Science Forums

Fascism A La Internet

malform11

Religion, or metaphysics has probably the most complicated questions with the most varied set of answers. The most important question: is mankind mortal or does he live on after death?

There are many religious people who are wonderful, Many talented, smart.

Religion can bring comfort to the sick and dying. Even false hope is hope nonetheless.

I can't blame people for their answer, if their answer is different than mine. I would condemn those who don't make a real effort to think out important things.

The point is, people who want to control and have everything their way try to set themselves up as uniquely correct, the only ones that need to have a voice, the intellectual and moral high-ground. It's easy for religious zealots to do that if you don't look a little deeper.

BTW:

I know that our forefathers didn't add "under God" to the national anthem.

The purpose of starting a new paragraph, implies some disconnect with previous, or a new

thought. If I connected those thoughts i would have put them in the same paragraph.

If i had an hour, i could argue against a few other contradictory statements.

That is just deconstruction, in my opinion, [meant to be pathologically argumentative, tearing down some ones' words by convoluting and confusing a topic unnecessarily.]

Edited by malform11

Well, I spent some time in sub-Saharan Africa in places that had never seen a white man before - so I have some idea.  But you're basically right - I don't have a good idea what it's like to be black in the US.  (Or female, or gay, or Protestant.)

You only got an idea for what it means to be different there,  nothing of the systemic racism.

You get a better idea, if you go to some comunity (some as in some of them (or even only exatcly 1, there where I was), no generalization!!) in a native-american reservation, then you can feel racism directed to you just for being a "white man" even while being there building something together....that can give you a much  better idea of what minorities go through.

You only got an idea for what it means to be different there,  nothing of the systemic racism.

Got a pretty good idea of racism in Niger, at least.  In Niamey I was universally feared and hated.  In the smaller towns it would depend on who it was and what they had heard.  In the very small villages - many of whom had never seen a white person before - it was more curiosity, and they kept more of an open mind.