Science Forums

"NEW" Religion seeking members

Abstruce

Most Religions of today are Bogus. One is required to check reality at the door.:P

Because we make mistakes in the past, repeating them is not of sound mind.

This needs to be changed and I have considered spearheading a plan to do just that.

Change is hard for most when it comes to their faith, however if a new faith based more on reality were created it would possibly revolutionize the world and bring a great deal of people out of the dark ages.

I will then write a new BIBLE and I will call it the testament according to reality.

No it will not include a big guy in the sky and a red dude under the ground who will spank you if you are bad.

It will instruct whosoever seeks a god or creator to simply look into a mirror.

It will teach meditation instead of prayer.

It will teach Science as we understand it at today's level.

It will teach morals.

It will teach the history of other Religions and the reason for their existence.

It will state that any portion of the testament can be edited as needed for change thus creating a dynamic faith and not some old stagnate rag.

Last but not least we shall set up holidays.

To celebrate the existence of the Earth, and we will call it Earth Day.

We will have a celebration day for friendship of others whereby we are required to create new friendships and celebrate those newly made friendships with gifts.

We will have a national holiday to celebrate Family and to share our love for our families.

Just to name a few.

Everything will be based on the truth and reality. Now how hard could that be.

We will also teach that people who here voices in their heads should not be followed they should receive immediate medical attention.:P

I will call my new Religion the "Faith in Reality" church.:lol:

Sounds like a noble ambition Abstruce.

Perhaps you could prove the merit of your ideas by using the threads of this forum that cover your many topics to put in writing the teachings that you propose.

Bill

Yes Bill

My thoughts exactly.

Here we go.

Genesis: 1

Everyone is invited to have Faith in Reality. Those who attend will be considered to be living in Reality. Those who dispute us, will be considered to not be living in Reality.

In the beginning of the known Universe.

Well we do not know what happened for sure, yet the majority of Scientist and Scholars believe that there was a big bang. So we shall go with that until proven otherwise.

We must come to know one thing.

We do not know all the answers, and we will never know all the answers. And it is ok to live with this fact.

Evolution proves that we as Humans, evolved from single cell creatures.

For further study of this fact, please Join one of our Anthropology study groups.

The Book of Morals 1:

The Doo's and Don'ts.

Do not Lie

Do not Steal

Do not Cheat

Do not Murder or Harm others

Do not Condemn

Do not Hate

Do not Give Up Hope

Do not Break the Law of the Government

Do not Think Negative

Do Love

Do Good

Do Help

Do Give

Do Obey the Law of the Government

Do Not worry

Do Think positive

Do act in Moderation

These are simple to understand guidelines for behavior. If you do not fully understand what is stated here feel free to join one of our Moral study groups.

The Book of Values: 1

What happens if we fail?

Failure is the road to success. If we never fail then we have failed to try.

To fail is Human.

Rember the basis of Faith in Reality is, accepting the fact that we will not know all the answers to everyting.

Some things will never be known. Some things previously unknown will be discovered.

Not all facts are perfect. Perfection is not a reality it is only myth.

The Book of Revelation: 1

What happens after we Die?

You will be Dead.

After that nobody knows. And if they say they do, they are lying.

Do not discount your Life in hope of an after death experience.

Live life to the fullest, value life as it were your only chance in existence,

Life just might be the only chance you get to experience this reality.

You're zeal is refreshing. =)

Well we do not know what happened for sure, yet the majority of Scientist and Scholars believe that there was a big bang. So we shall go with that until proven otherwise.

Why?

Evolution proves that we as Humans, evolved from single cell creatures.

How?

The Doo's and Don'ts.

. . .

These are simple to understand guidelines for behavior. If you do not fully understand what is stated here feel free to join one of our Moral study groups.

What happens if we fail?

Now you are on a good track Abstruce.

A couple of questions along the same line as Southtown...

How can the doctrine of "Faith in Reality" contain anything still unproven to be factual? Doesn't that undermine the central teaching of your philosophy? Reality doesn't change with science. Science just clarifies what is previously undefined or misunderstood. In fact, reality requires no faith. Reality is that it is.

How do you justify that contrary message?

Bill

How can the doctrine of "Faith in Reality" contain anything still unproven to be factual?

Unproven things must be considered to be just that, unproven.

All we can do is study accepted scientific theory as a best educated guess scenario, until proven to be fact.

To have "Faith in Reality" means to believe in what we believe to be fact.

Yet to understand that even facts can change.

Change is a universal constant. All things change and so will this religion.

FIR will change to improve and to meet the needs of mankind in the future.

Doesn't that undermine the central teaching of your philosophy?

"Reality" is

1 : the quality or state of being real

2 a (1) : a real event, entity, or state of affairs <his dream became a reality> (2) : the totality of real things and events <trying to escape from reality> b : something that is neither derivative nor dependent but exists necessarily

- in reality : in actual fact

It is what we know to exist.

Things that we do not know to exist are works of imagination.

Reality doesn't change with science. Science just clarifies what is previously undefined or misunderstood. In fact, reality requires no faith. Reality is that it is.

How do you justify that contrary message?

Bill

Goooooood question!!!!!!!!

Science dose change what we know to be reality.

Science proved the Earth to be Round not Flat. This changed many peoples travel plans.

Reality dose require Belief and faith.

If you do not believe in Reality, you live in fantasy, you might believe that man made Gods created everything, this is the result of no faith in Reality.

And I will answer one more question that I know is coming soon.

What happens after we Die?

You will be Dead.

After that nobody knows. And if they say they do, they are lying.

Do not discount your Life in hope of an after death experience.

Live life to the fullest, value life as it were your only chance in existence,

Life just might be the only chance you get to experience this reality.

So who has the final authority on what unproven theorys are "Real" and which are "Fantasy"?

For the sake of argument we will edorse the views of mainstream science.

Will your tome give equal time to all unpoven theories or just selective ones that will be considered fact in lue of evidence?

Bill

I do not understand what you are asking here.

I think he's referring to the fact that "mainstream science" is perpetually disputed, correct BigDog?

According to your gospel, we should follow the majority of scientists' interpretation of evidence, regardless of whether they are correct or not.

Or is it that we shouldn't question their authority? LOL

For the sake of argument we will edorse the views of mainstream science.

** QUOTE **

I do not understand what you are asking here.

There are conflicting views within mainstream science, with smart men competing to prove what is true and what is false. Who will get picked as living in reality and who will be picked as living in fantasy when mainstream science doesn't agree? How much concensus will you need to qualify as being 'main stream science'?

Also, reality is what it is. Science can clarify our understanding, but it does not change what is and is not real.

Bill

I think he's referring to the fact that "mainstream science" is perpetually disputed, correct BigDog?

According to your gospel, we should follow the majority of scientists' interpretation of evidence, regardless of whether they are correct or not.

Or is it that we shouldn't question their authority? LOL

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if we are to believe that Science is perfect knowledge?

No you should not believe that Science is perfect, as it is not.

I encourage you to prove Science wrong.

If you can do this then you have just created Scientific fact.

We will then believe you until you are proven to be in error.:lol:

There are conflicting views within mainstream science, with smart men competing to prove what is true and what is false. Who will get picked as living in reality and who will be picked as living in fantasy when mainstream science doesn't agree? How much concensus will you need to qualify as being 'main stream science'?

Rember that the basis of Faith in Reality is, accepting the fact that we will not know all the answers to everyting.

Some things will never be known. Some things previously unknown will be discovered.

Not all facts are perfect. Perfection is not a reality it is only myth.

If ever Science doesn't agree with Reality, this I would like to see.

Also, reality is what it is. Science can clarify our understanding, but it does not change what is and is not real.

I agree.