Science Forums

How soon will a moneyless society change the way we percieve each other?

Peacemaker

Thank you all for your very practical feedback. I apologise if I appeared tetchy in my replies.

Problem is, I AM very angry at the moment. Every time I watch the daily news I despair at the waste of human life, and of our global resources. I am sick to death of seeing innocents die because of the wrong-headedness of mankind, and our refusal to accept simple logic.

Mankind already knows many of the simple steps we have to take to evolve, we even sing songs about them, but we refuse to accept them as viable alternatives because the have been labelled 'impractical'.

This is because mankind, as a species, doesn't currently possess the imagination to really 'get it', and doesn't dare to dream that in a very short time we can achieve heaven on earth.

Just by being nice to each other. (It's a law)

Just by sharing everything, equally. (That's another one)

Just by changing your mind about the way wonderful things can be achieved (That's not one, but maybe it should be.)

Just by erasing all the national borders on maps and calling ourselves Earthlings, instead of Americans, or Africans, or any of the other labels we currently bear with misguided pride.

That small step would help to end war. Forever.

There is so much more, and so little time. Please, read the document with an open heart and an open mind. Help your species end the vast majority of the bad stuff, now.

...and wouldn't you be angry if you knew what I know? Wouldn't your heart be breaking every time you see what stupidity we come up with next?

I applaud all the good stuff that goes on on this planet, but...

Best regards,

Peacemaker.

Thank you all for your very practical feedback. I apologise if I appeared tetchy in my replies.

Problem is, I AM very angry at the moment. Every time I watch the daily news I despair at the waste of human life, and of our global resources. I am sick to death of seeing innocents die because of the wrong-headedness of mankind, and our refusal to accept simple logic.

Mankind already knows many of the simple steps we have to take to evolve, we even sing songs about them, but we refuse to accept them as viable alternatives because the have been labelled 'impractical'.

This is because mankind, as a species, doesn't currently possess the imagination to really 'get it', and doesn't dare to dream that in a very short time we can achieve heaven on earth.

Just by being nice to each other. (It's a law)

Just by sharing everything, equally. (That's another one)

Just by changing your mind about the way things can be achieved (That's not one, but maybe it should be.)

Just by erasing all the national borders on maps and calling ourselves Earthlings, instead of Americans, or Africans, or any of the other labels we currently bear with misguided pride.

That small step would help to end war. Forever.

There is so much more, and so little time. Please, read the document with an open heart and an open mind. Help your species end the vast majority of the bad stuff, now.

... and wouldn't you be angry if you knew what I know? Wouldn't your heart be breaking every time you see what stupidity we come up with next?

I applaud all the good stuff that goes on on this planet, but...

Best regards,

Peacemaker.

OK.

I've tried pressing the cute little 'manage attachments' button, attached my document to it, so that it is showing up on the pane as a word document, pressed the attach button, but nothing,

Please help?

You've most likely just uploaded the file, but failed to attach it. From within the body of the text editor, click the cute little paperclip again and try selecting your file from the drop-down. :cup:

Hi Infinite,

Be patient, wait and see what I have to offer without any preconcieved notions about what it may, or may not be.

Best regards,

Peacemaker.

My patience is wearing thin mate, and it has nothing to do with the content of your file. It's the fact that, after five pages of posts, you still haven't shared it's contents with us. You're so busy defending it from attack that you haven't even shown us what we could potentially be attacking! :cup:

Can you describe in greater detail specifically the steps you are following while trying to attach, what you see, and where you are stuck?

Peacemaker,

I've done it for you. I copied the huge swath of text you shared above, pasted into a Word file, and attached it myself. Nobody will read it the way you've presented it here.

I also advise that you go the test forum, open a thread, and practice/teach yourself how to successfully attach a file:

http://hypography.com/forums/test-forum.html

Once you've learned how, please come back here and attach your file so the formatting is maintained. The formatting from what I copy/pasted is crap. Thanks.

Will a mod or admin please delete the above and state "See InfiniteNow's post below."

See Peacemakers document at the attachment below:

[ATTACH]1625[/ATTACH]

My thanks to InfiniteNow for his kind actions, but please don't delete this until I can find a way of posting it as an attachment. I have tried doing as he says but when I try to attach the document I get the following message -

Your file of 332.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 244.1 KB for this filetype.

If you can help me, please do. If you have read, and truly understood what I have written, you will realise that your kindness at this stage may help all of us. Think laterally, and please do what you can to get this document into general circulation. Your children, and theirs will thank you for it.

Thank you.

Peacemaker.

Will a mod or admin please delete the above and state "See InfiniteNow's post below."
Exactly what I meant to do, as soon as I managed to scroll all the way down to the Edit button. :hihi:

Thanks IN for getting the attachment done. :hihi:

Here I'll summarize for the rest of the crowd:

Everybody, please stop being jerks to each other and the planet!

Okay, Peacemaker, it's not like I don't agree with you that if you could get everybody to agree on your "Ten Simple Rules for Paradise" life would be good.

But, it's not gonna happen. That's not "pessimism," that's a fact.

You're not going to create a utopia, but that doesn't excuse you from trying.

Here's the thing - most people already know how to live. They know what they ought to do to be good and wise and have everybody live in peace and love and understanding. We figured that out a long time ago.

The problem isn't determining HOW everyone should live - that problem is mostly solved I think. The problems are a) getting everyone to agree on implementation details. If I'm supposed to love my neighbor - who counts as my neighbor? If I'm supposed to not do violence, AND not harm the species, is it okay to do violence in order to save the species? Can I kill Hitler?

And also problem (B) which is really the biggie - and that's getting everybody to actually do it.

Best of luck,

TFS

Your file of 332.0 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 244.1 KB for this filetype.
The limit has been raised, so if you'd like to upload the original document now, you can.

If you can help me, please do. If you have read, and truly understood what I have written, you will realise that your kindness at this stage may help all of us. Think laterally, and please do what you can to get this document into general circulation. Your children, and theirs will thank you for it.

I've read it now though, and all my previous questions still seem valid to me. Would you be so kind as to go back and look at them and try to address them?

Happiness is a function of accepting what is, B)

Buffy