Science Forums

I'm Baaack!

Uncle Martin

Hello all, 'tis I,.... Uncle Martin. I've been away for awhile and sure am grateful to finally be able to get online again and resume a dialog with my old friends and I'm sure,.. make some new ones. There are so many changes since I last visited these forums, it will take me awhile to learn what's what, so please be patient. Also, my life is extremely busy, so I may not be able to devote the amount of time to this as I'd like.

I must try to thank those responsible for sending me this wonderful computer as a Christmas gift. My feeble words will never do justice to the overwhelming feeling this act of kindness brought me, but I'll try. To be missed and wanted at a time when that is what I needed most brought tears of joy when I had been shedding the more common type for so long. When I was as low as a man can get, your love and friendship brought me up again, just in time too. I was very close to going over the edge. To have friends that I've never met in person care so much for my wellbeing has lifted my entire outlook and view of humanity as a whole. So,...THANK YOU! Sincerely!!! Please let me know how I can repay your kindness and I will do everything in my power to do so.

I'm looking forward to some educational and sometimes heated debates with all of you. More to come as time allows.

___Welcome back Martin; I have kept some of your seats warm. ;)

___I have enjoyed similar benefit here as you, & reading your profile I see we both have cabinetmaking in our blood. Well, most of mine leaked out with my innumerable injuries, but I still work a little wood. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

UNC!

Send me an e-mail and let me know what the heck happened. Did your Dad ever tell you that I spoke with him? At least I think it was him. And I tried calling when I passed through Alabama earlier this month, but couldn't get a number for you.

Been worried as heck, and am glad that you are back. Well, sort of back. Since you started this at the beginning of June and now it's the end and I'm finally seeing it. You were actually online when I was in Florida!

Geez I hope you check this some day, so you'll know exactly how much you were missed!