Science Forums

Camp of the Saints

questor

Racoon: Dont you think a public profile can also be made up 'behind a computer screen'?

I've been in more than twenty countries, I've spent considerable time working without a visa though this only once resulted in a police problem, I presently have a visa but my passport has expired so I'm unsure of my legal status.

None of which makes me "right" but that's not my problem.

Here again is my post:

Racoon: I think you're asking the wrong questions. If foreign prisoners are treated as are local prisoners in both Mexico and USA, I see no reason for complaint. Expecting to be penalised as if in a different country is bizarre behaviour, you wouldn't think it a valid defense for a lawbreaker to claim "but it's not illegal in Mauritania", would you?

This doesn't constitute "calling out" and you have not answered it.

There..

If an American Breaks Mexican law for Non-violent crime, ie Pot/drug possesion, invalid Visa or Passport, speeding, petty theft, Public mischief , prostitution, or anything of that Ilk.. He/she/they should be deported back to the US.!!!

No Jail sentence. No 2 month wait.

Put 'em on the bus within a week, and ship back over to North of the Rio Grande!! :) :eek:

Thats my thesis statement.

'Cuz it is only Fair!

None of this They can-We cant BS...

We should push for that legislation.

Mexico owes it to us.

Its Very Late and Way past my bed time.......:)

When one of y'all lives in Venezuela, which is more dangerous than Mexico, then you can rebuttal...

Until then, ....

Call me an idiot in need of a Swift kick in the Butt...

OK,

After a long day and some rest,

Racoon is Big enough to admit that my posts earlier were not entirely & wholly based on fact! :eek:

I'm big enough to concede that I was wrong about the prison rapes in Mexican Prisons. :D Although Conditions are much worse.

I did a little research to find out that Rape is actually Less likely to occur in Mexico because they have a $10 conjucal visit program, which vents the sexual frustrations of prisoners.

I am also biased in that I spent my time in Venezuela. (not Mexico) ;)

And from my experiences there I was told to NEVER,EVER do anything that could land me in jail.

Venezuela is one of THEE worst in the world!! :) :)

The Illegal Immigration issue is a Huge Social problem/ Social issue without an easy answer. There are Pros and Cons to both sides.

There is NOT an easy solution!

It is hard to be objective; and seperate Fact from Feelings.

On both sides.

There are Benefits and Detriments.

There is Hypocrisy and Exploitation. ( both of US resources and services, and of those who cross for a better life.)

So I do concede to CraigD on a couple of his points,

And I do appreciate his insight and discussion on the matter...:D

Racoon: There's no "should" about it. I dont believe in obeying the law for it's own sake, do you obey every law, all the time? When I worked illegally in Japan I was aware that I would probably spend three months in prison if caught, I decided the risk was acceptable. Of course I dont expect any blind eye.

• 1 month later...

I thought i might revisit this thread since our congress is mightily involved

in trying to come to grips with this problem. for those who have a knee-jerk response when a person of one race happens to discuss people from another race, let me say the color of skin or ethnicity does not matter, this is a problem of numbers and job training. it is said we have around 12 million illegals in the USA. i first heard this number 4or5 months ago. with the new illegals pouring in, that figure may be closer to 13 million as of this date.

this brings a few questions to mind:

1. if these workers are coming to help our businesses, exactly how many illegals do we neeed for our current business demand?

2. is it true that the illegals also bear children that are automatically American citizens?

3. do the illegals also bring other family members who have no job?

4. in case of a business downturn and these low prority jobs are lost,

what will happen to these illegals and their dependants?

5. since almost all illegals perform low wage work and are not trained to perform work in the fastest growing section of our economy, the tech industry, how will these people contribute to the economy?

6. our country has finite resouces, and since this has been a frequent cause of societal failure in the past (read COLLAPSE, by Jared Diamond ) ,

why do supporters of open immigration think we can avoid the catastrophies visited upon other societies?

7. our health and education infrastructure is collapsing in the western and Southwest states under the onslaught of the immigrants, is this also something to ignore?

8. the numbers of immigrants are increasing and billions of dollars are flowing to Mexico, what price are we willing to pay for ''cheap labor''.