Science Forums

Is 7 minutes enough time to get an order right?

InfiniteNow

Isn't 7 minutes enough to get it right? Why don't they?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Isn't 7 minutes enough to get it right? Why don't they?

• They are dumb as rocks
    • They just don't care
    • They were poorly trained
    • The system setup makes it hard to do correctly
    • They are passive aggressively acting out their frustration for the low wages
    • The world really is going to shit

The kid wants a Happy Meal once every week or so. She does not like pickles, mustard, or onions but she does like ketchup. I always order it "plain". About 20% of the time it comes with everything. 10% of the time the hamburger is Chicken Nuggets. The toy is completely random: she likes cars (just like her mom), so half the time we ask for the 'boy's toy', and even if she is out in the car, it does not seem to have an effect on which we get.

Now, the reason I haven't voted here is because of the completely counter-intuitive fact that, as you can often really easily tell the "smart-but-bored" from the "stupid-but-trying", guess which group gets the order right most of the time? Yep, its the more mentally challenged ones who *do a good job*. Don't get me going about immigration/off-shoring, I'm not in the mood. The talent is here, but unfortunately, so is the attitude....

"No, I'll pass on the McSalad,"

Buffy

I probably should ammend the subject line to: Is 7 minutes enough time to get an order right in a FAST FOOD restaurant that specializes in food which is glopped onto a tortilla and can be accomplished in 30 seconds?

But, as I'm sure most of you were able to ascertain, I just needed to vent... Needed someone to hear me say, "Oh... Come on!"

All drive through order customers must never receive the correct order under corporate and/or management mandate. Pissed or not, a return customer is a return customer. Fries with that |= |= u c |< u |> ?

You know, Turtle, I have a feeling you might just be on to something here with that whole corporate mandate thing... :rain:

the "smart-but-bored" from the "stupid-but-trying."

That's a hell of a good point, Buffy. Good luck with the happy toys, and agreed on avoiding the McSalad! :angel:

For the folks at Popeye's the answer is all of the above.

I just want some G.D. chicken!!!! Please! It's the ONLY thing you make here...

Cheers. :driedovercookedchickenandslowtaco:

?? Isn't that an emoticon?

It's not like I was asking for a souffle and some smoked halibut with a basil remoulade.

Why not!? :) I'd love to see the troglodytes at Taco Bell try to decipher what a remoulade is!

Course, that could also get you beat up for being 'sum kinda froot or sumpin'''

Why don't you try it, and report back the results. :hihi: Or maybe I will - I've been jonesing from some grade D meat.

TFS

Why not!? :) I'd love to see the troglodytes at Taco Bell try to decipher what a remoulade is!

Course, that could also get you beat up for being 'sum kinda froot or sumpin'''

Why don't you try it, and report back the results. :) Or maybe I will - I've been jonesing from some grade D meat.

I could take em... Probably not a lot of black belts behind the counter of TC. :hihi:

I avoid the "meat" at the Bell as often as possible.

Besides, I forgot to include roasted garlic in my previous post about remoulade. :)

whenever my order is screwed up, it's because the alien can't speak english very well.

i always go to del taco by my house to get my thermos filled with hot water for tea. . .

i say, EVERYTIME,

"HOT water?"

and every single time, they've filled it with cold water and i've had to give it back and say "HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT water, HOT! like fries, HOT!"

(you know your in trouble when you have to pretend to touch something and shake your hand like it burned you so they go "OOOOOOOOOOOH HET watta")

its really fun to skate through twenty four hour drive thrus at 4 am.

i dont know what it is about the middle of the night, but the quiet makes me feel more alive, and i think the lack of traffic is soothing.

• 3 weeks later...