Science Forums

Advertisement question

Tormod

What kind of advertising can you accept?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of advertising can you accept?

• 1 popup plus GoogleAds (text ads)
    • Image ads on the top of the page
    • Ads for services I might need (books, search engines)
    • Affiliate program where Hypography gets paid for people who sign up
    • Sponsorship deals where sponsors can place text ads on the different forum headings
    • I would pay for an option to not receive any kind of ads

@Dark Mind: The problem with the ads from Google and other networks is that they are only slightly related to our content. When we grow bigger we might haul in some "real" sponsors. (The page nav thing we are discussing in the mods section).

@niviene: Thank you for your kind words. Yes, ideally ads would not be a necessity.

I've noticed it's remarkably easy to right-click on every ad in the page and select "open in new tab". The tab with the ad site on it opens behind Hypography, so my Hypo-experience is not disturbed; as I jump from forum to forum, it's only two clicks on the little 'close tab' button and I've done my best for the revenue effort -- without having to actually see any of the ads themselves. This all, of course, is meaningless if you are using Internet Explorer, but we've had that rant before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ads! Ack! GET THEM OFF!!! :hihi:

I agree. The question is how will we pay for everything? Just keeping this site up and running costs $100 a month. The factor in the software and hardware needed to build the site, and money spent on prizes and t-shirts etc. Ads are what pays for our site...and the kind of ads we display also makes us independent from sponsors who might be concerned about what we discuss.

Ads are what pays for our site...and the kind of ads we display also makes us independent from sponsors who might be concerned about what we discuss.
I agree 100% with this assessment Tormod, it's a small price to pay when you consider the value this forum brings to it's membership. What would life be without Hypography??, I hate to even think about it. Let's not change a thing Tormod, let's keep Hypography alive and healthy.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an advertisement question of my own: Who's the pretty lady in the ad, in the games section sporting that sexy Hypography Beanie :eek: ?

Also, who's that striking young lad in the science shop ad :eek: ?

I'm assuming Tormod used members of his family for these wonderful shots, but I was still just curious :rant:.

Someone's gotta answer me sooner or later :eek:.