Science Forums

Tell us what you want!

Tormod

Just wondering; After the little incident involving ps2h......... alias ChShB........, would it be possible to ban the user address instead of the user name. This would prevent a banned individual from re-registering under another name unless they were to use a different computer altogether. I think this would reduce the amount of repeat attacks by disgruntled individuals. Just a thought??

I'm not very well versed on how computer networks are set up so, if more than one individual is sharing the same address then this wouldn't work.

Just wondering; After the little incident involving ps2h......... alias ChShB........, would it be possible to ban the user address instead of the user name. This would prevent a banned individual from re-registering under another name unless they were to use a different computer altogether. I think this would reduce the amount of repeat attacks by disgruntled individuals. Just a thought??

I'm not very well versed on how computer networks are set up so, if more than one individual is sharing the same address then this wouldn't work.

I believe that somewhere there is a list of the IP's that each user logs in as, but its really useless because most ISP's will offer dynamic IP addresses if you ask which means that it will periodically change your address - also dail-up users change everytime they log on. I cant think of any other way you could make it happen... without spyware or something

Well... Ps2Huang has only used 2 IP's to log on... ChenShuiBian has used one of those two... So he doesn't use dial up or have a dynamic IP. It should be pretty simple to ban just those two IP's, and he doesn't seem like the kind of person who's going to learn their lesson from being banned.

:friday:

• 3 months later...
Guest chendoh

After reading S AN WL Not sure if I should start new thread :shrug:So I won't.

In composing a new thread or reply I'd like to see:

cut, copy, & paste buttons at the message box menu, maybe below the font box

If possible, "your collection" of smile icons, have it added to your profile so that when you do write/type they automatically come up in the smiles box to the left.............>

Have more , but its off to work I go, check back around 4am, Thanks for listening.

In composing a new thread or reply I'd like to see:

cut, copy, & paste buttons at the message box menu, maybe below the font box

There is nothing we can do with the message editor. But have you tried going into your profile to choose the enhanced editor over the standard? It's in your User CP -> Options

http://hypography.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions - at the bottom of the page. See if that works for you.

If possible, "your collection" of smile icons, have it added to your profile so that when you do write/type they automatically come up in the smiles box to the left.............>

This is a good idea but again there is nothing we can do on a per-user basis as of right now. But I'll make a note of it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chendoh

I use signatures to enhance my reply, and I notice when a user changes their signature, it has a global effect.

Can signatures be made to lock to a specific reply?

Thank you.....chendoh

• 9 months later...

I was thinking that we could also have a Legal Forum. The science of law and all that. Might be a sub forum of the Social Science Forum.

There is often enough discussion on the nature of this or that law, either local, regional, provincial, national, or international. To discuss the logical progression, letter and intent of the laws (Dialecticism and Grammarism).

Also, I was thinking it would be beautifully self-referential to have a forum about hypography the forum and Network. To discuss the science of the site, and what we might wish to have better, eventually. It would help to collect the disparate bits, announcements and such into a single super forum. Introductions, tutorials and such. Keep it at the top of the over forum.