Science Forums

Hello from an ex-Mormon Georgist game designing daydreamer

tolworthy

Hello! I'm looking for a forum to call home. I Googled "friendly science forum" and ended up here. It looks good so far. :)

Since this is an introduction forum...

I post as Faraday on some ex-Mormon boards, but I don't want to be defined all my life by what I'm not. (I used to be a very active Mormon - full time missionary, lay minister, large popular website, published a book, etc., etc.).

I now describe myself as a pantheist, but not the spiritual type.

Economically I am Georgist, but I disagree with most Georgists about foundational issues. My Georgist web site is http://www.AnswersAnswers.com

I love the Fantastic Four and Zak McKracken - I run the Zak McKracken archive, the biggest collection of Zak materials on earth.

I spend as much time as I can in making a computer game - nobody makes the game I want to play, so I am doing it myself.

That's about it.

Hope to get to know some of you better!

Welcome to the friendliest place on Earth :D! (I would've used "happiest" but I'm scared it might be copyright infringement:) :).)

Hope to see your posts around soon. And it seems like you'll be joining in our ever popular religious debates or in the Computers and Technology Forum.

Try to not get stuck in any one forum and be sure to enjoy yourself! :D

Wow! That was fast! :) Thanks for the quick replies.

I look forward to trying the different forums. I probably won't spend too much time on the religious ones - been there, done that! I've been looking for a general place to just call home. Then chat about whatever. You have a great selection of topics here, and I like the atmosphere so far, so maybe I'll have a look round...

What kind of game are you making?

Something to include all the stuff I like in games but never see. :hihi:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tolworthy/chris/

I love mind expanding ideas. I love to explore topics, and exotic places. I love the idea of a universe in a box (or a disk). I love really, really deep stuff. But running around solving puzzles, shooting or racing does not interest me. (And I'm rubbish at that kind of game anyway). So it's an adventure game that includes all the stuff I want. The Les Miserables section lets me explore poverty and justice. The War and Peace section lets me explore politics and conflict. The Time Machine section lets me explore evolution and our own past and future. The Inferno section lets me explore religion... and caves. I love caves. :hihi: The fairy tale section lets me just have fun. We can't be serious ALL the time. And finally, the space section lets me cram in all the sci-fi ideas that I like. And I also use the game as a platform for economic and philosophical ideas that I find satisfying. At least, that is the plan.

Gotta go to bed now. See ya in the morning...