Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

“He that is good with a hammer tends to think everything is a nail.”

-or-

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."

- Abraham Maslow

“You need a bigger hammer.”

- My Grandfather

“I don’t think Maslow used a hammer very much.”

- me

I love this guy!

I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

- Jack Handey

On the other hand, we have different fingers.

- Jack Handey

Why can't the ant and the caterpillar just get along? One eats grass, the other eats Caterpillars... Oh, I see now.

- Jack Handey

Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the persons house and ring the doorbell. When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of its head with a note that says "You." After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.

- Jack Handey

When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.

- Jack Handey

Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ***?

- Jack Handey

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

- Jack Handey

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

- Jack Handey

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

- Jack Handey

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then you could keep Dracula and_Superman away.

- Jack Handey

Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an enemy planet.

- Jack Handey

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

- Jack Handey

Too bad you can't just grab a tree by the very tip-top and bend it clear over the ground and then let her fly, because I bet you'd be amazed at all the stuff that comes flying out.

- Jack Handey

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No speaka English."

- Jack Handey

Many people never stop to realize that a tree is a living thing, not that different from a tall, leafy dog that has roots and is very quiet.

Best wishes

One time just for fun, I took a shark with a knife in its head sticking a note on that said "You" to Jack Handey's door & rang the bell & ran away & when I get my parole I'm going to stop by again to ask Jack "How funny was that?". :hyper: -Roger Thelonious George

ROTFLMAO!!!

Turtle, you're twisted. And I just LOVE you for it!