel.

there can only be one God. but He may also go by different names in different parts of the world.

He's got the WHOLE WORLD in his hands, He's got the WHOLE WORLD in his hands, He's got the whole world in his hands.... ahem sorry, got carried away by childhood memories. :tearhair:

When you think of what this song is saying and you tie it to GOD in the sense of who it was written about and then you think of the world mess that we live in, it is no wonder people question if there is a God of power and intelligence.

BUT! What if what the Bible says is true?? "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one(1 John 5:19) Or what Jesus said of the one who was behind his death "I have told you before it occurs, in order that, when it does occur, you may believe. I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me..." John 14:29,30. The Bible publishes the fact that there has been a hostile take over of this world, it also sets out how it will be turned around.

"the Kingdom to come"

Millions pray for "the Kingdom to come" most don't have any idea that the Kingdom is described as a government that will do away will all the rulership that we know of. Even (and especially) the one world group that will eventually attain a LOT of power. That group is said to do away with man-made religion ((Revelation 17:12-13) For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. (Revelation 17:17) There will be no thoughts of "warm and fuzzy religion" then. The Powerful ruler of "this" world will be abyssed and then destroyed in a timely manner, freeing the world of all the ills he initiated.

Folks need particulars AKA FACTS (John 17:3 -- Isaiah 48:17,18) real study is called for. Nice and entertaining as science forums are they really don't speak this language. In fact cringing at it is more likely... :eek_big:

going back to the ancient city of Babel, when God distorted the world language, may have also caused them to call Him in their own tongue

Your thought on the affect that Babylon's curse has had on world religion is valid and ties into the fact that mankind does not just ignore his built-in spiritual yearnings even if he hasn't all the particulars right. But will he adjust when he comes across correct info or just follow the herd out of fear of being different?

God's name, Jehovah, is full of meaning "he who causes(things)to be". Whatever is needed to get His Will done. If you were to study the many faiths of the world you will find vastly different "gods" behind their names. Do they have an agenda to repair the earth to it's rightful beauty and safety? (Revelation 21:3,4)(Psalms 37:9-11,29) Is it a kingdom that is active now? These are questions inquiring minds want to know....

the Mayans had one god, but they also sacrificed selected individuals. i think the Aztecs also. there are also the islands in the philippines where they also had one god. so yeah, you really have to look at what each worships to.

it is interesting that, as humans, overall would find some diety to worship, whether it be our own or some other form

by the way, palmtreepathos, whereat in georgia you at? i got some family in atlanta (i'm actually from Dothan, AL myself)

Say for the sake of argument, there was no God. God turned out to be only a projection from the imagination coming from the unconscious mind. If you project many gods one is sort of schizophrenic. If you project only one God this would be implicit of a unified unconscious mind.

If you project God into nature spirits, your unconscious mind connection is sort of limited to the instinctive aspects of the unconscious mind. As the God become more humanized, higher aspects of the unconscious mind would get involved that go beyond our animal nature.

The Christian trinity is a little different. It is not three Gods but three aspects of one God. It sort of projects an unconscious mind hierarchy or the natural chain of command as the deepest layer filters to consciousness. The Holy Spirit is the final filter that will reach the conscious mind.

An interesting contrast are Buddha and Jesus. With Buddha man became God through the path of enlightenment. While with Jesus, God became man. This shows two different ways to get the unconscious hook-up. It can either happen like Buddha by transcending physical reality for the more abstract world of the unconscious mind. In the case of Christianity the hook-up can happen spontaneously with the unconscious mind, leading. This causes the feelings of born again, etc.

If we continue this line of reasoning, the concept of God appears to set the proper respect between the conscious and unconscious minds. In other words, these hook-ups appear when the ego humbles itself to something that is greater than itself. One only has to consider how much goes on behind the scenes via the unconscious mind. To walk, the ego only has to think a command line and stir. The ego is a like a computer terminal with most of the data crunching occurring in the mainframe of the unconscious mind. For example, try to walk by willing each muscle to move. This will allow the terminal to see its limitations if the mainframe crashed. The mainframe supports everything the ego does and needs. Religion seems to indicate that the unconscious not only supports but can lead.

This analysis doesn't discount God. Say for the sake of argument there is a God. Obviously he is more advance than humans, by the very nature of this concept. The unconscious mainframe is a much better device, more capable of translating such dense data output that God could generate. The ego terminal doesn't have all that much RAM, so it only gets the bottom line after it has been filtered. Relative to Christianity, the Holy Spirit was left behind as a spirit of truth when Christ went to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is downplayed due to the low RAM of the ego terminal and filter aberrations in the layers of the unconscious mind close to the terminal.

...If there is one God, [then] He only created this entire world...
There is an aspect of if-then statements, the conclusion does not necessarily follow from the premise. To be valid, there must be no case in which the premise is true and the conclusion false. But, we see here that, while it may be true that (1) there is one God, it does not follow that there is no case where (2) only he created this world cannot be a false statement. There are many such cases where the conclusion you present may be false: (i) the one God may have willed to have a helper with the creation (ii) the one God may have willed to assign the entire task to a subordinate (iii) the one God may have willed to create only part and not the entire world, then passed on the job to a subordinate to finish (iv) the one God may have willed to provide false information about its creation process and had nothing to do with it at all, etc. But we have another problem, for you also conclude that the one God must be a "He"--but there is no logical reason why this must be true--the one God may be a "she", a superposition of "He+She", neither a "He" nor "She". So, imo, you make no valid argument that "only one God created this entire universe".

...His invasion of nearby countries in all directions is an example of anger without reason. Norway was also victimized...

There was a good reason for Norway--there was a heavy water (deuterium) processing plant that he needed to help with development of the atomic bomb--same logic for moving south to take control of uranium mines. Hitler did not act out of anger--he acted out of hate, control, German identity, and his believe that he was doing good, that he was on the right side with God. Hitler claimed God came to him and gave him a mission, he died a God fearing man, with priest present to give last rites, all well documented in history. Most likely, since Hitler confessed all sins minutes before death, as a good Christian, he with Jesus--now there is something to be angry about, Jesus and Hitler sharing bread and drinking wine together :confused:

edit: There is no evidence that priest was present in bunker from January to April of 1945--my error.