Science Forums

Who would you like to see as the next US President?

Turtle

Who would you like to see as the next US President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next US President?

• Gene Amondson
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Duncan Hunter
    • John McCain
    • Brian Moore
    • Ralph Nader
    • Barack Obama
    • Diane Beall Templin
    • Other

The more I listen to Obama the more I am going to vote for Clinton he sounds like a sob he try and talk over 95% of the people and that I do not like that in a President he has to be able to talk to all the people.

Of course, whoever you choose to vote for is your prerogative. But I don't believe he is trying to talk over anyone. I think his speeches are very indicative of the way he communicates. Would you prefer he talk down to people? We've just spent the last seven years with our beer and BBQ buddy. Considering were talking about the next "leader of the free world," I'm ready for a critical thinking intellectual. I have plenty of friends to go have a beer with. :esmoking:

The way he push his pastor away after all the years he had been going to his church he knows what kind of a person he is he just gave him to the wolfs.

Did you listen to his speech, "A more Perfect Union?" He didn't push Rev. Wright away or give him to the wolves. The wolves were already pouncing based on what Wright had said. Obama acknowledged his appreciation for Wright, but said that he disagreed with his inflamatory comments. Obama is not obligated to agree with everything Wright says, and if you're running for President of the United States, you have to distance yourself from emotionally charged comments that you disagree with from your friends and aquaintences, or else you'll be accused of sharing them. The question from his detractors is whether he is genuine in his rejection of the statements made by Wright. I think he is, even though I don't care whether or not he disagrees with the statements.

I did not like him when he play the race card about when he said all his brother should vote for me because I is black...

Can you provide a quote or a reference or a link or something to substantiate this claim?

I don't believe I've ever heard him say such a thing. It's not like him. I would be very surprised if it were true.

I did not like him when he play the race card about when he said all his brother should vote for me because I is black...

I don't believe I've ever heard him say such a thing. It's not like him. I would be very surprised if it were true.

He said that back when he was a Muslim :esmoking:

This deserves to be reposted:

YouTube - Debunking the false Obama smear for Hillary Clinton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYspjJCjgX8

(Excellent find by the way InfiniteNow)

-modest

And, when you say “two wrongs don’t make a right” as a way to tell black people not to get too upset about racism and slavery, I don’t think you realize how unbelievably bad that looks. I think an apology would go a long way.

-modest

I am not talking about black people who fall victim to racism or slavery. I am talking about a particular episode of O'Reilly in which some interviewees were given opportunity to voice complaints/ideas regarding racism. What you do not know is what exactly was said on that episode. You will just have to see it in order to know precisely what I found hilarious. The term that O'Reilly used repeatedly was "race baiting" that is disguised as "righteous indignation," and his final guest was head of some organization and he was given ample opportunity to cite violations or make some point about racism that might require action by somebody, somewhere. Oddly, this is the clip that I cannot find on the net, so far, although I can find many other clips of that episode in which Billy doesn't appear entirely compassionate or even intelligent.

I am not talking about black people who fall victim to racism or slavery. I am talking about a particular episode of O'Reilly in which some interviewees were given opportunity to voice complaints/ideas regarding racism. What you do not know is what exactly was said on that episode. You will just have to see it in order to know precisely what I found hilarious. The term that O'Reilly used repeatedly was "race baiting" that is disguised as "righteous indignation," and his final guest was head of some organization and he was given ample opportunity to cite violations or make some point about racism that might require action by somebody, somewhere. Oddly, this is the clip that I cannot find on the net, so far, although I can find many other clips of that episode in which Billy doesn't appear entirely compassionate or even intelligent.

Billy doesn't appear entirely compassionate or even intelligent? :magic: When does he? Fox news and the "No Spin Zone" spin about as fast as a donut shaped black hole. Fox news is fun to watch as comedy, If I started agreeing with anything they say I would shoot myself.:)

I vote every time I get the chance, making a choice is difficult these days. Choices just keep getting worse and worse. Why can't we have a candidate that is middle of the road instead of one extreme or the other? Doesn't anyone believe in doing what is best for everyone instead of simply following a left or right course? Hmm... lets see, shoot myself in the head or eat cyanide, choices choices......

YouTube - Obama on Foreign Policy in the Democratic Primary Debate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi5tlGeO8mE

YouTube - Obama and Clinton's take on Healthcare in Primary Debate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiBqMvf0Cow&feature=related

YouTube - Obama Clinton Texas Debate - Plagiarism, Xerox, Silly Season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniuF3-QQZ4

Billy doesn't appear entirely compassionate or even intelligent? :turtle: When does he? Fox news and the "No Spin Zone" spin about as fast as a donut shaped black hole.

