Science Forums

What's the best way, in your opinion, to improve the world?

InfiniteNow

Sorry to throw such a big wrench into the clockworks. :lol:

The unfortunate thing about my plan is that it would come to a Big Brother situation. Not many would like it, but in the end, all but a few would submit.

Not trying to be a dictator. Merely offering a totalitarian solution to the world's problems. ;) No hard feelings.

-MB

The world is people.

Teach the people so they know what is the better option. People are only capable to be what they know. Thus they often do not know what they do when they do alot of things.

I say fix the schools so they teach life and manners, and all sorts of important things that give hope and nobility to people. To be noble is to strive to be better than you used to be.

(too many kids get raised by psychotic selfish parents who end up in divorce and the cycle continues)

The world is people.

Teach the people so they know what is the better option. People are only capable to be what they know. Thus they often do not know what they do when they do alot of things.

I say fix the schools so they teach life and manners, and all sorts of important things that give hope and nobility to people. To be noble is to strive to be better than you used to be.

(too many kids get raised by psychotic selfish parents who end up in divorce and the cycle continues)

This almost made me weep.

The public schools are so ****ed up!

I had to drop out of school because they are just so corrupt.

This makes me think of MagnetMan. His psyche-genetics theory encompasses all of these visions of a better future.

From parenting, to overpopulation.

We really really need to teach the young to utilize both sides of their brain, rather than just one.

Everything in America needs to be revised. With much compassion. With much logic. With much peace. With much love, and understanding.

We really really need to teach the young to utilize both sides of their brain, rather than just one.

Both sides of the brain are always used. They are connected via the corpus collasum. How would one teach this, and further, what makes you think that people are walking around using half of their organs?

This makes me think of MagnetMan. His psyche-genetics theory encompasses all of these visions of a better future.

Everything in America needs to be revised. With much compassion. With much logic. With much peace. With much love, and understanding.

These mean something different to each of us. For example, MagnetMan kept his children illiterate and locked in the house until they were 16, then sent them out and forced them to live with warring tribes. I can show you the posts his kids put on the Hypography boards when we challenged his ideas if you would like... They threatened violence against some of us due to their insolar and confused outlooks on life. I really don't believe that's good, but if you do, that's cool.

Change yourself. But sometimes, this can be a very difficult task indeed. So, may as well change the world, because compared to the previous, the latter can sometimes be easier.

...what makes you think that people are walking around using half of their organs?

Materalists often do that, and religious fundamentalists too.

I said what I said because the path I have chosen in life has opened my eyes over and over and over, about what is a more prosperous and more likely way to improve your life, and if you improve your life, you improve the world, because the world is not a thing, it is a people.

When I see the choices people make and the opinions they have on subjects, I see that they see the world in a completely different way. The way I used to see it myself at a point in my life.

This is not my attempt to claim myself as superior to anyone, it is just that I have learned, choices I make and opinions I have, the person I am is entirely perportional or reflective to my knowledge and experiences, then finally the choice I make, from the options, that the knowledge and experience creates, forms the actions and effects I produce in the world.

Therefore, if we don't change how we view the world, by opening our eyes, and through particular experiences opening our hearts and making it a purpose to become better than before, then we can not improve the world, for ourselves remain the same, or, deteriate. All things take effort to sustain and improve.