Science Forums

Whats your highest ideal life experience ?

clapstyx

i want tighter regulation on corporations who in my opinion are the ones destroying the earth through thier wanton search for profit, despite knowing the enviromental destruction they leave in thier wake and the humans rights abuses they conceive through thier exploitation of workers in developing countries due to lack of regulations and the nations states dependancy on the corporation to enhance the economy.

i want to see someone in power who doesnt want to be in power!

and ide like to learn 5 new languages and become an independant freelance journalist.

Hi Whimsey,

I am not yet convinced that regulative control will deliver the best possible outcome.

Consider this. Lets say all manufacturers were requested to label their products with 2 things.

1. The percentage to which their manufacturing processes have been environmentally offset ie What percentage of their emissions have been offset by trees that they have actually planted (not carbon traded or any of that other bullshit)

2. Labelling each product with a ratio that represents the total weight of natural resources consumed in the production process (ie in their rawest state) as against the total weight of the final product.

The consumer will then have the capacity to choose whats best, and as the market share of those companies who refuse to provide the information begins to fall the market share of the "better" companies will begin to grow therefore linking profit to environmental performance, and thereby ultimately ensuring that the consumer is in control of the distribution and efficiency of resource allocation towards those companies that continue to prove their integrity.

The consumer I feel is the one that has to start making the best possible decisions. Companies that dont give a rats arse whether there final product is nothing but a marketing driven waste of resources will eventually become a dinosaur of the past because as the state of the atmosphere and the ecosystem continue to decline the consuming market will become more concerned about the future, and so this measure will empower them to make better decisions on their own behalf.

For instance I am planning to launch a corporation which will use the lions share of its profits to restore rainforest, this will become a marketing advantage. The revegetation projects will be signed with the corporate logo in high profile locations so that the truth can be known and the consumer can see for themselves the benefits of dealing with such companies that take a similar approach. Profit is not my primary motive, but I do believe that the issue of the environment should no longer remain a charity case because there is a greater success if multiple motives can be harnessed. If there is a way to make money (not excessive but enough) and save the ecosystem in the process then I think thats the way to go.

The project that I, and others, are developing is a movie project which will launch a variety of products in a new way. The people who are working hard to bring this to fruition deserve some reward for the sacrifices they are making on behalf of others. The some of the funds from the movie which will create an income stream of itself, and create others in the same process, will be used to plant fruit trees in impoverished neighbourhoods. These will be some of the fruits of success and at the same time these will help to offset the Carbon Dioxide emissions generated by the project. Community building is important and I personally would rather not be at loggerheads with industry but instead lead with a better way. If they wish to argue with me that commerce should not be waged on environmental grounds and that there way is more ideal, then I would like to hear their argument.

If you want to become a freelance journalist how about I offer you exclusive rights to report on how things are progressing, photos and the whole inside story as it unfolds. Let me know what you think and maybe we can talk about the possibility.

In so far as corporate regulation goes why not draft some up and put it online. If its good, and people see it as a positive way forward without flaw, then maybe there will be some discussion and support for it. I think the trick is to make it so ideal that no one can come up with anything better. If it is better than what has been done in the past then the existing legistlators are going to have a hard time justifying the maintenance of something that is not as good..when a better option is now available.

Hi Boersoen,

Sailing is always an interesting way to follow in someone's footsteps :) especially Kay Cottee's who I believe was the first female to do it.

Thanks for participating in the thread I am enjoying seeing what people come up with when asked to imagine the absolute highest..cant be topped in my mind..ideal and perfect in every way as far as I can conceive..life experience.

After the first things first I would like to try and prove its possible to revegetate the sahara. I once had an argument with NASA who thought that resources should be spent on planting forests on a barron planet in another solar system..as a priority! and so I guess I strated thinking that a lot could be learned if we set our minds to working out how on Earth it might be possible.

I had a similar topic to this in another forum. It was what would you wish for if you had the chance for one great wish.

The ultimate life experience would be for me a different perspective on experience. I think the highest thing I could hope to experience would be reaching a point in my life where I can say to myself that I have become all I can be, I have done all I could do. I understand individual human beings have the ability to use their full cup. Most of us just take sips out of our liquid of capability. I think we can all become our own hero if we could just get past the hinderences that prevent us from doing so, like fear and self-confidence.

It was Orbycil (sp?) here who said in a post of his, It seems everyone wonders how to act.. when really why cant we be... and be all we can be.

So at some point in my life I think the greatest experience I could have would be to be able to say, matching my own standards, that I have become all I could be. I never held back and I gave everything a chance and my best shot. And if I did say that, then that would mean all my experiences I could ever hope for were played out.

Yeah I hear what you say there. I think one of the keys is in working out a strategy that allows you to reach your absolute highest potential. For me personally I hope that it starts with imagining the absolute ultimate so that you can take a starting aim and begin to realise opportunities relevent to achieving that goal. I think its important also to remove any possibility of self limitation and so thats why beginning with the absolute peak in mind is an important to creating the best possible starting point because otherwise you might stop at a point that was below what you could have done. Like wlking to a nearby town when acyually you could have made it much further if you had planned ahead to do that in advance. For me its a spiritual thing as well because I think there is a lot of inexplicable benefits to always thinking in terms of absolute superlatives.

