Science Forums

Advertisement question

Tormod

What kind of advertising can you accept?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of advertising can you accept?

• 1 popup plus GoogleAds (text ads)
    • Image ads on the top of the page
    • Ads for services I might need (books, search engines)
    • Affiliate program where Hypography gets paid for people who sign up
    • Sponsorship deals where sponsors can place text ads on the different forum headings
    • I would pay for an option to not receive any kind of ads

:eek: Does anyone else see this. I'm intentionally being antagonized here
<crowd>Aaaawwwwww....</crowd>

So she's a babe. She's prolly too old for you, although, honest older women are better! :rant:

And besides, the phone calls to Oslo are more than what your parents will foot even if they are rich...

Stick to the cheerleaders for now...

I'm sure that there's something in her contract too that sez if Tormod mentions her name that he has to pay more. She's prolly some hot Norwegian starlet who's dating his brother-in-law (just speculating... I don't know anything!)....

Cheers,

Buffy

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
You're currently paying $100 p/m to keep the site up. What's the cost gonna be when you migrate to a dedicated server?

We tried that this spring. The costs doubled, or even tripled, and the maintenance increased tenfold. So we gave up and went back to two separate shared sites, one for http://www.hypography.com and one for http://hypography.com/forums - since they use different scripting languages.

Eventually I hope to merge both sites into one large unit but there is too much other stuff to take care of first.

you still get the mousetrap ad, though I barely notice it... I don't know if that's good or bad though.

It will be gone after our next forum upgrade when we will have more flexibility!

We're running a test from now until the end of the year: No more popups at our forums, and we're concentrating on GoogleAds and dropping our other network for a while. The popups are a nuisance to everyone, and after reviewing the actual income I think they may scare more people away than they help make money for our site.

We're looking into more ways to make the sponsorships attractive so expect some new features after we complete our upgrade - it might still be a few weeks from now, however.

i think the way to earn more $ the site is just enlarging the capibilities of sponsers to make more people want to become sponsers...and hold back on the abilities you give to non-sponsers. if they really like hypography that much theyd help it out. :naughty: