Science Forums

My next keyboard

...or maybe not:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

If you are an elite programmer who can write sophisticated code under tight deadlines, someone who makes impossible projects possible; or a Silver Web Surfer your colleagues turn to when they need IT advice: this keyboard is for you.

Shouldn't your keyboard reflect your status as one of the elite? We think so!

This is not even geek - it is plain stupid.

But what next? "Speakers without sound! For those who know how music sounds!"

It reminds me of a spat I had with a co-worker once. She asked me some stupid question about her PC and I said something about it being a blond thing. Well, when I came back from lunch I noticed someone has used whiteout on my monitor to make a few corrections and knew immediately who the culprit was. When she returned from lunch the next day all of the keys on her white keyboard had been whited out :lol:

Yes, unless you count some old music keyboards whose keys are not weighted and always frustrate me when I discover that for the first time :) But, no, I dont' think all keyboards have five different key weights.... what does it matter to me now, in this profession? Nothing.. nothing at all. But I'd like to see what it feels like and whether or not it makes any difference. Why isn't it worth 80 dolla? Because I don't think it makes any difference. :)

This is getting interesting :):).

Maybe you guys should start posting these images in the Quality Jokes and Humor thread :).

I wouldn't mind having that keyboard Tormod showed though (The bull with 666 in it was pretty cool :), and OpenMind5 would probably use the w00t! on it a lot :))

PS

Thanks for this -->:)

:evil:

Maybe the new thing will be keyboards without keys!
They already got em! Check out this rollup rubber keyboard! I almost outted a trade show booth with these because they were so cool looking but ran out of budget....

http://www.dansdata.com/2keyboards.htm

I've also seen one that works with lasers and lets you just tap on any surface (senses the location your fingers are tapping, wild)....

Cheers,

Buffy