Science Forums

"NEW" Religion seeking members

Abstruce

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkain101

Yet again we dont need religions.

Life is not about being a leader, a follower, or a servent, it is about following your own path that is tune with you the instrument, and playing a melody that is benificial to one and all, but you must make sure you finish your song before your end days.. you dont want to die with your music still in you.

Can I quote you? Did you write this?

Yes I wrote that it is my words, and this particular quote, I happened to extend as I wrote it here this time.

What do you mean can you quote me? If I say something its going to be accessable for someone to repeat, so yah quote me all ya like.

i don't know but the rules and what happens if we fail sounds like something i've heard before. thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not covet thy nebiors wife....., all men are sinners, to sin is human, all men fall short of the grace of god....

Yes, only there is no sin, no God, no Devil, where have you heard that before?

Yes I wrote that it is my words, and this particular quote, I happened to extend as I wrote it here this time.

What do you mean can you quote me? If I say something its going to be accessable for someone to repeat, so yah quote me all ya like.

I wish to use it in my Bible. I like the ideology behind what you wrote.

Oh I see....

Well you might want to know about the missing word in there.

Life is not about being a leader, a follower, or a servent, it is about following your own path that is -[here is the typo: readers choice to say, "in tune" or "of tune"]- tune with you the instrument, and playing a melody that is benificial to one and all, but you must make sure you finish your song before your end days.. you dont want to die with your music still in you.

so am i right in assuming your attempting to start a religion for people who dont beleive in god but do beleive in themselves and the world we are in? That right is right for rights sake, not because someone tells us?

Just, it occurs to me that such a religion could never exist in a true state as the majority of people attracted would still be looking for a 'religion' to set defining principles in their life. I.e a control, which seems to be what you wanted to get away from... You've just changed the point of control it seems.

Reminds me of a line the Great Bill Hicks said:

"I'm trying to start a party for people that hate people. I know they're out there, I just cant get them together......"

....perhaps one day i'll cure my stupidity...

as far as not having sin, sin as defined in websters is a transgression of a religious or moral law. you stated that your religion would teach morals, so if you break a moral law you sin by definition. no you didn't talk about god or the devil, but god's book was good enough to parafrase the rules from.

as far as not having sin, sin as defined in websters is a transgression of a religious or moral law. you stated that your religion would teach morals, so if you break a moral law you sin by definition.

You could of course go the Catholic route and have a distinction between mortal and venial sins, which I think is very useful sociologically, although if you're a communitarian, you might insist that all sins be severely punished. That of course takes us to the "judge not, lest ye be judged" issue of whether you should do anything at all as a non-God to pass judgement and mete out punishments or if that is always left to God. These are interesting distinctions to mull if you are creating a new religion.

Theologically,

Sister Buffy

"judge not, lest ye be judged"

Is that not where it relativly says; Justice must be served (to just is to judge) by a group of 3 or more witnesses. In doing so other opinions may judge your judgement.

This obviously will only work if the witnesses make sure to follow all the other commandments aswell, like Dont lie, if that is one of the commandments? heheh.

Life is not about being a leader, a follower, or a servent, it is about following your own path that is in tune with you the instrument, and playing a melody that is benificial to one and all, but you must make sure you finish your song before your end days.. you dont want to die with your music still in you.

Well said.

TFS

For what its worth.

-----

Life is not about being a self proclaimed Leader, a helpless servent of any, a blind follower, or a served elite. It is about proudly and nobley following your own path that is in tune with you the instrument, and playing a melody that is benificial to one and all and to make an effort to make sure its being benificial to one and all. You may want to make sure you finish your song before your end days. You would find it a most regretful time to die with your music still in you.

------

One thing you have to remember! A government is not the strong force like the image of it appears! It really is not. The government is paper, buildings, chairs, and a small group of people. The only true strong thing about a country is the people and a government bares such an image that it does, because the people hold it up there to see with their very own hands.

------

so am i right in assuming your attempting to start a religion for people who dont beleive in god but do beleive in themselves and the world we are in? That right is right for rights sake, not because someone tells us?

Just, it occurs to me that such a religion could never exist in a true state as the majority of people attracted would still be looking for a 'religion' to set defining principles in their life. I.e a control, which seems to be what you wanted to get away from... You've just changed the point of control it seems.

Reminds me of a line the Great Bill Hicks said:

"I'm trying to start a party for people that hate people. I know they're out there, I just cant get them together......"

....perhaps one day i'll cure my stupidity...

That's Funny.:(

as far as not having sin, sin as defined in websters is a transgression of a religious or moral law. you stated that your religion would teach morals, so if you break a moral law you sin by definition. no you didn't talk about god or the devil, but god's book was good enough to parafrase the rules from.

I am trying to make the Bible user friendly for Religious people.

And no, if you violate the moral code you are not in sin, you are immoral.

No God ever wrote a book.

I have made many updates to my Bible and I will be posting it here in the future.

You could of course go the Catholic route and have a distinction between mortal and venial sins, which I think is very useful sociologically, although if you're a communitarian, you might insist that all sins be severely punished. That of course takes us to the "judge not, lest ye be judged" issue of whether you should do anything at all as a non-God to pass judgement and mete out punishments or if that is always left to God. These are interesting distinctions to mull if you are creating a new religion.

Theologically,

Sister Buffy

Thanks Buffy, however there are no sin's in my Bible only morals.

We all live with the choices we make. If we live a moral life we have a clear conscience, If we act immoral we will bear that Burdon in our harts and minds and that is plenty of punishment in most cases.

In extreme cases we have the law to punish immoral acts.

Most Religions of today are Bogus. One is required to check reality at the door.:beer:

Because we make mistakes in the past, repeating them is not of sound mind.

This needs to be changed and I have considered spearheading a plan to do just that.

Change is hard for most when it comes to their faith, however if a new faith based more on reality were created it would possibly revolutionize the world and bring a great deal of people out of the dark ages.

I will then write a new BIBLE and I will call it the testament according to reality.

No it will not include a big guy in the sky and a red dude under the ground who will spank you if you are bad.

It will instruct whosoever seeks a god or creator to simply look into a mirror.

It will teach meditation instead of prayer.

It will teach Science as we understand it at today's level.

It will teach morals.

It will teach the history of other Religions and the reason for their existence.

It will state that any portion of the testament can be edited as needed for change thus creating a dynamic faith and not some old stagnate rag.

Last but not least we shall set up holidays.

To celebrate the existence of the Earth, and we will call it Earth Day.

We will have a celebration day for friendship of others whereby we are required to create new friendships and celebrate those newly made friendships with gifts.

We will have a national holiday to celebrate Family and to share our love for our families.

Just to name a few.

Everything will be based on the truth and reality. Now how hard could that be.

We will also teach that people who here voices in their heads should not be followed they should receive immediate medical attention.:beer:

I will call my new Religion the "Faith in Reality" church.:cocktail:

How do you define reality? And how is your reality the same as mine? I would definitely view the world different than you would, so in order for me to invest in your religion I would have to abandon my current ways of thought and conform to your indoctrination.

Also without any authority, how do you fortify your morals and your science? What is it based off of, your reality? What are your morals based off of? Your interpretation of good and evil? What makes your morals and science better than mine, by what standars would it be correct?

I prefer freedom over religion.