Science Forums

Greetings

Colonel_C

awesome, welcome colonel c!

there are a few religious famatics here, you gotta watch out. but hey, i guess you could call me an atheist too, though i prefer to just say i don't have a religion.

welcome again to hypography!

Don't worry, I won't flame them. I don't usually flame without a good purpose.

i may be wrong, but i am under the impression that agnostic means you don't know what you are, religion-wise. i know exactly what i am religion-wise and i'm not agnostic. most would refer to me as an atheist, but i just prefer to say i don't have a religion. (whoaaaaaaaaa deja vuuuu)

yeah man i'm not "Agnostic" at all.

the thought of a god and billions of worshippers sickens me. just my opinion.

i hope you know you don't have to BE anything...dont have to BE a christian, or BE an atheist.

someday we won't even have to be human, we can be cyborgs. :friday:

and that is the essence of our life as shakespeare so vividly pointed out.

TO BE. death, is to not be. it's as sad and simple as that. as long as we are alive, we shall be. be whatever we please.

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF YOUR LAW!

hmm... thats a little dark. Maybe you should read Be Intolerable by Ryan Dobson... You might receive some enlightenment!

*raises hands like a religious priest and starts mumbling some mumbo jumbo about the blessings of the lord and all that jazz*

;) ...

maybe not lol... i dont know what i am right now... im defenitely not aetheist, but i prefer to see aetheism as a part of people who believe in moral relativism. Again please read

Be Intolerabe to gain some insight as to the true beliefs of a Christian and not the mixed up beliefs ive seen posted here in Hypography. ;)

toodles! Monkey!

Agnostic means that you aren't sure whether or not God exists and doubt it because there is no proof (scientific proof), but you don't doubt the possibility of there being a God.

I've heard it defined as someone that doesn't believe that there is absolute proof either way on the existance of God. I sometimes claim to be agnostic myself to avoid any burden of proving that God doesn't exist since I really think it's the believers burden that he/she does.

I've heard it defined as someone that doesn't believe that there is absolute proof either way on the existance of God. I sometimes claim to be agnostic myself to avoid any burden of proving that God doesn't exist since I really think it's the believers burden that he/she does.

Yea... I actually like it stated that way, I'd say that is what I am. Although I'd consider myself to be a work in progress. ;)

Welcome, Col C! ;)