Science Forums

Business And Futurology

AozoraK

I've signed up for the website http://nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com/

If anyone else is on it or we have a different site that we prefer, let me know.

well in the moment we have 2 sites forum.brosquad.de and nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com we could just vote which site we should use. if no one has a problem with it the vote starts now and ends tuesday 4 pm.

i would count the votes and then we have it. my vote goes to forum.brosquad.de since i dont know the features of the other site.

PS:the sites are for organising and in depth stuff,i think the open discussion should stay here for the moment.

Edited by yukki

Even without knowing the features, just looking at the forum category structure that has already been set up for the NerveGear project, I would go for Brosquad.  If Nervegearsquad creates a similar or equal category structure, I think I'd go with Nervegearsquad, because it already has discussions....ultimately, I go with the one that looks better organised and structured.

And I think a German FDVR themed forum should have been named Project_Bielefeld, because "Wenn schon nicht in dieser Welt, dann seh'n wir uns in Bielefeld." ("And if not in this world, we'll see each other in Bielefeld.")  :nahnahbooboo: :roll: :pardon:

Edited by Kilravok

Reading motions from your brain is not the real problem, I think.

The problem is "writing" them back into users brain without physical contact. We have no technology to do this yet, but in my opinion we haven´t to write into the brain directly. What about manipulating the main nervous system in the neck? If we bring the user into REM-sleep his/her body isn´t able to move anymore, but the organs are still working.

If we are able to build this technology, we are able to build something like nerve-gear from SAO.

I´ll talk to some neurologists at my university soon and after this I´ll update this post :)

@KiritoAsuna: working together with you would be the greatest for me, I hope you are still working on this project.

If you need any help with tgis i would lend a hand i don't mind testing and help with maping nerves and any other software I've been interested in this along time i keep my self in peak health and don't mind travelling

Craig and Jacob I am Simply Commenting to say i look forward to a nerve gear being here shortly and I too have decided that would go to college specifically to learn exactly what to do and what is needed to create a nerve gear or amusphere gaming headset i hope one day ill get to meet you Jacob since you decided to do the same maybe we can work together on it in the future. Thank you Craig for your insight but i will dedicate my life to making this even if it doesn't turn up to be very popular. Once again Thank You guys. :1drink: 

If you have seen the hit anime Sword Art Online (or S.A.O for short) you most likely know what the nerve gear is and what it does. Going into this though i will explain what it exactly does as if no one has ever heard of it. The Nerve Gear is a VR device (or virtual reality device). I have posted pictures as to what it looks like attachicon.gifnerve gear.jpg attachicon.gifsao nerve gear.jpg . Through the device every sense is being used. When you are in the game you smell the things around you, you can taste everything you eat. You can see and hear everything around you in a photo realalistic enviroment. You can feel everything as if it were in the real world right in front of you. (Please note the sensation of touch and feel is not to the of the real world though.) When i say you can  feel things i mean each type of feeling, mechanical reception the feeling of contact, thermo reception the feeling of hot and cold, stretch reception the feeling of muscle compression, kinestesia the sensing of body movements, proprioception the sensation of a body's place, and equilibriaception the sensation of balance. So i will break down what we have and what we will most likely have in the near future if everthing goes right that has to do with these five senses. Photorealistic graphics are expected to be around by the year 2020 as predicted by the scientist Michio Kaku. (thats two years before S.A.O is even released in the anime). Headphones are already great and will only get better with time. With taste and smell finding the answer will exponentially help the as the two senses are so closely related. touch is the big one here, there are many devices to simulate each type of touch i described but it would need to be all in one and need to all fit with in the helmet used as it is the only peice of equipment used in the show (though it is connected to a strong pc). the device would only need to touch your head and still give you feeling anywhere on your body. As for the controls they are completly controlled through the brain. You have the full range of movement that you have in the real world in the game, (without ever actually moving in real life). I would imagine this would be done through an EEG (electroencephalogram) that could take the brain's electrical signals used to move and redirect them into a computer that would us them as movement commands. By the way none of this is invasive so nothing has to connect into your body. So give your ideas to how far along we are to doing this and new tech that would make this possible. i personaly plan on going to college to create such a device so please lets start a discussion about this. i believe this is all possible because if humans put there mind to it anything can be created. An example of this is the atom bomb, everyone thought it was impossible to split an atom but we did it and now we have nuclear generators and reactors.   

