Science Forums

Business And Futurology

AozoraK

It would be usefull to transfer this thread over to that offsite forum and colaborate the posts to topic specific threads.  For sake of copyright and plagiarism and all that smuck many other fora worry about, the thread administration here and the forum administration there has permission copy my posts over...

Forum categories I would suggest are: Neural science, Computer science, Ethics&Legals, Psychology, ....

Adding as soon as it becomes relevant: Brain Computer Interfacing, Software Engineering, ....

Maybe, if it becomes important, we can add: Endocynology, PR, Funding, etc...

It would be usefull to transfer this thread over to that offsite forum and colaborate the posts to topic specific threads.  For sake of copyright and plagiarism and all that smuck many other fora worry about, the thread administration here and the forum administration there has permission copy my posts over...

Forum categories I would suggest are: Neural science, Computer science, Ethics&Legals, Psychology, ....

Adding as soon as it becomes relevant: Brain Computer Interfacing, Software Engineering, ....

Maybe, if it becomes important, we can add: Endocynology, PR, Funding, etc...

which site are you referring to. there have been multiple that have been put onto this thread. we should probably choose one and stick to it. 

Well i think we can choose between http://nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com/ and http://forum.brosquad.de . In my opinion we should choose the site based on the things we could do with it.

I would list the features of my Site here:

Cloudflare added

100 Subdomains of my domain brosquad.de or any other domain linked to the webspace

2 gb webspace (scalable)

25 Mysql databases

10 ftb accounts

150 email accounts (usefull for internal communication)

Another Option would be that I and Immortal517 work together on one site.

But well i just want to help get this project going.

so if you want i would get a domain for this project.

We could discuss the name here.

Edited by yukki

Well i think we can choose between http://nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com/ and http://forum.brosquad.de . In my opinion we should choose the site based on the things we could do with it.

I would list the features of my Site here:

Cloudflare added

100 Subdomains of my domain brosquad.de or any other domain linked to the webspace

2 gb webspace (scalable)

25 Mysql databases

10 ftb accounts

150 email accounts (usefull for internal communication)

Another Option would be that I and Immortal517 work together on one site.

But well i just want to help get this project going.

so if you want i would get a domain for this project.

We could discuss the name here.

I'm down for either one I just made the clan one as a beginner

It doesn't matter to me which website is used, as long as we can move off of this forum. We would need to make it a code name, however. The idea that anyone can google "How to make NerveGear" and land on this forum, see our ideas, take them and then beat us to it, is possible. 

I have read an article a couple months ago about scientists beaming info to each other using light and mirrors, and that that light could carry a crap ton of information. I was really intrigued, but now that you mention it in these terms, I really like that idea, if it is possible. I think that is something that should also be looked into. Great Idea.

It doesn't matter to me which website is used, as long as we can move off of this forum. We would need to make it a code name, however. The idea that anyone can google "How to make NerveGear" and land on this forum, see our ideas, take them and then beat us to it, is possible.

You don't find that remark a tiny bit discourteous? The site owner, the administrators and the moderators have all been quite happy to host your discussion on this topic. Indeed one administrator has made some pertinent contributions that contain more substance in a single post than the rest of you have provided in total.

And then, in act of what I can only think of as temporary insanity, you wish to remove the one thing that has brought you all together: accessibility. Ultimately you may indeed wish to create a degree of privacy, but at present your ideas are so ill formed, unrealistic, one is almost tempted to say infantile, that you need to remain open to other like minded people in the hope that some of them have an appropriate level of business acumen and engineering awareness to counterbalance your admirable, but utopian dreaming.

You don't find that remark a tiny bit discourteous? The site owner, the administrators and the moderators have all been quite happy to host your discussion on this topic. Indeed one administrator has made some pertinent contributions that contain more substance in a single post than the rest of you have provided in total.

And then, in act of what I can only think of as temporary insanity, you wish to remove the one thing that has brought you all together: accessibility. Ultimately you may indeed wish to create a degree of privacy, but at present your ideas are so ill formed, unrealistic, one is almost tempted to say infantile, that you need to remain open to other like minded people in the hope that some of them have an appropriate level of business acumen and engineering awareness to counterbalance your admirable, but utopian dreaming.

Well you are right with this,i mean we can use this site for the discussion and to organize things and doing more indepth stuff we could use the other site so in this way we have Privacy for things that should be private and we still can openly discuss.

Which I think is a sensible approach and one I am personally enthusiastic about. From my viewpoint I am very happy to see you continue to use the site for that purpose. I also maintain a hope that some of you might choose to engage in some of the other threads from time to time and help return this forum to the activity level it once enjoyed.

Hey guys! I came across this topic while searching for the VR progress.. ANd I've read your posts (well, not all of 'em). By the way I've become interested in the topic about VR after watching SAO. I've searched so many forums and I think this one caught me. There are so many young people here interested in teaming up that I thought.. "why not?" How 'bout we try to put it into realization.. By the way I'm 17 y/o. This forum has given me motivation.. For now I shall read all of your posts here..  :)

@zedovr If we tricked the mind in to thinking that we do not need to contract a muscle that hard to be in movement, then in game it would look like you made a full movement while in real life your just barely contracting your muscle.

Does this make sense to you? Or correct me if I'm wrong. I still need to do some research on this, but I think its more achievable than a EEG that reeds your movement. But we could still use it for other things like 'using the force' if you've seen those videos where they're moving a cube with their mind

KInesia..Yes good point. actually Zedo and I are now dicussing this on the other site.. Hope you could join here http://nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com/ I also just signed up..

Yeah sure Mactyville sure I would really like to contribute to this project and really don't mind that anyone steals my ideas as long as they mention me as the one who came up with it. The more competition there is, the faster it will go :). And to zedovr, the mind is easely tricked