Science Forums

Slow Food...Tell me your favorite non-chain restaurant...

IrishEyes

well, I haven't had a hotdog in about 20 years.... but if you made it, I'd eat it! ;) Welcome to Irish's Diner! Rice Krispy treats.... *drool*

Hehe, thanks to Irish I am going to stop at the store and buy a bunch of koolaid later... grape and ... green, whatever flavor that is... are my favorites ;)

you could like, be my makeshift mom.

or a friend, either way.

i thought i already was... :)

Seriously, you make it up to the DC area, and I'll cook you the best mac-n-cheese you've ever had.

"Irish's Family Pub" for families, and those just looking for some fun!

Open daily for breakfast and midnight snakcs and everything in between!

___Today my favorite non-chain restaurant is my place. I am just setting down to a bright breakfast of a hastily opened bag of crunchy cheesy poofs & a frosty dark first time bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale from my friends at Stone Brewing Co. in San Marcos California. This seriously arrogant brew is scary labled dark dangerous beer & now that I've had a few sips I don't think others should try it cause I will be needing it all.

___As the label says, "Your'e not worthy". Hey, they mean me! I will assert my worthitude by slowly drinking this 24 fluid ounce bottle of elixar alchohol content 7.2% over an extended period of time. Sssssslllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww. :)

Hehe Turtle... I have had some of that... er, I haven't drank any, myself, as I'm not much for alcohol; I guess I should say I bought some for my dad awhile back, and now every now and then when I head to his house I see some empty Arrogant Bastard bottles hanging around... so he must have liked it ;) I hear there's another kind, too... something else Bastard Ale... can't remember what it was. Anyway, seems like nobody has ever heard of it, so it's cool to hear somebody else say they like it :)

____Thanks Niviene! I have anxiously awaited the next opportunity to cast some well deserved reputation your way. I do like your posts!

___I just swallowed the last drop of the first bottle of 2 bottles I bought (thanks to a benefactor who took pity on my sorry *ss condition of late)

___So...that means an elapsed time of 1 hour & 10 minutes; is that slow enough to qualify for this thread?

___I did see 2 other varities; a pale ale & one I don;t remember either. To make it clear, I bought this strickly based on the devil character label & name. I love the stuff! So many micro brews, so little time!

___Next!

i learned a lot from mike tomlinson.

the person who took me from childhood and tossed me into the world.

my street mentor.

a madman.

we ate chips and salsa right there in the isle at albertsons.

for like 10 minutes, too.

and in that situation, that's pretty long.

for the record this was many years ago.

but every now and then i'm broke and thirsty and have no respect for society and i will walk into a supermarket

grab a donut

eat it while walking towards the soda

which i will chug

and toss behind the razors.

a lot of people see this as wrong.

"Stealing" even.

but i'm living in my own fantasy world where my imagination rules.

i see it simply as balance.

it has to happen, someone has to do it somewhere sometime

why not here, and why not now?

oh i could take over the world...

___It is no objectional claim that cooking is one of the oldest sciences; after all, the recipe is the archetypal algorithm.

___Recipe:

__________3 small left-over barbecued pork chops

__________3 tablespoons oil

__________3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables

__________1/4 cup apple juice

__________1/4 teaspoon course ground dried hot peppers

__________1/4 teaspoon course ground balck pepper

__________pinch of salt

___In a skillet heat the oil to medium high. Add meat, veggies,& spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring or flipping ingredients actively. Add the apple juice & continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone. Remove from heat & serve. Makes 4 servings.

___Notes: If you don't eat dead animals, substitute dead plants or their embyos. Use oil of choice, but don't waste extra virgin olive oil in cooking as the heat largely eliminates all its subtleties(sp). The frozen mixed veggies I used included corn, green beans, & carrots; use what ya got. Use more of the hot peppers if you like, but not less. Substitute chopped dried fruit & water for the juice if you like. Enjoy!

Hehe Turtle... I have had some of that... er, I haven't drank any, myself, as I'm not much for alcohol; I guess I should say I bought some for my dad awhile back, and now every now and then when I head to his house I see some empty Arrogant Bastard bottles hanging around... so he must have liked it ;) I hear there's another kind, too... something else Bastard Ale... can't remember what it was. Anyway, seems like nobody has ever heard of it, so it's cool to hear somebody else say they like it :)

They make lots of different kinds. The strongest is Double Bastard, it's around 10.5% percent if I remember right. They are definitily a quality brewery. My favorite of theirs is the Ruination Ale- it's an Imperial IPA, REALLY hoppy and bitter, at about 8.6%. Quality stuff, that.