1 member has voted

1. 1. Who was God? (multiple choice)

• A great human being
    • An invention of human beings
    • God IS the Allmighty
    • I'm God
    • We are all Gods
    • We are all potential Gods

All right... ... At some point in history, (assumed by some to be about 4000 years ago,) this planet was indeed visited by aliens from outer space. These aliens, took a male and female and set them up in a guarded, well stocked area called Eden...

Very nice theory! I'll stick to mine though.

T0M

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come here to just know the answer of my friend's question. But now i reliased that there is no answer! No one can explain but Himself. But Himself can be no-self. so finally i conclude that He was invented by a group of creationists.

Your points are psychological basis, not philosophical basis. you're caged inside the theology of God's creationism after i read most of your previous threads. (not only this but also some other theology threads):shrug:

Ah, am I caged, or are you inside the cage? Hmmmmm, your reasoning entraps you. Good try though, but I've heard that all before, even on this site.

Hmm, I'm the only one who chose #3? I guess others are protesting this one or something. Anyway, Don't the mormons believe that God used to be a person on another planet and that we are all potentially Gods? Sorry I didn't actually bother to read any of the posts here, so sorry if someone already said this.

Yah only chose not to answer it because the question itself is biased. If one reads the Bible, Jesus also did not fall to such foolish questioning. Who WAS God? Though #3 answers that he IS the almighty, I also that does not describe nor identify God as I believe him to be.

Maybe more answers need to be posted to allow for other religious ideals.

Maybe more answers need to be posted to allow for other religious ideals.

Maybe I should have given the "other" option. I haven't considered more answers because considering more answers would have made me include ones such as "God is my dog" and stuff like that.

Yours is number 3!

T0M

For my own peace of mind I have found it necessary to define God in terms that fit what I have learned about life, the world and everything.

The human ind is a wonderful thing. It is designed to take any obscure input, and spit out answers. The more accurate the input, the better the output. But because the human mind answers all questions, you need to be careful how you pose questions so that you get useful answers. Anyway...

God:

1) The final evolution of man. Man was created in Gods image, and has the capacity to realize the full potential of God. It is a long journey. Mistakes will happen along the way. In the end that is where we will arrive.

2) Responsible for any forces in the universe not yet explainable by science.

I am not assuming that we will eliminate everything from definition 2. There is the possibility that we someday discover an intelligent "Godlike" power that is plainly proved to exist. This does not eliminate the validity of science, it just means that we need to revisit our assumptions (and our history?)

There are going to be parts of our universe that are beyond our comprehension. But that is for another thread.

Bill

On point 1, are you saying that when man finishes evolving he will be like God? Ok, so this might be a little of the original topic, but if one goes by the belief that God is the being described in the Bible, then you are soooooo far off. First, because you assume man is evolving, second because you think man can be like God (wasn't that what Satan promised Eve in his lie?)

Third, man was created in God's image, not created to become like man, those are two completely different statements.

Anyway, you are all entitled to your opinion. I don't mean to force mine upon anyone, so please don't take it that way, but then am I not also free to express mine?

CWES, your scholarly open mindedness is a breath of fresh air. I have no way of proving if I am right or wrong, so I can take no offense at the difference of opinion. I have basically taken the pieces of the biblical definition/description of God that fit my paradigm and used them to satisfy my need for reason. Perhaps the devil made me do it. Anyway...

I know this will get me flounced on this site, but I derived mathematically that man is evolving into God.

God = Infinity

Man = Image of God

Any fraction of Infinity = Infinity

Therefore ... Man = Infinity

Give me a minute to get into my bunker...

Bill

(I don't want to hear that if I weigh the same as a duck, I must be made out of wood... )

God = Infinity

Man = Image of God

Any fraction of Infinity = Infinity

Therefore ... Man = Infinity

Close...

BUT:

God is omnipotent, right?

Omnipotence implies infinite energy.

Energy equals mass.

The only thing coming close to infinite mass that we know about, is the universe itself.

In other words, if there is a god, he/she must be the universe itself.

Meaning that you, me, my dog and my computer are little bits of God.

If that's not the case, God cannot be omnipotent.

Points to ponder...:)

Who was God? ummm....When did He become an past tense? :)

On a serious note, I would have to say my beliefs are somewhat similiar to webentons.

" Finally the crown of righteousness is reserved for me. The Lord, the righteous Judge, will award it to me in that day--and not to me only, but also to all who have set their affection on his appearing. (2Timothy 4: 8)

• 2 months later...

I still go by a simple concept to think about.

We are made of quantum material. In this material lyes an observer that creates. Think about the fact that we can see color. According to an atom, why is color 'assigned' to specific frequencies. How can this be from a meaningless chaos reaction? I know we are co-creators in this field of space-time. We are obviously not all that impressive at creating.. but we do, A part of us, the witness creates color from input, creates emotion from input. All these things that are completely seperate and uninportant to the natural flow of space and its matter and energy.

I would like to hear the best explanation one could come up with to describe the invisible existence that resides within each body. The existence has no choice in the bodies configuration and how it operates but its there and not in anyone else.

i cant explain anything but those are truths to consider.

• 3 weeks later...
Humans believed in many Gods. Most of them are no longer considered as Gods today, but as human myths.

So, who was God is my question, as my theory says I know who were most of these no longer considered Gods.

And I find it very simple, so I will just name a few:

There is one creator call it what you will. The majority of religious world believes that this God is the true god. (the one of the Hebrew bible and of Islam) you were correct in that Islam and Christianity worship the same God. The fact that hi/it and his book are still around after all the other "gods" have fallen by the way side speaks volumes to me.

Also the prophesys that have come to pass (Israel becoming a state 2000 years after it was foretold) and many others seem to indicate, to me, that there is something to this Christianity thing. BTW, I am an open theist Christian.

The fact that hi/it and his book are still around after all the other "gods" have fallen by the way side speaks volumes to me.

The fact that it's still around after all these years, and after all the other 'gods' have fallen by the wayside is indicative of an almost perfect marketing technique, and nothing more. Take up Christianity, or burn in hell!

If I could sell inflatable dachshunds on the same principle, everybody would have one, and my business would keep selling inflatable dachshunds for thousands of years yet.

I would like to believe that GOd is an extraterrestrial being (mark it! I said extraterrestrial being (may be sort of an organization)and not an extratressetrial biological organism) who has the powers to sense all our thoughts, who can decide whether our actions deserve punishment or rewards. When to give reward and in what form is all part of its design (you may call it its software):xx: :doh: