Science Forums

Im new here

Cuauhtzin

Hello to everyone!

First Im here to practice my english, i havent in 4 or 5 years and isn´t my language.

Secondly, i like forums and now new people, and i dont know a lot of english speaking people, so... im here:)

So im going to make my best in the language, be patient.

Im from chihuahua, Mexico, im 19 years old and i study Social/cultural antropology in The National School of Antropolgy and History - Chihuahua´s unit (ENAH-CH). It would be nice if you can tell me where are you for, and a little about yourself:hyper:!

oook, i already read the recomendations for introductions.

So im gonna tell you a little about my username Cuauhtzin.

Come from the Nahuatl Cuauhtli means eagle (specificly the royal eagle or mexican eagle) and the particle "tzin" meaning the equivalent of the medieval lord or knight english title.

I hace it because, well im not really sure, y have 15 years more less when i beguin to use it and is a dark age xD, but is part of my identity and i don´t have to use difefferent usernames in other forums.

welcome! erhm...bienvenido, i mean. :D somewhere here i have some posts on a geologic feature i spotted in Chihuahua that i suspect(ed) is a very large space rock impact site. speaking of language difficulties, even though i know the word Chihuahua from the dog, when reading it on the map i said " chi hoo-a hoo-a"; it's still a joke in my house. :hyper:

anyway, a las carreras! (google word-monkey translated that from "on to the races" ) :turtle:

gracias!

In deed, what are you talking about is of the "Zona del silencio" its supossed to be almost a an unique region, there is only a similar place in China, as i know. The place has endemic animals and plants, a magnetic field that interfier with radios and electronic things and the ovnis phenomenom (buu!).

Its so strange place, that the leyend tell (:turtle:) that the Americans try to put a militare base there or something (you are going to excuse me, but all the mystery things, conspirancys and that involucre americans XD)

Welcome cuauhtzin, yeah i think most people here don't speak very good english, then again most people here are american, so we are all here practicing english, though honestly it's not going very well...

yeah you gotta watch out for them military bases, i was walking once and accidentally stepped on one... so they started declaring this and that against me, imposing trading sanctions, carpet bombing, attempting assasinations and then blaming it on al quaeda, trying to convert me to democracy, forcing elections and then imposing even stricted sanctions, because they didnt agree with the people's choice; took me a long time to convince them that i just didn't believe in Oba... i mean , Jesus...

Welcome to scienceforums, the only place you know where you can get a daily dose of sarcasm, on an hourly-basis... :turtle:

thanks i love sarcasm...

Im gonna tell you a funny story of the first time i go to the U.S. (well.. i dont know if El paso its really U.S. , is more like a "pass").

I have my visa for lot time ago, and i went in bus (terrible way to pass to the u.s.) with a friend of mine. I think all time that they were going to stop me for a while and askme questions and things like that, but they let me pass easily, but to my freind that has been there alot of time stop them because a problem of the system.... We lost the bus U_U and the taxi was to expensive...

The most funny think is that there were more "mexicans" in el paso than in Juarez... haha

gracias!

In deed, what are you talking about is of the "Zona del silencio" its supossed to be almost a an unique region, there is only a similar place in China, as i know. The place has endemic animals and plants, a magnetic field that interfier with radios and electronic things and the ovnis phenomenom (buu!).

Its so strange place, that the leyend tell (:)) that the Americans try to put a militare base there or something (you are going to excuse me, but all the mystery things, conspirancys and that involucre americans XD)

mmmm...interesting that you know a place i only mentioned was in an entire state!? specially since i didn't have much luck finding geology info on it which is required to say if it's an impact crater or not. just in case "my spot" isn't "your spot" (and thanks for your help! :)), here is the op to my thread on it & the link to it. muchas gracias amigo! tortuga jorge :)

I may have found an impact site in Mexico! Go to

28º 18' 51.14" N

107º 55' 01.07" W

I have read that a number of new impact sites were found by using Google Earth, which is what I used. Have a look and see what you think. It is in any case, an unusual geologic formation.

The closest note on the map is a place called Cerro la Cuevita; is that 'hill with a cave"?

>> http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/11540-space-rock-impact-site-s.html

Saludos,

Ok my mistake i assume you were tlaking about a known place xD, and the more knew place is la zona del silencio.

Were you are pointing is very close to tomochic (A rebelion was there in the past century, one that finish with a lot of blood).

But check "la zona del silencio" in the web, you are gonna like it anyway.

And cerro la cuevita is more like mountain/hill with the name of "little cave". It maybe have caves, maybe not.. xD

Mmm.. talking about rocks and craters and geological formations... I have fotographs of some "giants foot prints" fosilised or something like that. My fahter took them several years ago in the sierra in a river with fossils and thinks like that. He said to me that they were human foot prints (some of normal size, others that in proportion would have to be 3, 3.5 meters tall). There were some paintings in a cave....

1 meter : 3.24ft