Science Forums

Queso

The Beast was not Satan, the Beast was Nero Ceasar, first persecutor of Christians.

I still haven't figured out what Hebrew spelling of this name would give 666, it also depends on how the name would have been pronounced at the time, but that's how the Vatican Bishops interpret the passage in Revelations.

I read some sectarian books and there it was written that 666 was the number of the beast, orbyscli. It was actually even better before the return of the beast to earth signs announced it, one of them was that all the exchanges between humans were made with the humber of the beast: the author than sustained tha the number was hiiden in the "bar code" (the one one which laser recognize when you buy something in the supermarket), there are three longer pair of lines and those should be equivalent to 6.......

___You are all too kind; I bow in your general directions.

___As I recall I commented in the palindrome thread that they have more visual significance than mathematical; there, I said it again.

___I have dematerialised my bibles, but I seem to recall that not all of them used numerals for the reference but rather wrote six six six, or six hundred sixty six out long.

___Writing a palindromic number in a different base makes it no longer a palindrome; this is why I stayed at 1111 so long, as it gave no clue to the base.

___Now I would be deficient in my dutys as resident mathemagician not to say something in favor of the magic, so I shall. If one has a lucky number, or syncronicity with a number, it deserves respect in some small measure regardless of math concerns. The justification is mathematical, ie. Goodels proof that in any well developed system of mathematics there will always be irresolvable propositions. Therefore in my view, one may as well invoke magic in such cases, particularly if it makes you feel better. That's real magic.

___Well, I do run on. Ace is waiting to use his machine so I must defer. Again, you are all too kind. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I have dematerialised my bibles, but I seem to recall that not all of them used numerals for the reference but rather wrote six six six, or six hundred sixty six out long.
It's been a while before I got round to this 'cause I've been busy but here it is, Rev 13:18, in the KJV it's "Six hundred threescore [and] six", some other versions are different:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/versions/1118314161-9391.html#18

The only trace of a different number appears to be 616 in note :eek: of NLT. The Latin "sescenti sexaginta sex" certainly means 666 and the modern Italian translation follows suite, while the original Greek text has chi xi sigma. I don't know why Blue Letter calls the letter 'stigma'. :eek:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/c/1118314249-3121.html#18

Clicking here on the 5516 in Strong's column I found Thayer's Lexicon which supports the Nero Cæsar interpretation and even gives the Hebrew spelling of it: :hyper:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/5/1118318325-4388.html