Do You Conduct Your Own Scientific Experiments  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Conduct Your Own Scientific Experiments

• I never have
    • I have at least once
    • I do on occasion
    • I do so regularly
    • My response isn't listed & I'm posting an explanation

Falling 25 feet onto my head is not the best way to remove mental spam. I continue to question everything people tell me and don't accept the limits of others. But I do hope to learn from others mistakes and not make them myself. Many advances are made by persons willing to risk the impossible. I think there is a delicate balance between foolish risks and wise choices. If I'm convinced something is impossible I'm not going to try it.

The Curies both died from radiation exposure but gave us the foundation of our knowledge of the properties of these elements. Chose your battles, if you aren't willing to die for what you believe you most likely aren't willing to live for them either. Make sure what you believe is true and not just someone else's dogma. If you aren't passionate, check your pulse!

If the Curie's had not done it someone else would. I am ashamed of our use of non willing test subjects for experiments which was only vilified when Mengler did it but accepted by our government as ok. Nothing is completely safe, you can choke to death eating a pizza, people have survived long ocean voyages in tiny leaky boats while the unsinkable Titanic did not complete one. The amount of danger we face in the search of truth is worth the risk when compared with living under the tyrany of delusion or someone else's truth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i don't like ''scientific experiments'' i prefer trial and error.

i do it all the time, every day, many times a day.

Like it or not, scientific experiment is what you do every day. Trial & error. Your experiment here in only making attacks & side-wise derogatory comments is fast coming to an end. :)

i don't like ''scientific experiments'' i prefer trial and error.

i do it all the time, every day, many times a day.

trial and error is part of scientific experimenting. I know that you hate scientists, but trust me, you don't have to perform any type of devil worship in order to call it a scientific experiment.

Like it or not, scientific experiment is what you do every day. Trial & error. Your experiment here in only making attacks & side-wise derogatory comments is fast coming to an end. :)

i just think trial & error sounds better, that's all. some say tire, i say tar, some say fire, i say far.

country or hillbilly slang

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for on occasion.

The earliest "experiment" I remember carry out was on an egg. After watching a documentary film on the television, I was wondering how long it would take for a baby chicken to hatch. So while my parents were not at home later that day I dragged a chair to a refrigerator, climbed on the chair, and grabbed an egg from the fridge. I wrapped it in a woollen cloth and placed it in a drawer along with an oil lamp to keep it warm. Nothing happened the next few weeks…This sounds stupid. Well, I was just a little kid then. And now I just can't stop laughing thinking back about it. :)

...grabbed an egg from the fridge. I wrapped it in a woollen cloth and placed it in a drawer along with an oil lamp to keep it warm. Nothing happened the next few weeks…
That's so cute! How old were you?

One memory I have was of trying to measure how hot the flame was on my Bunsen Burner. Sadly, the thermometer I used was, shall we say, not quite up to the job, and exploded! I recall worrying about the Mercury, but thinking about it, it was red, so it was probably alcohol... Doesn't help that I was doing it in my bedroom... I jerry rigged the Bunsen to some gas bottle or something, I don't even recall. I must have been about 8!