Science Forums

New discovery

peacegirl

...So you go to disreputablebooksellers.com and they offer the book for sale without any indication of delay. You pay for the book and after they receive payment they send you an email to say that it will probably be a month or so before they have the book in stock...
FYI, this would be fraud. All of the major credit card companies pursue fraud claims if a product is billed before it is shipped. You might notice that vendors (like Amazon) are out of stock frequently. You credit card is not billed until ship date. This is part of the agreement that a vendor signs when they accept the credit card service.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, this would be fraud. All of the major credit card companies pursue fraud claims if a product is billed before it is shipped. You might notice that vendors (like Amazon) are out of stock frequently. You credit card is not billed until ship date. This is part of the agreement that a vendor signs when they accept the credit card service.

Peacegirl doesn't accept credit cards only check or

money order.

Fate does not apply here. Again, you are using terms to try to prove me wrong, but it won't work. You didn't have free will when you decided to read this, but that doesn't mean you are forced to continue. You are free to change your mind but that does not make your will free Nielklot. Predermination has nothing whatsoever to do with this work. I am beginnning to think you read somebody else's posts, not mine. You couldn't have and still say what you are saying. Obviously, you might have read the posts, but you were not paying close attention. Give it another try with the PDF file. You have nothing to lose but your sanity. hahaha, just kidding. :)

Relax PG, just an injection of cynical humor - Even I don't believe what I write. If I meant it as a true philosophical argument I certainly would have veiled the lies better and addressed it to you, not Biochemist (again "lies" = poor attempt at a humorous but popular perspective of philosophy in general - disclaimer: not to be taken as an opinion of this site but rather of the fool Neilklot).

...You didn't have free will when you decided to read this, but that doesn't mean you are forced to continue. You are free to change your mind but that does not make your will free.... Predermination has nothing whatsoever to do with this work....
PG- As a case in point, I cannot make this post make any sense in English. You apparently have your own definition of at least two of the following:

1) free will

2) choice

3) Predetermination

It is a mystery to me why you choose to redefine normal usage of words.

PG- As a case in point, I cannot make this post make any sense in English. You apparently have your own definition of at least two of the following:

1) free will

2) choice

3) Predetermination

It is a mystery to me why you choose to redefine normal usage of words.

I think it goes hand in hand with her compulsion to try and redefine human nature Bio.

Hey- This is a revenue opportunity for Tormod! New authors could be thrown to the wolves on this site for a fee! We could add an alias to the site: www.junkpublicationstoppers.com! (suggested link only)!

There are a lot of ways to make money, as long as it is legitimate. You might have been joking but actually this is no different than any kind of watchdog program out there. You could make it non-profit and still bring in some bucks. At least I am safe from being thrown to the wolves. Gosh, I feel like an American Idol. Bo, Carey, you are SAFE today! :)

I think it goes hand in hand with her compulsion to try and redefine human nature Bio.

Infamous, because the old definition of determinism is not accurate. As I said before, definitions mean nothing unless they reflect something in the real world. Otherwise, it's just a play on words or faulty logic.

In either case, I have an obligation to bring knowledge that has been hidden, to the public's attention. Sometimes we have to think outside of the box for new knowledge to be allowed in. So please don't use an old definition as a standard to judge the accuracy of the new definition of determinism. After all, anything new requires thought that is contrary to conventional thinking.

Peacegirl doesn't accept credit cards only check or

money order.

Jerry, I stated that I was getting Pay Pal and probably Click Bank also. Didn't you read my post that followed? That makes me think you hope I am a fraud because then you can pat yourself on the back and tell everyone, "I told you so."

Relax PG, just an injection of cynical humor - Even I don't believe what I write. If I meant it as a true philosophical argument I certainly would have veiled the lies better and addressed it to you, not Biochemist (again "lies" = poor attempt at a humorous but popular perspective of philosophy in general - disclaimer: not to be taken as an opinion of this site but rather of the fool Neilklot).

Sometimes I take things too personally and can't always see the immediate humor. I guess that is my defense mechanism after years of people jumping to conclusions. I like good humor so keep it up. You are not a fool. You might actually help diffuse some of the tension in here.

Infamous, because the old definition of determinism is not accurate. As I said before, definitions mean nothing unless they reflect something in the real world. Otherwise, it's just a play on words or faulty logic.

In either case, I have an obligation to bring knowledge that has been hidden, to the public's attention. Sometimes we have to think outside of the box for new knowledge to be allowed in. So please don't use an old definition as a standard to judge the accuracy of the new definition of determinism. After all, anything new requires thought that is contrary to conventional thinking.

Peacegirl, I wasn't insinuating that there was anything wrong with attempting to redefine human nature, just that I believe it maybe a fruitless adventure.

Peacegirl, I wasn't insinuating that there was anything wrong with attempting to redefine human nature, just that I believe it maybe a fruitless adventure.

Infamous I am not trying to redefine human nature, I am not that omnipotent; I am just redefining the meaning of determinism. It would be fruitless if I was trying to change the way human's function, but that's not what I am doing. I am only uncovering something that has always been here, and now that we are learning to 'know ourselves' (according to Socrates this is a noble thing to do :)) in a way we didn't before, we can use this knowledge for our betterment. Isn't that what genuine discoveries do? Make life better for all of us?

Clay, is there a way to delete this thread? I would like to erase this because it is misrepresentative in the way I posted and not conducive to the knowledge I am sharing. I am sure it's only a click of a button. Most forums have a delete button but I don't see one here. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Clay, is there a way to delete this thread? I would like to erase this because it is misrepresentative in the way I posted and not conducive to the knowledge I am sharing. I am sure it's only a click of a button. Most forums have a delete button but I don't see one here. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

orbsycli, you are one of two people who received the first three chapters, so i am asking you to ask Clay to delete this thread. Will you do that for me? I hope so. :)

orbsycli, you are one of two people who received the first three chapters, so i am asking you to ask Clay to delete this thread. Will you do that for me? I hope so. :)

Just curious, are you asking to delete the whole thread or do you want to delete one of the posts?

I can close the thread if you'd like to end the discussion.

P.S.

You can always use "Private Messaging" to reach anyone directly without asking someone to ask someone to do something. Click on my name to the left to see an option to PM me directly for example.