Science Forums

The chemical balance of spirituality

Queso

as some of you know from previous posts..i do not believe in god.

nor do i any supernatural powers/entities of any kind.

when all things are in perfect condition, i can feel energy from people, from things....

like music, some music can just fill me with udder completion.

sometimes when music is flowing through my fingers i feel greater than i ever have in my entire life.

this "energy" i speak of is nothing more than just chemicals balancing in different ways in my brain, huh? ;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

I know what you mean, at least I think so, you are a musician right? When I play music (guitar, keyboards, drums), I feel great, especialy when I do it in a band, I think its addrenilin, however you spell it. By the way, I put the cocktail stuff around my post cause I may have had too many toniht so dont' take anything I say too seriously.

;)

when all things are in perfect condition, i can feel energy from people, from things....

like music, some music can just fill me with udder completion....

Emphasis added. I sincerely hope you meant "utter".:eek:

sometimes when music is flowing through my fingers i feel greater than i ever have in my entire life.

this "energy" i speak of is nothing more than just chemicals balancing in different ways in my brain, huh? :eek:

...And you do recognize that any way read this, it is a faith statement?

this "energy" i speak of is nothing more than just chemicals balancing in different ways in my brain, huh? :eek:

This is being alive. This is the recognition of self and life. This is the recognition of the potential of individuals. This is the power of not pawning our abilities and traits off on some other existence. This is the acknowledgement of our selves, independent of anything other than that.

This is being alive. This is the recognition of self and life. This is the recognition of the potential of individuals. This is the power of not pawning our abilities and traits off on some other existence. This is the acknowledgement of our selves, independent of anything other than that.

thanks fish, that makes a great deal of sense to me.

ok, i am open to everything.

infact, i've heard nothing but rocky relating with me.

I can relate- both playing in bands and painting, as well as singing and sometimes, just relaxing. I'm (obviously) more inclined to a theistic explanation, however, chemical "satisfaction" is entirely possible as well. One thing for you to think about is those things may not be mutually exclusive, or even complementary.

...I'm (obviously) more inclined to a theistic explanation, however, chemical "satisfaction" is entirely possible as well. One thing for you to think about is those things may not be mutually exclusive, or even complementary.
I think feelings like this (joy?) are complicated. But, like bumab, I think they are further evidence of non-deterministic interactions with the world around us. We can choose to spend times in environments that give us these feelings, and develop ourselves to understand and experience the feelings further. I think this is one of the ways that our Creator grabs us.

I think this is one of the way that our Creator grabs us.
Don't they go to jail for that... B)
They should, but so far the police have not been able to capture any aliens for these illegal acts of kidnapping. :eek:

I agree its non-deterministic, but I also think its really a by-product of this incredible software in our brains called intelligence... That's a metaphysical opinion on my part until there's more evidence of course!

Cheers,

Buffy

...I agree its non-deterministic, but I also think its really a by-product of this incredible software in our brains called intelligence... That's a metaphysical opinion on my part until there's more evidence of course!
I thought I would underline that we are almost agreeing here.

It is sort of rare.