Science Forums

Petals around the rose.

C1ay

Have you got the answer C1ay?

Yep. It took me a day or so though. Like the professor, I was looking for a solution that was more complicated that it needed to be. It probably didn't help that someone in the forum I found this in hinted that square roots would help to solve it. For those that haven't solved it yet, YOU WILL NOT NEED SQUARE ROOTS :)

It took me about 15 minutes to figure it out. I read some of the comments that people made after I solved it and I wasn't surprised to find that many people who got the answer quickly were offended by the professor's comment about smarter people taking longer to figure it out. People take things too personally, lol. Just because it took me 15 minutes to figure it out doesn't make me think that I'm not smart just because some professor said so.

... I wasn't surprised to find that many people who got the answer quickly were offended by the professor's comment about smarter people taking longer to figure it out. People take things too personally, lol.
Ha ha! I think the perfessor was a little off: its the people who *think* they are smart who have trouble with it. People who get offended easily actually have the social skills and empathy that allows them to think about problems by not approaching them logically (which is what gets you into trouble with this problem)....

Cheers,

Buffy

Ha ha! I think the perfessor was a little off: its the people who *think* they are smart who have trouble with it. People who get offended easily actually have the social skills and empathy that allows them to think about problems by not approaching them logically (which is what gets you into trouble with this problem)....

Cheers,

Buffy

lol, nice.

Cheers,

Buffy

It was really the suggestion that it was complicated that threw me, then I saw on this version that it was the name of the puzzle that was important and the solution hit me.

• 4 weeks later...