Science Forums

Future Scientists

Kizzi

Maybe the rate of expansion outwardly (from the Big Bang origin point) is much greater than the rate of expansion between two close points on the (naturally created) sphere. Therefore no black hole could form x seconds after the Big Bang (rate of expansion too high), but later, even though the 'outward' expansion increased as time flew by, the rate of expansion between two close points on the sphere was/is slow enough to allow formation of black holes?

It all came to me today!

Does this mean, as the rate of expansion between two points on the sphere is accelerating, the day will come when the rate of expansion will be two high to allow the formation of black holes?

I'm assuming the universe is like an ever increasing sphere! Not really sure about that.

:rant:

Kizzi

Maybe the rate of expansion outwardly (from the Big Bang origin point) is much greater than the rate of expansion between two close points on the (naturally created) sphere. Therefore no black hole could form x seconds after the Big Bang (rate of expansion too high), but later, even though the 'outward' expansion increased as time flew by, the rate of expansion between two close points on the sphere was/is slow enough to allow formation of black holes?

It all came to me today!

Does this mean, as the rate of expansion between two points on the sphere is accelerating, the day will come when the rate of expansion will be two high to allow the formation of black holes?

I'm assuming the universe is like an ever increasing sphere! Not really sure about that.

:rant:

Kizzi

This is why I came up with my theory to explain it. http://www.rubbertreeplant.co.uk/gravity.php is the full text with images, and there's a thread about it here somewhere, too, that I started. http://hypography.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2874

Given that a black hole won't let light escape, and that c is the limit to how fast something can travel in this universe, there is no way to explain it with "normal" Big Bang theory.

What you say above isn't sensible to me. If the universe was expanding too fast to start with, and the expansion is getting faster now, how could blackholes have formed in the between time?

As for shape, again, no-one knows. I'm pretty sure it isn't a perfect sphere, nor a torus, though.

• 2 years later...
Do you think future scientists will devise a way of bringing themselves into existence, and is what we see around us the future scientists way for doing this? :cup:

The way I see it is if one imagines what it would be like without the universe, then I expect the enviroment would be VOID (Absolutely nothing).

So there seems to be one of two stable states for the universe:-

1. Void, and remaining Void for eternity.

2. Intelligent, where the intelligence devises a way for bringing itself into existence.

So what I'm suggesting, because we're here, is that we can conclude that State 2 is the stable state for this universe.

Also, along similar lines, I think a universe supporting intelligence (human/alien) is far more likely to exist than a universe which doesn't support intelligence. In fact I'm inclined to suggest that if a universe couldn't support intelligent life it wouldn't exist.....Only a VOID would exist.

:)

My final question is:-

Do you think future scientists will devise a way of transferring the consciousness of every living being that has ever existed, a nanosecond before death, to man-made eternal bodies in a man-made heaven for eternity?

:(

Kizzi

:beer:

Are we destined to never conquer time travel to the past?

Can we not manipulate time like we can electricity?

The above is a serious question! Have we come any closer to understanding how the universe appeared in the three years since this was first posted?

Switchy:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine you have a sealed box - no way of getting into it or out of it. Lets say when it was sealed it was empty. Then either :-

1. That box will remain empty whilst box is sealed, or

2. An intelligence could have devised a way of bringing itself into existence inside the sealed box.

These are the two possibilities for the sealed box.

Now imagine the box is a black box containing everything that ever existed. I'm just proposing that either:-

1. That black box would remain empty for eternity, or

2. 'Something' would appear in the black box if an 'intelligence' devised a way of bringing itself into existence. (The universe may be that 'something', and the 'intelligence' may be humans.)

Switchy:shrug:

Imagine you have a sealed box - no way of getting into it or out of it. Lets say when it was sealed it was empty. Then either :-

1. That box will remain empty whilst box is sealed, or

2. An intelligence could have devised a way of bringing itself into existence inside the sealed box.

These are the two possibilities for the sealed box.

Now imagine the box is a black box containing everything that ever existed. I'm just proposing that either:-

1. That black box would remain empty for eternity, or

2. 'Something' would appear in the black box if an 'intelligence' devised a way of bringing itself into existence. (The universe may be that 'something', and the 'intelligence' may be humans.)

Switchy:shrug:

If something appears in the blackbox, like particles appearing out of nowhere amongst other things, then this could perhaps be evidence that an intelligence has created himself....The black box should be empty and remain empty!

Switchy

My final question is:-

Do you think future scientists will devise a way of transferring the consciousness of every living being that has ever existed, a nanosecond before death, to man-made eternal bodies in a man-made heaven for eternity?

:mad:

Kizzi

:(

Wait! You've been reading science fiction, there is a novel with exactly that as it's basic premise! Damn I can't remember the title, it must be beyond my personal event horizon!

i have the strangest feeling that kizzi is a democrat.

i think what k is trying to say (i'm a poet and didn't know it) is that "matter, which can not be created nor distroied, gained the power to create it's self before it existed"

Wait! You've been reading science fiction, there is a novel with exactly that as it's basic premise! Damn I can't remember the title, it must be beyond my personal event horizon!

The author was... was... :alien_dance: Same guy who wrote the SF classic, "The Lovers". uhhh.... Philip Jose Farmer.

And the book was, "To Your Scattered Bodies Go" -- first volume in the Riverworld series.

It turned out to be aliens who were transferring our minds into perfect bodies that were replicas of ourselves when we were about 25 years old.