Science Forums

Submitting to Cellphones

I am posting this from my Blackberry. I just got it yesterday. I used to live tethered to a cellphone, but I have spent the past 15 months without one. I loved those 15 months.

Is there anyone else out there who enjoys their private time as private more than the ability to remain in constant contact?

Bill

Ps. Tormod, since I am now roped into this infernal contraption I am volunteering my services (for what they are worth) toward the development of a portal friendly to PDA's.

Hmm... couldn't you just turn it off?
Majorly agree with Now here: I don't even turn it off. Its on vibrate (which makes a unique and yet oddly unobtrusive sound in my purse), its got caller ID and voice mail. I answer when I feel like it. Don't let it control you!

IM: I am away,

Buffy

Oh my yes. Crackberries Anonymous. I have several friends going through major withdrawal now that they've decided to kick the habit. I kicked back in the PalmPilot days which were merely cocaine...

My name is Big and I'm a Berryholic,

Buffy

Hmm... couldn't you just turn it off?

I mean, who controls who? It's not as if the cell phone (insert any portable device here) has some control over your actions and decisions. I mean, really, just who is The Big Dog? :rolleyes:

Cheers. :cup:

Of course I could turn it off. :hihi: The simplest solutions are usually the best. I just like being out of touch. I see people who are guided through the grocery store like some kind of blind-man's-bluff chasing down one item after another and reading prices and ingredients to those who sent them on the errand. I don't like that. Or wandering along and appearing to be talking to themselves like some kind of loonatic. I love my sisters, but I don't want to keep them company on the phone because they are bored during their commute.

Call it a pet peave. Besides, it is tough to not answer when someone calls.

Bill

you blackberry people have never read up on the RIM network volnurabilities?

lol it was great, having just the number of the bberry (or the email adress) you could read all the emails that that person has ever sent out or received and also see all the phone numbers that they have ever called.... now how do you feel about getting a blackberry?