Science Forums

Does Water Have A Memory?

current

You guys have not watched any of the videos on the topic of does water have memory.

You just spout off what you and go off on a tangent .

I hoped that someone had the courage to watch at least one youtube video on the theory .

I did watch one of the videos, well half of one; it was all I could subject myself to. One of the supporting arguments made for water having a memory was based on the fact that a flowing river will collect various flotsam and jetsam as it traverses its course, and such things that are collected are a form of memory of where the river has been. So, you see, my depiction of a note in a bottle is right in line with what is being claimed!

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that water has a memory, and that is why I stopped watching the video at that point.

I suppose a claim can be made that a body of water, like a flowing river contains a memory of sorts of places and things it came in contact with along its journey, but that is a different argument entirely. I can assure you the Ganges remembers many things, including decomposing human and animal corpses, and I briefly thought of including a photograph of that, but decided the note in the bottle would be much better received.

As far as the various glass slides of dried water drops made by different people, it is no wonder they are different. Different people’s hands shake in different ways when holding a delicate syringe, and not all of the drops will fall from the same height. Basically, what they show is an impression of the splash made by the drops of water before it dried, and it would truly be amazing if all the splashes were the same! Many different splashes from many different hands is what we should expect, and indeed that is what we see.

In summary, this is just one more nonsensical claim that only the most gullible rubes will fall for and a total waste of time for everyone else.

I did watch one of the videos, well half of one; it was all I could subject myself to. One of the supporting arguments made for water having a memory was based on the fact that a flowing river will collect various flotsam and jetsam as it traverses its course, and such things that are collected are a form of memory of where the river has been. So, you see, my depiction of a note in a bottle is right in line with what is being claimed!

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that water has a memory, and that is why I stopped watching the video at that point.

I suppose a claim can be made that a body of water, like a flowing river contains a memory of sorts of places and things it came in contact with along its journey, but that is a different argument entirely. I can assure you the Ganges remembers many things, including decomposing human and animal corpses, and I briefly thought of including a photograph of that, but decided the note in the bottle would be much better received.

As far as the various glass slides of dried water drops made by different people, it is no wonder they are different. Different people’s hands shake in different ways when holding a delicate syringe, and not all of the drops will fall from the same height. Basically, what they show is an impression of the splash made by the drops of water before it dried, and it would truly be amazing if all the splashes were the same! Many different splashes from many different hands is what we should expect, and indeed that is what we see.

In summary, this is just one more nonsensical claim that only the most gullible rubes will fall for and a total waste of time for everyone else.

You should have watched the WHOLE video .

Look many times I have lost patients with videos , theories etc .

But my attitude is this ; maybe I might come across something that surprises me , that makes me think .

And that is what I came across in the video .

Have patience , what you view will surprise you .

Understand when I came across this idea that water has " memory " I was sceptical of course . But the video in full length showed the proof .

Stupidly blatant strawman alert! Are you seriously saying that something that in your own words "has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that water has a memory" can in some way invalidate the claim, the claim that it has nothing to do with?

I've come across this claim a few times before. It's an interesting claim and it seems like a strange one to make up, unless it's an attempt to validate something else like homeopathy. It would be very interesting if there's something to it.

Well thanks for doing that. Evidently it was your turn to put on the rubber gloves and Chernobyl suit, on behalf of the rest of us. :)

Stupidly blatant strawman alert! Are you seriously saying that something that in your own words "has absolutely nothing to do with the claim that water has a memory" can in some way invalidate the claim, the claim that it has nothing to do with?

I've come across this claim a few times before. It's an interesting claim and it seems like a strange one to make up, unless it's an attempt to validate something else like homeopathy. It would be very interesting if there's something to it.

The bulk of this his post is pointing out this video does not provide the evidence claimed. 

His closing remark makes perfect sense in the context of the whole thread. I posted other evidence, way back towards the start, that knocks the idea of water memory on the head. Water molecules randomise from any given arrangement in the order of 50 femtoseconds. 

Water memory makes no scientific sense, has no supporting evidence and seems to be just a pseudoscientific veneer for homeopathy, in order to get people to carry on buying quack medical remedies. As we know, medical scams are very hard to kill off, because of the huge money to be made from exploiting people's fears about their health.  

I must admit that I haven't read the rest of the thread and it does seem like a nonsensical claim. I stand by my strawman comment though.

I came across something similar recently, that water has a fourth phase and that it's in this phase in our cells. That's an interesting one.

The bulk of this his post is pointing out this video does not provide the evidence claimed. 

His closing remark makes perfect sense in the context of the whole thread. I posted other evidence, way back towards the start, that knocks the idea of water memory on the head. Water molecules randomise from any given arrangement in the order of 50 femtoseconds. 

Water memory makes no scientific sense, has no supporting evidence and seems to be just a pseudoscientific veneer for homeopathy, in order to get people to carry on buying quack medical remedies. As we know, medical scams are very hard to kill off, because of the huge money to be made from exploiting people's fears about their health.

Water memory makes scientific sense when viewed with the evidence . Homeopathy theory is irrelevent here .

Femtotechnology is hypothetical technology .

Water memory makes scientific sense when viewed with the evidence . Homeopathy theory is irrelevent here .

Homeopathy is irrelevant to the validity of the claim but it's a strong motive for supporting and publicising it.

Do they give some kind of possible explanation for how water holds information?

Apparently there's a nocebo effect as well. People who have been wrongly diagnosed with a condition have ended up developing that condition, far too often for chance. Kind of makes a mockery of objective testing when belief can overrule biology. :) More evidence that the universe is created by consciousness rather than the other way round.