I had a kind of "spiritual" experience a couple of years ago and I realised that the things that I thought I would be doing when I was a kid were no where on my horizon. From where I was at that time there was absolutely no possibility that those life experiences could occur. Thats not to say that they are all occuring now, but all I am saying is that I have been setting up the possibility in advance for some time and so my chances now are much greater than they once were. Quite a few amazing things have happened, I must say, that I never previously imagined possible. I dont claim to be able to explain it properly, its just one of those things that has to be experienced to be believed I think. The closest I can do to describe it is that when you aim to think in terms of superlatives it not only aids your subconscious by giving it clear goals but it also brings you closer to what I might courageously call the wavelength of God.

As I say this the rain is absolutely pelting down outside and a flood looks likely (lol) ..there is a cyclone heading this way! so I think its time for me to say Adios Amigos.

Mongol General: We have won again. That is good! But what is best in life?

Mongolian trainee: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair!

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Mongol General: That is good.

Bill

Crushing ones enemies would not seem to be the absolute ideal.

Forcing your enemies to listen to Britney Spears all day, and to increase the torture with a bit of rap and them some R&B with a couple o' Boy Bands thrown in is much more fun than simply crushing them. Although the United Nations will probably forbid it as severe and inhuman torture. A crime against humanity, but what the heck - as long as you have some serious ear mufflers on, it might be fun to watch them scream in agony.

It's quite cliche, but being on my death bed and to say that I lived happily ever after would be a novelty moment. There are certainly things in my life that right now I believe would bring me closer to that goal, but can I really be positive those things will make my life complete? To make a comparison, have you ever stood in line for some killer ride, waited over an hour just to experience a minute of blissful exhiliration and then stepped off, disappointed? So I don't want to say that these experiences are going to complete me because what if I finish them unsatisfied?

Hi Amber,

You may be right about the dissatisfaction thing. I once wrote a completely workable plan to save the world that would deliver all humanity to a higher place, but still I am unsatisfied because having done that one then finds themself in a position where you kind of have to outdo yourself and you have developed a greater capacity from the first experience. I guess the whole point, just for me personally because how other people design their life and survival strategies is up to them, I wanted to reach my highest potential and so setting perfectly superlative goals of the most ideal order I could imagine was kind of like setting the directional compass..to see how far I could go towards the absolute ideal in one lifetime knowing that by perfectionalising the goals as much as I could in the beginning I was unlikely to change my mind much during that period. Creating global harmony in a multi dimensional and symbolic way for instance is something that I dont think will ever leave my desire. Im not trying to push my own ideals onto other people, but I am hoping to oneday come across someone that has some of them in common so that I can talk honestly about how the possibility might be created. There is probably nobody else on the planet thats seriously trying to come up with a plan to save it and implement it in such a way that nobody gets pissed off with the direction, but then thats just me, its something that I want to see achieved in my lifetime so that should I have children of my own I cant foresee any issues that have the potential climax in an extinction event.

• 2 years later...

I see trees that are green, red roses too

I watch them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

hear babies cry, I watch them grow

They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know

And I think to myself, ohh what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky

Are also on the faces of the people passing by

I see friends shaking hands, saying, "how do you do?"

But they're really saying, "I love you"

I see trees that are green and red roses too

I watch them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself, oh what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky

Are also on the faces of the people passing by

I see friends shaking hands, saying, "how do you do?"

But they're really saying, "I love you

I think to myself, ooh what a wonderful world

What a Wonderful World

• 3 months later...

Its funny when you find an old post and cringe. I feel I have a more universalised sense of consciousness since 2006 when the original post went up.

These days I would frame the question differently and try to allude to the self benefit of concieving of the perfect realisational goal that represents the total peak of the imagination ... matching the equivalency..and then raising the equivalency of the goal beyond that again to perpetuate a path to realisation.

Actually I might make that my present conceptual ultimate to truthfully meet the equivalency of three ways so I can be in harmony with being the leader of a pathway.. three ways true simultaneously being the standard of truth neccessary to satisfy my own self belief in the possibility by knowing what I have to concieve of in advance...in order to take that position and find comfort with the hearts of journeywomen.

Lets see (Im trying to work this out as I go here). Logic would say that I should pursue something which is a superlative advancement to that so that I have some level of thinking past that in play that I can progressively be in harmony towards in advance and establish a link of connection to a higher level of consciousness by that method. ie if some of my thinking is beyond that goal I'm almost bound to make a realisation which gives me advance on the lesser goal of pursuing to open up the path to exponential realisation.

Hmm ok so lets say I accept the opening up of the path to exponential realisation as a greater conceptual ideal suitably relatively placed to the leadership issue. So logic would then say that if I am pursuing to open up the path of exponential realisation to foresay cause a compound rise in the total mass level of consciousness (which would be a predictable outcome of truth) then if I stay true to adding to the chance of causing an upper level realisation to occur, conjunctive of course with expanding the chance of true love we might find ourselves one day again on some pathway of those dimensions.

Ah dear that means I have to backsolve by expanding the truth to expand the liklihood of their being a love true to the equivalency..because we cant be in sync if we dont share a common conception of truth.

So there was some expansion on that in the above so then let me see..probably I would then have to add a completely new tangent of conceptual dynamic so that I can compound harmony to the point of greater truth to maintain the reciprical stream of realisation on a hydrologic basis of logic so that there is some chance of exact understanding if all who find the doorway to a greater than two steps of realisational advancement by consequence understand that if you have 3 points of common logic shared you can maintain understanding well enough to advance the realisations of others to a new level by cross reference as well as triangulating your own future realisations by becoming more aware of the componentry itself..which is a good situation for the leader of consciousness in that regard (conceptually speaking to be in) because those that follow can compound logic foreward and back through the stream of consciousness with harmony to the flow of divinity if thats wahat it has to be called to make sense of it all.

Thank you very much ..its been a pleasure to be inspired by your beauty