Science Forums

Business And Futurology

AozoraK

So I noticed A lot of comments regarding making the game of SAO itself, however I would like to point out that there is already a team (in which I'm a part of) working on such a game (which we are working on obtaining official copyrights for).

Age of Aincrad: (http://age-of-aincrad.com/ https://www.facebook.com/AgeofAincrad?fref=ts) .

Now I know many of you will point out that our game isn't being developed for Full Dive, but , along with the technology not yet existing, I do not believe it would be an effective market strategy to limit the FDVR tech to an already existing universe. This would vastly limit the potential market, and would most likely cause the downfall of the technology, regardless of the popularity of things such as SAO.

I think the most important thing is to develop the technology itself; Providing different use case scenarios so that we have a larger chance for investment. In order to show these, we must find a way for the tech to work, and then work on 'Seed' code that will provide the base framework so that outside developers may then develop their games, architectural software, etc. for the tech. By developing said code, we would then be able to easily maintain a security over the 3rd party software, by personally limiting the parameters it is allowed to operate under. Obviously we already see something similar with things such as Windows, and even Game console software. However, considering we would have direct control of the hardware-to-brain interactions, I believe the software would be easier to maintain and update as a way to ensure the safety of the consumers.

If we can manage to illustrate this point to potential investors, we have have a chance at seeing the project gain the traction it needs to become feasible. From a purely business standpoint, I believe safety will be the largest concern. Marketing shouldn't be too much of a problem honestly as its something so revolutionary, that it should be able to garner enough attention.

Sorry if my points were a bit sporadic. I typed this in a bit of a hurry. But please let me know what you think about this. I would really like to help in anyway possible.

Edited by Snow

So I noticed A lot of comments regarding making the game of SAO itself, however I would like to point out that there is already a team (in which I'm a part of) working on such a game (which we are working on obtaining official copyrights for).

Age of Aincrad: (http://age-of-aincrad.com/ https://www.facebook.com/AgeofAincrad?fref=ts) .

Now I know many of you will point out that our game isn't being developed for Full Dive, but , along with the technology not yet existing, I do not believe it would be an effective market strategy to limit the FDVR tech to an already existing universe. This would vastly limit the potential market, and would most likely cause the downfall of the technology, regardless of the popularity of things such as SAO.

I think the most important thing is to develop the technology itself; Providing different use case scenarios so that we have a larger chance for investment. In order to show these, we must find a way for the tech to work, and then work on 'Seed' code that will provide the base framework so that outside developers may then develop their games, architectural software, etc. for the tech. By developing said code, we would then be able to easily maintain a security over the 3rd party software, by personally limiting the parameters it is allowed to operate under. Obviously we already see something similar with things such as Windows, and even Game console software. However, considering we would have direct control of the hardware-to-brain interactions, I believe the software would be easier to maintain and update as a way to ensure the safety of the consumers.

If we can manage to illustrate this point to potential investors, we have have a chance at seeing the project gain the traction it needs to become feasible. From a purely business standpoint, I believe safety will be the largest concern. Marketing shouldn't be too much of a problem honestly as its something so revolutionary, that it should be able to garner enough attention.

Sorry if my points were a bit sporadic. I typed this in a bit of a hurry. But please let me know what you think about this. I would really like to help in anyway possible.

Hi Snow, I actually watched your video updates. It's amazing how the game works. By all means, I'm looking forward to the game being integrated; if not by the FDVR or in any type with relation to virtual reality. Right now we are still in the middle of working on the use BCI as the primary controller of the game. Secondarily the simulation of the 5 senses and some other stuffs.

Hey guys just found this thread you guys are going in a great direction I actually have a small team of people working on this, we are very excited and are always looking for bright young minds.

I was wondering if I could be a part of this team. If it is still goin on

I 100% thing we should start a world wide fund raiser for FullDive technology and the production of games and software for the device, I live in Canada so that's a start though we would have to descus the transfer place for the money and what the donaters get back from it, so you can message me at [email protected] or on facebook at Brad Greeno. We have to descus who is exactly going to make and develop the technology for the device, and the deposit location, because we have to start small and we want this to be big, we have to get the word out about FullDive technology and nerve gear development and have fundraisers to place them on, so if we could make a page on Facebook that would be primo and have descussions about the progress, if we have fundraisers we have to descus who is keeping logs of the subscriptions/donaters to figure out what we should give back to them, hit me up on facebook or email me

I 100% thing we should start a world wide fund raiser for FullDive technology and the production of games and software for the device, I live in Canada so that's a start though we would have to descus the transfer place for the money and what the donaters get back from it, so you can message me at [email protected] or on facebook at Brad Greeno. We have to descus who is exactly going to make and develop the technology for the device, and the deposit location, because we have to start small and we want this to be big, we have to get the word out about FullDive technology and nerve gear development and have fundraisers to place them on, so if we could make a page on Facebook that would be primo and have descussions about the progress, if we have fundraisers we have to descus who is keeping logs of the subscriptions/donaters to figure out what we should give back to them, hit me up on facebook or email me

That is  great idea. I think there needs to be some way for us to make money on this project. What kind of fundraiser did you have in mind? And we dont currently have a designated person or group of people, but I have tried to do something about it with this forum: http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/28417-17robots-fulldive-vr-company/?p=336317. But the other thing is the research. We can't just go in and develop technology for humans without testing it. But we couldn't just test it on humans straight away. We would have to look into testing it on monkeys and such so we know that they're safe. Everything isn't free. So we are going to need a lot of money.

