Science Forums

Favorite Quotes

Dark Mind

I always loved saying, space time condominium... Space time continuum, yes sorry. Well you see the problems that are raised when you have to deal with this kind of dialogue.

Patrick Stewart

I remember how, when I used to turn over a page of a new script and see that I'd got a speech about dilithium crystals or some kind of communication, my spirits used to sink.

Patrick Stewart

I've often reflected on this in the past weeks as I've been following the presidential campaign: Very often, I thought it would have been great for both of these guys to sit down and be force-fed a couple of dozen episodes of Star Trek.

Patrick Stewart

There are several books that I have-the Physics of Star Trek, Star Trek and Business, there are manuals on command style and countless scholarly papers that have been written about the significance of Next Generation.

Patrick Stewart

And people wonder why I am a fan of Red Dwarf! :confused:

Best wishes!

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Mark Twain

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.

Mark Twain

Best wishes;

“Man I seen in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. I see all this potential and I see a squander. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables. Slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, to buy **** we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose, no place. We have no great war, no great depression; our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we will all be millionaires, and movie gods and rock stars, but we won’t. We’re slowly learning that fact, and were very, very pissed off.”

--- Brad Pitt, Fight Club

Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.

Jules Henri Poincaré (1854-1912)

We know very little, and yet it is astonishing that we know so much, and still more astonishing that so little knowledge can give us so much power.

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

Just putting these up here before I change my signature :surprise:.

Wonder where Turtle got his new sig from :surprise:...

Government Financing Theorem:

You have to be there when they take your stuff.

Proof:

1. No taxation without representation.

2. No mistaxation without misrepresentation.

3. No mistakes without misery presence.

4. No taking without your presence.

QED

clue:

As if!

By some anonymous taxpayer

Cheers;