Science Forums

Introduction

pihunter

Hello,

I am Chuck, I was web surfing and came across this site. I enjoy physics althought I have no formal education in that field. It is amazing to see how far the internet has come. Over ten years ago I was working on an imploding universe theory. When I checked the Internet for others looking into the subject there was no source available anywhere. Now, everywhere you turn there are new ideas. The internet has litteraly become a universe in its own right.

Oh by the way, I am a Private Investigator by trade and nature.

Oh by the way, I am a Private Investigator by trade and nature.

Good thing I keep my mask on...

Welcome and have fun. There are plenty of folks here that love to exchange ideas in the physics forum (Not really me though....I like the squishy sciences).

so the "pi" is as in Magnum P.I., and not pi, as in 3.14......

Hello Fishteacher,

Yes the P.I. does stand for Private Investigator, but it was also intended to represent 3.14.

A PI is a hunter by nature, weather it be people or science. Both require persistance and patience in order to discover the truth.

Thank you and good morning to you too.

Have fun here!!! This site is great, there is so much information here it's insane. And any person who is a P.I. is going to be inherently inquisitive so you'll fit right in :Alien:. There is also a wide variety of age groups here, I'm 16.

P.S.

You might want to check your spelling before posting, IrishEyes (a site Administrator) kind of has a pet peeve about spelling :Alien:.

P.S.

You might want to check your spelling before posting, IrishEyes (a site moderator) kind of has a pet peeve about spelling :Alien:.

Uhm...I think pi's post was among the rare ones with rather *few* spelling errors, actually. :Alien:

(And Irish is an admin, not a mod).

Speaking os spelling errors.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. :confused:

BTW, welcome pihunter

Many times I have a different window open to dictionary.com just to check the spelling..

P.S. If you use Firefox there is an extension called DictionarySearch you may find helpful. It allows you to highlight a word, right click on it and select "Dictionary search for your_word" and it will open up Dictionary.com in a new tab with your word. It's a great extension.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. :confused:

BTW, welcome pihunter

I've seen that before and it's pretty cool and I've only found two (out of like 50) people who could not read that (^ ^ ^) in under 45 seconds, so I find it to be very true.

You might want to check your spelling before posting, IrishEyes (a site Administrator) kind of has a pet peeve about spelling :).

Eye halve a spelling checker,

It came with my pea sea.

It plainly marks four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong or write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.