Hello Everyone,

I have been shadowing this forum for quite awhile now and I feel as If I am ready to properly contribute: To start I own a small game development company and have noticed that most of the users have sidelined one of the more important pieces of the puzzle, speaking of course about the game itself. A mmorpg of any size is a huge multi-year project especially with the type of photo realistic graphics that would be required to create a game along the lines of SAO. I am willing to put my companies resources to this, but we need to start a discussion on it as well.-- something this project (all parts of it could use it) needs is a github page where we can map out every single issue and tackle them one at a time in a organized fashion. then the individual mini-projects need a team leader and a group built toward solving there small piece of the puzzle before reforming to tackle the next one. Compensation to my company can be addressed at a later date probably with ownership of a small percentage of the IP and Tech (5-8%) or some thing else we can discuss.(this is not a big issue for me as being a part of this is more important than the money currently) Is becoming organized like this something the group would be interested in or shall we continue throwing out ideas AdHoc ( good ideas but i digress).

let me know what you think.

V/R

RisingDev

P.S. please dont see me as greedy im really not but paying my developers is expensive and out of pocket can only go so far, them helping cuz they like me only goes so far lol

Edited by RisingDev

Oh,

one more thing to consider, what about having a non profit dedicated to bringing FullDive tech to the world the nonprofit can accept donations and make grants to the teams/ companies actually developing the tech/software. the actual rights and IP could be owned by said companies but the funding and donations would arrive via the nonprofit and given to where they could do the most good. although the nonprofit would also need to be geared not just toward the tech but the games/ medical usage and anything else we can think of coming afterword as well.

Thanks

RisingDev

Edited by RisingDev

"Then the individual mini-projects need a team leader and a group built toward solving there small piece of the puzzle before reforming to tackle the next one." - (RisingDev, 17/3/15, 8:02 PM) (The quoting system wasn't working for me)

Regarding the 'mini-projects' These would need to be a large array of different fields, such as your game design, software development, neurological science (to some degree), and many more. And a lot of money would need to be accumulated to support each of the different projects. It is a very good idea and i support these method of how we are going to progress in the creation of this invaluable device. (I say invaluable because of the many uses it will have in many different industries and day to day life, apart for just games.)

A fund raiser is a very good idea, yet sadly it would only have to be the start and it is a very good way to do so, it would get the word out to the public on what we are trying to do and hopefully get the project noticed by the needed field of science.

With regards to the 'ownership' of the device, I believe it would be best to have a 'mother company' so to speak that all of "the individual mini-projects" work under, yet can have their own company names and business id they desire. The ownership would primarily go to the mother company, and the creators of the individual aspects of the device, that would derive from the 'individual mini-projects' would also be credited with the creation of it, thus giving them to some ownership.

Kind Regards,

Eyeball      :kangaroo: (kangaroo is to say I'm Australian)

Now with regards to getting funded by either the public and or other organisations, the Nerve gear needs to 'presented' right so to speak. If we just state that we are creating it solely for the purpose of gaming, it will be harder to gain the necessary funding and man power. The nerve gear can be used for a variety of different uses; gaming is the obvious one its why we are all here, but i can also be used in training of dangerous and delicate fields of work, such as the military and surgical training (based on the fact that 'true to life' games/simulations are created). With regards to inventions (which I am sure will be a key feature in the next season of SAO (which is most likely to come out mid next year)) that can come from a true to life game is endless, because most people (like us) may not have the resources and money to create the said inventions. In the "underworld" (which is where the next SAO will be based) is said to be 1500 times fast then the real world (said by Kirigaya Kazuto him self, since he created it), it is possible due to the relevance of time. If a simulation like this is created in the real world it would give birth to new age for humanity, as people are able to spend more time creating things, possibly with out the limitations that they had IRL.(I've gone a little of topic). If the Nerve Gear's development is marketed to the public and the possible industries that it may influence in its completion funding may not be an issue.

Sorry of the block of text.

Kind Regards,

Eyeball   :kangaroo:

Edit 1: P.S. Just got done writing a lot of martial for school, that's why this text is kinda in a persuasive format. :)

Edited by Eyeball

Yeah I totally agree. But the question now is who will be in complete authority over all the fundraising and the company after the public has been told about it? I'm not saying this as a grasp for power, but we all need to know who would be in charge. And also that person would designate people to be assistants that have their own authority over their team. As of now, that's all the questions I have, but yeah, sounds great so far.

Well a non profit will generally elect a board of directors to lead and decide the directions they should head in, these could be the voted upon team leaders with say a third of the board replaced every year or something the same people can try out again but they would have to be voted for by the organization as whole based on there merits and what they bring to the table