Jacob, Kiritoasuna, darkfightermick, deadlydoener.. You guys are the best! I've been reading this forum.. and gained my motivation back.. :) Your enthusiasm motivates everyone in here.. I'm looking forward on working with you.. if your still "in" on this project.. We have been researchin for a while now.. and discussing about the topics and reseachinh ideas. I really like to work with you guys.. By the way I'm 17.. currently taking BS Pharmacy but my view is directed to computing, and stuffs like this.. by the way this website has helped so many people who are also into this. And we have some specific discussions also in this site  and about the funding of the development. but first we need as many members as we could get http://nervegearsquad.clanwebsite.com/pm

@ darkfightermick : If you don't mind you could take a peek at the site I give you it's regarding about the development.. :)

I hope we could make it into a realization. Working with you guys would mean a lot to me and everyone. :)

Also, why cant we just invite people from other forum threads into the one forum and talk about it together? No doubt there will be tonnes of other people that can bridge gaps or suggest paths we havent walked yet. It will give us a larger populace with a tonne more input and would remove the need for competition and encourage more to connect with each other for the love of the concept :)

Also, why cant we just invite people from other forum threads into the one forum and talk about it together? No doubt there will be tonnes of other people that can bridge gaps or suggest paths we havent walked yet. It will give us a larger populace with a tonne more input and would remove the need for competition and encourage more to connect with each other for the love of the concept :)

Hey guys.

Can I please encourage you away from the pre-programmed manipulation and configuration of the brain? It's not a USB plug and play device. You cant just insert your head into the device and use it willy nilly. Everyone has unique brain functions. For example, I'm epileptic, so my brain would function completely different to you all on this forum. So in short, let's put muscle contraction and expansion, the five senses, and all actual bodily communication to a halt.

1. We need to know what we're monitoring.

2. We need to know how it talks to the body.

3. We need to know how it syncs with the brain.

4. We need to know how it would respond under any specific conditions and how LOGICALLY we could adapt the system to monitor for adjustments and whether its safe or not.

I enjoy that you all are throwing in your efforts and providing information where possible, but this is a mess of scrambled eggs where everyone would take at least 24 hours or repetitively going through this forum to collate the ideas we have and see where everything is going and where we've all been.

I appreciate the efforts put into the extra websites but I'd say stop worrying about hiding our research. If a company or conglomerate wanted this same research so bad,they would just hire the experts and beat us to it. We have nothing to hide other than collaborated results, which dont seem to be taking shape as we're still just throwing coins into the wishing well.

We gotta start realistically. Funding means nothing without solid ground to stand on. Solid ground doesnt exist without results, results dont exist without collaboration and how can we collaborate when we're bouncing off the walls like Alvin and the chipmunks on coffee?

... yes, I watched that movie.

But still, stop worrying about competition because in the end, if we worry about that then we all compete against one another for some reason or other.

We need to know what parts of the brain to work with and how to read it before worrying about writing.

Start from the ground up...

Or am I wrong in any of this?

Why yes, DHendry1988 thanks for reminding us what we are here for. You know we are almost blinded by competition that we forgot why we are collaborating in the first place :) You know what you're right we should start organizing ideas because this brainstorming is turning this place into a mess of unorganized random ideas. I suggest we should settle a system right away to prevent more and more confusion. Ideas here, there and everywhere that we don't know where to start already. And on top of that we should stop the competition cause it ain't gonna do us anything at all we're here for one reason, right?. :)