I think you meant to say the "Nose Pin Zone" as REASON pointed out. And I won't defend the guy, but I do tune in quite often.

Inow, the guy in those videos looks just like this cat that I saw today on Fox News Sundays with Chris Wallace. :read:

I hope the guy wins the primary. I would rather he be prez over Hill-Rod. I haven't liked her since I was 17 years old (Nov. '92) which was 15 years ago. But besides my prejudice, Obama said a couple things that I liked. One being late-term abortion bans that are only effective when the mother's health is not an issue. And also uni-health care that doesn't force people to pay for it, as with Hill-Rod's.

• 1 month later...

I like this idea.

In the past, politicians have tended to treat rumors by ignoring them. To talk about them would give "substance" and merit to them, also, provide sound bites for hungry news networks to loop over and over and over and over....

It looks like the Obama campaign has realized that, in today's internet based culture with the blogosphere and chat and fora communities, simply ignoring rumors like this just doesn't work.

So, they are taking on the rumors head on. They are countering the common ones already out there, and also requesting that people send in new ones.

I think this idea is brave, and shows a fair degree of integrity. It shouts, "No, I will not hide from your lies, but I will confront them. Bring it, *****!" :(

What do you think?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/

:):):) :gun4: :)

What do you think?

Fight the Smears | Fight the Smears Home

:):):) :( :)

Yes! Absolutely! As usual, I'm right with you on this INow. (In fact, it was my intention to post this link in this thread after I heard about it. You beat me to it. :gun4:)

And I just want to make it clear that this website,

FIGHT The SMEARS

has been specifically set up to correct lies that are being intentionally spread about Barack Obama and his wife Michelle, and to defend their character.

I would applaud John McCain for doing the same thing.

I'm sick of the spread of disinformation throughout our society. It's time for integrity and truth to become the foundation of our discourse. It shoud be what we expect.

• 2 weeks later...
Those who can't reply, negrep. B)

Always so cryptic, aren't you? B)

Look, the way I see it, you have evey right to be skeptical. We should all be skeptical. Our govenment has not earned our trust for a long time. I believe we would be better served as a society to dislodge ourselves from the idea of party loyalty, and join in an expectation that our government will be limited and functional and serve our interests, not just the interests of the privileged few. If our elected govenment officials behave in an unscrupulous mannor, then they should be elected out of office and held to account.

Our power remains in our expectations and our votes.

(P.S. I didn't take you for an Iron Maiden kinda guy. Right On. :shrug:)

Always so cryptic, aren't you? :lol:

No I just got a little too inebriated on a Sunday, plus I like to bump posts. Sorry everybody.

Look, the way I see it, you have evey right to be skeptical. We should all be skeptical. Our govenment has not earned our trust for a long time. I believe we would be better served as a society to dislodge ourselves from the idea of party loyalty, and join in an expectation that our government will be limited and functional and serve our interests, not just the interests of the privileged few. If our elected govenment officials behave in an unscrupulous mannor, then they should be elected out of office and held to account.

Our power remains in our expectations and our votes.

I agree with all that. Lobbyist = bribes. Earmarks = theft. Parties = self-interest. Can't Congress function without the forming of factions anyway? By the way, McCain did swear to veto every bill with earmarks. I was kind of taken aback. I don't know if I believe him, but I was impressed.

(P.S. I didn't take you for an Iron Maiden kinda guy. Right On. :ideamaybenot:)

Word. haha

Anybody who actually actively campaigns for a position of power's motives are suspect.

A president must be nominated and appointed by the people - he must, for all practicial purposes, be dragged kicking and screaming to the post.

Why would you actually want a position of power? Are you really serious about making a difference, or is there any truth about the corrupting nature of "power"?

Any presidential candidate, in my honest-to-dog opinoin, is suspect.

Everyone wants power. Its what they want to do with that power that makes them dangerous. The president on a bad day, could probably kill everyone on the earth. So when you have power over the earth, what would you do? Natural reaction would be to make it better, right?

Everyone wants power. Its what they want to do with that power that makes them dangerous. The president on a bad day, could probably kill everyone on the earth. So when you have power over the earth, what would you do? Natural reaction would be to make it better, right?

Better question is, 'when others also have that same [lethal] power over the earth, what would you do?'

• 1 month later...
Where on Earth is RON PAUL?

:agree:

Yes, that is a glaring omission from the poll. It appears he was relegated to the "Other" category.

Not very fitting considering the ground-swell of support he has received around the country.

I liked a lot of what he had to say and I found him very courageous for speaking his mind in the primaries even though his views were in many ways contrary to all of the other Republican candidates. He really is more of a Libertarian though so I guess that would follow.