Science Forums

Your *amazing* macroscopic plant detail photos.

Ganoderma

Found the same when I got out my "amazing" close-ups taken with my SLR and macro lens a few years ago, and discovered they look pretty ordinary now, compared to the ones I take with my tiny digital Sony Cybershot. (It's probably just that no-one else I knew at the time was taking close-ups then...:turtle:)

Great pics, Ganoderma!

i have to admit, there is a certain satisfaction when i take pics with my old point and shoot nikon, knowing that i dont need to fuss with anything...turn to macro, press big button....im kind of embarrassed that my photos 5 years ago with that camera are better quality than my new slr....but i dont think its an equipment problem lol :rotfl: :turtle:

i went to go lens shopping in town today and found out the lens i was wanting is about $1200....guess i can be happy with what i got now lol....stuff is crazy expensive!

Who is Georgia O'Keefe?

great corn shot!!!! No other halloween plant shots? unfortunately halloween isn't celebrated much at all here...so no pumpkins or cool stuff.

The corn was a pleasant surprise as I thought that I planted too late & would get no harvest. I did get some Jack-O'-Lantern shots but nothing macro of them. Given that I read Americans would spend 4.77 Billion on Halloween I think it's unfortunate that we 'celebrate' it here. :cup:

Anyway, the above photo of yours is the one that reminded me of Georgia O'Keefe. She was an American painter married to the famous photographer Alfred Stieglitz, and she did a lot of flower paintings with erotic overtones. :Exclamati ;) Here's a link: >> Google Image Result for http://humanflowerproject.com/images/uploads/okeefe-canna.jpg

those kinds of sites always have real treasure photos!!!! doesn't hurt that they have fancy cameras and super knowledge on how to use them :doh:

here is some motherwort i have germinating. figured i was taking too many flower shots. here we can see the fine root hairs when starting out. the seed, for scale, is just under 1mm long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

News in Science - The secret sex lives of tropical trees - 23/06/2005

i remember a few years back i got a pm on plants that literally

have sex

i don't know if this is the one

i have to go check back logs

but i remember that only a few select individuals were allowed to even

go on the journey to look at them for fear of abunch of idiots taking too many samples and killin the innocent things

i'll try to get the exact link i had

it had instructions to apply to go study them