Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

Sunday 08 July 2007

Big Ideas

Listen Now - 08072007 | Download Audio - 08072007

Risky Business

Nation states and corporations used to bear the brunt of financial risk in an uncertain world. But the process of market liberalisation over the past two decades has changed all that. One of the hallmarks of the globalised economy is the process by which risk has been the transferred on to the shoulders of ordinary people who now routinely take part of the hit if things come unstuck. According to the International Monetary Fund, the household sector has become the shock absorber of last resort in the financial system. Welcome to the world of individually managed risk. But are we equipped for this role and is it desirable?

Soma FM- Groove Salad: "nicely chilled ambient beats and grooves"

That's probably my favorite of the SOMA bunch. :ohdear:

I'm currently listening to keys being pressed and a rather loud A/C as well as a fellow worker talking on the phone. Don't you just love office work...<sigh>

I guess it's time for lunch now. Outside I go to listen to the mockingbirds. :doh:

SomaFM- Beat Blender: "A Nice Blend of Deep House and Downtempo Chill"

Yeah i agree groove salad is my fav too, freeze. (haha so i just thought of calling you "freezie-e" but stopped myself..:lol:)

im such a stiffler about music. but i must say that its so nice sometimes to just chill out to ambient electronic. (ps. a friend of mine is going to teach me how to spin. by all accounts its not difficult, but i am looking forewards to getting into it....none of that techno stuff- just ambient electronic beats. :hihi:)