Science Forums

Chemtrails vs. contrails

Turtle

___One has only to Google the word "chemtrail" to have a sense of the concern over what is going on in the sky. Here is just one new story concerning the topic. If you please, no attacks on the source, but stick to the topic.

___ http://www.phenomenamagazine.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Area+51&action=page&obj_id=3576&type_id=3&cat_id=132&sub_id=0

___What's going on up there? :)

Note: Link is longer good; don't know what happened 7 sorry.

Thanks for posting this in the strange claims forum, Turtle.

While an interesting read, I fail to see the mystery (but then again I do fail to see a lot of mysteries). :)

However I disagree that there should be "no attacks" on the source...evaluation of sources is important. If we want to find out what the stripes in the sky are, we need to find out if the source uses reliable sources of information.

Here is an audio interview with another person who thinks there is a mysterious conspiracy going on:

http://www.suesupriano.com/article.php?&id=4

It smells horribly like just another hoax theory.

Of course, it is very easy to construct an experiment to disprove at least one statement from that page:

aerosol trails in the sky sometimes referred to as "chem trails"-- those big, long white lines in the sky coming out of airplanes that one can see over much, although not all, of the earth. Seems they might be only over NATO countries.

Since Norway is a NATO country and Sweden is not, will the trails I see in the sky not be visible to Sweden? And will an airplane which leaves a trail in the sky over Norway as it passes the border to Sweden stop leaving a trail?

___One has only to Google the word "chemtrail" to have a sense of the concern over what is going on in the sky. Here is just one new story concerning the topic. If you please, no attacks on the source, but stick to the topic.

___ http://www.phenomenamagazine.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Area+51&action=page&obj_id=3576&type_id=3&cat_id=132&sub_id=0

___What's going on up there? :)

Who needs Google? Just go outside and look up. On any given day one can bet by midmorning the sky can be thoroughly defiled by those suckers.

Contrails evaporate quickly

chemtrails stick "on" the sky

like dogdoo on you shoe.

"Rumor" has it HAARP has something to do with it. But that's just "rumor."

Here. Treat yourself to HAARP's link. If you like the link please hit my blue check. Thank you.

http://haarp.com/main.html

___I listened to the interview Tormod linked to & it is similar to others I have heard. While the debate continues & strange claims abound, the US government has & does spray things out of planes to test biological weapons (yes on unsuspecting citizens) & control weather.

___I don't think all the trails contain chemicals, but some do by the government's admission. I have some more looking to do, but I believe I was under one of the bilogical spray zones as a child back in the 50's & as I now know I have severe allergys & no one knows what causes it I just have a little paranoia.

___Even if the trails just have water vapor, satellite views coupled with temperature data indicate the trails reflect significant sunlight over air routes. I see a lot of these trails over my area as well & they vary widely in appearence & duration. All in all it frightens me & I don't like it one bit. :)

___ I used to listen to Coast all the time (I have a story on their site;Giant Diable). I actually tried last night for the firtst time in months to listen but I only found poor reception.

___Anyway, I wonder if some form of spectroscopy works for identifying elements in clouds/trails? Short of flying right behind a suspect plane collecting samples, it seems unlikely the trail's content is proveable.

___Another thought of course is that if the government/military is behind it, is it no surprise they deny anything's going on?

It smells horribly like just another hoax theory.

Of course, it is very easy to construct an experiment to disprove at least one statement from that page:

Since Norway is a NATO country and Sweden is not, will the trails I see in the sky not be visible to Sweden? And will an airplane which leaves a trail in the sky over Norway as it passes the border to Sweden stop leaving a trail?

___Just so, what do you all in your country (NATO or otherwise) see in your skies? Swedes? Brazilians? Japanese? Others?

___Another thought as well; even if only 1 in a thousand flights is spraying stuff out secretly, we have a serious problem.

___Al, any chemical info on this? Is it possible to use spectroscopy to determine chemicals in clouds/contrails? :)

___Thanks Tormod. I haven't read all of it yet, but just in the start they say they have ever only identified about 30%"of the dissolved organic content of collected cloud and fog samples."

___Guess at the very least that makes it pretty hard to compare what's coming out of planes if you don't even know what's there naturally. :)

___Well I read the whole article Tormod linked to above & found one little hint that seems to imply spraying aerosols from planes. Here is the quote: "These findings will also provide new insight into the potential influence of carbonaceous aerosol particles on earth’s climate through modification of cloud properties (the indirect aerosol climate effect). "

___It's not much of stretch to believe they are spraying out way more stuff than they outright acknowledge. :)

• 5 months later...

Sitting looking South out my window, with the Sun directly in view. Lots of aircraft leaving contrails, and notably curving around back the way they came. Not long after, Mare's Tails formed up and slowing drifted East.

It occurred to me that the perfect thing to spray out is water. that any ice crystals forming must align to Earth's magnetic Field as they form. Basically the same as my experiments with the sewing pins & magnet, only on a larger scale.

Lots to look at in the sky tonight to the South as well, Venus, Uranus, Geminids, Moon, Mars, Saturn, Halley's Comet, etc. Check your ephemeri.

Back to watching clouds form(s).:)

I live in the same "neighborhood" as Turtle, and I too am baffled by the "trails" left by these flying objects in the sky.

These aircrafts fly at extreme angles, with no origination that can be explained; It's definitely not the local commuter airport. The "trail" left behind is clearly evident. Normal commercial jets leave no such "trail".

What the hell is their mission?? I see them daily. There has to be somebody flying those things, but nobdy I know can tell me exactly what they're doing or where they're going???

They fly as if they're headed way into the ionisphere!

The "trails" left behind linger for hours, and who really knows what is going on?

I don't doubt for a second, (maybe a minute), that our government wouldn't try some clandestine operation that experiments with environment/public health!:cup:

so what are contrails?

and seriously, what kind of vehicles are these that spit chemtrails?

I've always wondered and it doesn't make sense to me yet.

___Contrail is the name given to the white puffy clouds that form behind jet aircraft as hot water vapor in the exhaust condenses in the cold air. Chemtrail is the name given to similar looking clouds but implying other than water vapor as the condensate & or particulates.

___The concern is centered on past government experiments spraying out biological agents for testing as well as particulate & chemical solutions for seeding clouds to produce rain.

___At the very least, it is now known that on the East coast, the contrails of ordinary commercial flights along flight lanes have reflected enough light to lower the regional mean temperature measurably.