6 replies to this topic

#1 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

I have been a proponent of Kurzweil's for awhile, but only recently have I been making some strict statements to myself, but sometimes it changes, just to be honest. I really don't know, but I want to give my idea. It certainly shocks me to some degree. In all reality, I have even emailed the government in relation to this. I did so because the magnitude coming from me on this one is pretty big.

So, they say that by 2045, we will be uploading our minds into computers? Sure, it sounds cool, but I am not exactly buying it anymore, and here is why. Say people start doing this, what does it mean for our everyday experience? It means that we are going to get bothered, woken up, our cellphone homescreen rattled, at 3am by fully animated beings. It doesn't sound all too realistic. Thus, I wonder what is in the minds of these technologists with such grandiose ideas. Is this something we should be spending/wasting our time on? That goes for the whole industry who has been taking us on this extreme ride to just 'potentials' of extreme *** ****. I used to like this stuff, but these days I am a bit iffy if any of this is even going to be like how they say it will be.

I would email around, and ask everyone, what is up?

In my opinion, when people think of uploading our minds, they think that some fanciful comptroller guy is going to be the processor of all 'mind upload private results'. I am not buying that either. If this does at all become a reality, my opinion is that that data has private thought information that most likely will be seen by many others.

Please respond with your ideas.

Edited by Mpossum, 27 July 2020 - 01:53 AM.

#2 Thoth101

Thoth101

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:17 AM

Have you watched Black Mirror? They have had some crazy episodes about your very topic.

#3 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:10 AM

I'll check that out.

#4 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1480 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:34 AM

People only know what different parts of the brain do, it is not clear how it works.

What are you going to upload, memories photos, past responses to scenarios and then try and simulate a persons response. Dream on :) 

#5 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

It is probably a dream on situation. I am 32, and I grew up throughout my twenties, even early twenties, becoming interested in this type of post modern, futurist thinking. Nowadays, it seems more true that maybe these people are just seriously not on the right lane of thinking.

#6 A-wal

A-wal

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:42 AM

This whole idea is a joke. You could upload all the information you like but then how do you say, okay now go!

#7 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:27 AM

I grew up thinking that. I followed TED, and Kurzweil, and Kaku, and all that, and I was in a daze. The more I learned, however, I found that this might all be a joke. But, I definitely am the type to continue searching for answers. Right now, A.I is not something that I take too seriously. Connectomes; I wonder how all that is going to work. I see them trying this, and then having a bunch of raw neural data and not really knowing what to do with it.