Science Forums

Long Live Perpetual Motion!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if a magnet powered a machine for a 1000 millenia it would not be a perpetual motion machine. I think several people in this thread should visit Wikipedia's article on this.

I guess my idea/theory is a "perpetual motion machine of the first kind".:note:

Do people not understand that I am proposing to use *Superconductive* magnets in my machine?

It has been estimated that approximately 7 percent of the generated energy is lost in transmission and distribution. Scientists have been working hard to improve the electrical conductivity of the transmission wires in order to reduce the resistance and the loss of energy through heat. Superconductivity is the ability of a material to conduct electricity with little or no losses. Today, scientists and engineers all over the world are trying to make useful transmission wires with superconducting materials.

Could someone please tell me if a devise like the one I describe below would be considered a perpetual motion energy devise or something else?

• requires a certain amount of energy to set a cycle into motion

• produces twice the energy that it uses each cycle

• stores this energy

• runs on the stored energy after first run and produces an energy surplus

• runs 24 hours a day or as needed to meet energy demands

Basically like investing $100 and getting $200 in return each cycle, and doing this repeatedly.

Could someone please tell me if a devise like the one I describe below would be considered a perpetual motion energy devise or something else?

• requires a certain amount of energy to set a cycle into motion

• produces twice the energy that it uses each cycle

• stores this energy

• runs on the stored energy after first run and produces an energy surplus

• runs 24 hours a day or as needed to meet energy demands

Basically like investing $100 and getting $200 in return each cycle, and doing this repeatedly.

Such a dream machine would be a perpetual motion machine. It would also violate the 1st law of thermodynamics that says energy is neither created or destroyed.

it seems possible and maybe even to reduce even more friction use more magnets to levitate the device to that friction would be gone as well and provided that you were to use superconducters which i believe have to be really cold, under ideal conditions like in space in an area with hardly no heat what so ever or at least cold enough for the effect of the superconducters to work, it seems as if it would work

SOMEONE MIGHT BE INTERESTED in the FACT that the USA patent office will NOT

give a patent to ANY PERPETUAL MOTION DEVICE !!!

this is true !!!

Are you sure? HeHe.

http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/McCoinPatent.html

The point is that perpetual motion by definition can never operate. If any device actually outputs energy without man or natural induced input, it only proves the tapping of previously untapped energy sources.

it seems possible and maybe even to reduce even more friction use more magnets to levitate the device to that friction would be gone as well and provided that you were to use superconducters which i believe have to be really cold, under ideal conditions like in space in an area with hardly no heat what so ever or at least cold enough for the effect of the superconducters to work, it seems as if it would work

Yes I put this information in prior posts, I believe for superconductivity to be attained the magnets must be around -244 degrees celsius.

...under ideal conditions like in space....

In space you only need Newton's Law of Inertia, i.e. a body at rest tends to remain at rest and a body in motion tends to remain in motion unless acted on by an outside force. Just take a mass and spin it and it will spin forever unless affected by some other force. It will not produce any energy but it will not convert any either.

Yes I put this information in prior posts, I believe for superconductivity to be attained the magnets must be around -244 degrees celsius.
There are materials that are superconductive at temperatures above that of liquid nitrogen.