Science Forums

Who am I??

IrishEyes

There is a really great song by Casting Crowns called "Who am I?" Awesome song.

But to the nature of the "Introductions" forum...

I am a happily married mother of six incredible children.

I am a Veteran of the United States Navy.

I am a home educator of my children.

I am an active member of my small, Virginia community.

I am a Hypography Forum Moderator, Administrator, and Communications Officer.

I am a Christian.

That last one is all that matters to some of the people around here. And while it is not the only thing that I am, it is probably one of the main reasons why I stay here. (Well, that and I just *LOVE* Tormod!!)

Here's hoping that others will join in the fun and give BRIEF descriptions of who they are. :)

I am not a soldier or a terrorist, but I will kick your *** if you don't say please

I beleive in peace keeping, not policing; even if it means we don't have as much fun.

I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled(anymore)

I do know Diane, Jessica, Mike, and Joe. Belive me, they really arn't as nice as you think.

I like the idea of global warming, it's too cold up here most of the time.

...and I pronounce it A BOOT not a big shoe.

I AM CANADIAN! :)

Welcome, pmaust! You've come to the right place.

Who am I?

Hm...everyone seems to be in the poetic corner. My brain is fried after too many Christmas dinners (and perhaps too much aqua vitae and whisky)

I was born in Oslo, Norway, in 1970. Went to Rock Island, Illinois, to study music in 1990. Graduated as a Bachelor of Music in 1992. Continued studies in English lit at the University of Oslo. Worked for the student radio station for several years as a reporter and technician. Being a conscientious objector, I actually did civil service at the radio station for 16 months. :) Then the IT revolution hit, and I worked with various web-oriented projects as a journalist, project manager, and eventually business owner. Ended up selling business for nothing as it took over my entire life. Got married to Yvonne in 1999. Two daughters, Jenny (born Xmas eve 2000) and Emily (born 5 July 2003).

Oh, and I started Hypography on May 17, 2000. Been putting in a few hours in this wee project since then.

Real Life work: Head of Internet division (which has 1 employee, myself) at the Norwegian Space Centre since January 1, 2003.

Real Life hobby: Writing and playing music on my computer. I play guitar.

Real Life part-time job: Reviewing popuplar science books for national radio here in Norway about once or twice a month. I read sci-fi and crime as well, totalling about 50-60 books a year.

Ok, that's the short version.

Well, so far I'm the only swiss in this forum and acutually I'm also italian, but italians there are already on the forum, so it is less cool to say... :)

I was born in 1981, I lived in german part of switzerland till the age of ten, then moved to the italian part, then went a year to australia and now I study physics in geneva (which is in the french part of Switzerland, therefore I've got a lot of languages between whcih to confuse :).

My main hobbies are juggling (mainly diabolo) and all the rest wich I judge as funny...

• 5 months later...
Welcome, pmaust! You've come to the right place.

Real Life hobby: Writing and playing music on my computer. I play guitar.

Ok, that's the short version.

Interesting Bio-

I used to live in IL. I am also a musican guitar freak. Into MIDI recording etc etc. We have some stuff in common ;)

Good question, I've been trying to figure that one out for most of my life. Like Irish, I'm also a Christain, born in Missouri moved to Ohio about 20 years ago. Have a lovely wife and I'm lovin my retirement. Will be 63 this Sept. and still in fair health. Hobbies are; Scientific investigation, reading the Bible, and drag racing. My goal in life; to live another 20 years. Wish me good luck.

My goal in life; to live another 20 years. Wish me good luck.

good luck

well me wy self iam a 16 year old aussie from up near cairns (i am saying that becasue if i say where i am really from non of use are going to know it) i enjoy playing sports mainly A.F.L (Australian Football League) i also enjoy a good (quick) game of chess and that's just about all

oh yer i am also a non beliving christian

WOw, then I am a non-beliving christian as well, I even choosed to make the confirmation...reason if maybe one day I have would have a christian girlfriend (which hope never happens as I want to stay with the one I have now) and she wanted to marry in church....