Science Forums

Fascism A La Internet

malform11

I'd only note that we haven't banned you, and we haven't deleted your posts. You've been asked many times to post your proof and you keep coming back to this "scientists are all fascists interested only in maintaining the status quo."

Honestly it gets boring.

But more importantly, the more you get your audience to focus on the "fascism" rather than your "theories" it's easy for "average Joe sheep" to start to think that you don't really have anything to support your theories.

That might not be the case, but that's what the "sheep" will start to think anyway.

Let's just say you might be best served by refocusing your efforts.

Sheep only need a single flock, but people need two: one to belong to and make them feel comfortable, and another to blame all of society’s problems on, :phones:

Buffy

I am supposed to like contradiction, as if you were on a search for the truth.

You are at war, to kill the competition, and it doesn't matter to you who or what is right.

When I present something to other people and someone points out a flaw in my arithmetic, or my logic, I am always grateful, even if I might take some convincing.  But then again, I prefer to engage in discussion rather than argument. 

Contradiction itself, valid or not, results in dismissal of all others and their presentation.

Well, if you say so.....

Even valid contradiction?

Is asking questions, or asking for data, or references or links contradictory?

Out of all the many things that are suppress, The big bang theory is a drop in the bucket, One example....

I and others [see "open letter to science" signed by top theorists, observatories, universities...] have made the point that only Big Bang is supported, included, while anything not supportive of Big Bang is silenced.

So you admit to seeing such letters, but you claim that such letters are "silenced?"  You are contradicting yourself.

Halton Arpe was an astrophysicist who's voice was silenced, his funding and his telescope time was taken, he was destroyed publically, and history will not record his achievement.

Do you mean "Halton Arp?"  If so, a search on his name returns 61,400 hits.  Hardly "silenced."

I have talked to many people, all of them believe that the big bang theory is universally accepted, They have never heard of anything else.

That's because the Big Bang theory IS universally accepted.  No one is being silenced - they are just being ignored.  The right to free speech does not extend to the right to force people to listen.

I never hear people on TV who think what I and some of my friends think. I can't present my equal time.  There is no media where I hear my ideas.

Are your posts being deleted?  No?  Then you are getting equal time.

Every public meeting in USA is dominated by Judeo-Christians with no equal  voice for atheists or other religions.

Just to suggest that an atheist is not inherently bad, and deserves the same voice in USA as religious people, will get you much argument.

Hmm.  I talk to plenty of atheists and Muslims.  They all seem to have the same right to talk about stuff.  Where do you live?

Edited by billvon

Halton arp could not be silenced, so he was destroyed. I said that already.

You claim that posting on  the internet is inclusion, WOW. You and the internet need to get a room.

The internet is the only place where silencing is hard to do,. that is why you guys have to work so hard to **** on anyone who tries to make their voice known by the only avenue available.

Hmm.  I talk to plenty of atheists and Muslims.  They all seem to have the same right to talk about stuff. 

Oh, please. I never hear atheists or muslims on tv. no public meeting respects atheists or other religions, Everyone is expected to pray to JD God. The prayers before speeches, ball games, the sixth inning "incarnation". all people are expected to bow to the JD God.

It's like you don't understand what it is like to be black unless you are black.

Vandalism is prevalent here in Dallas,  anywhere there is something that doesn't jive with JD religion. Political posters, 666 on a rooftop, makes you a target of Christians.

in every aspect of life, I undergo constant prejudice for my beliefs, and I see others who get **** on.

Yeah, when you are the crowd, uplifted, given a voice while all others are silenced, you don't see a problem..

in response to Buffy:

In my post about gravity, one person responded that pressure, of baryonic mattter, does not communicate the forces instantaneously. They might not have had the best attitude, but they made a good point. I had  described pressure as the cause of gravity, while asserting that observations prove that gravity is instantaneous.

i took them very seriously. That is good input. I posted that the dark matter media doesn't always adwhere to the same logic or laws that baryonic matter does. But that only dispels immediate disproof.

he/she provided food for thought. excellent. there is something tangible that i left out. most theories leave everything tangible out.

i still am considering, that, as particle formation or destruction occurs. that the overall dynamic pressure, i.e. gravitational attraction of a system can change slightly, but just as opposing magnetic forces cancel over large scale, and motion has an equal opposite reaction, that perhaps any change in gavity, and the delayed propagation that ensues, are infinitesimally small, and have little effect on the large scale motion of the cosmos..

The memory, delayed force of the gravity of each system, would essentially be the same as the graviy of now....

i thank him, for considering the actual science, and providing good feed-back.

in response to Buffy:

Halton arp could not be silenced, so he was destroyed. I said that already.

No, you said that "anything not supportive of Big Bang is silenced."  You proved that was wrong.  Now you are changing your story.  You should get your story straight before you post.

You claim that posting on  the internet is inclusion, WOW. You and the internet need to get a room.

Can you make your arguments without personal attacks?

The internet is the only place where silencing is hard to do . . .

And a forum where anyone, no matter how ill-informed or factually incorrect, can make statements.

Oh, please. I never hear atheists or muslims on tv. no public meeting respects atheists or other religions, Everyone is expected to pray to JD God. The prayers before speeches, ball games, the sixth inning "incarnation". all people are expected to bow to the JD God.

If your only source of information is TV, no wonder you are misinformed.

But let's look at TV.

You've never heard of or seen the character of Sheldon Cooper, an atheist, on the most popular comedy on TV?

You've never heard Richard Dawkins, one of the most outspoken atheists around, on any TV documentaries?  How about Stephen Hawking?  Also an atheist - and quite outspoken about it.

You've never heard of Muhammad Ali?  Shaq?  Janet Jackson?  Jermaine Jackson?  Dr. Mehmet Oz?  (has his own TV show)  Dave Chappelle?  (has his own show too)  Ice Cube?  Mike Tyson?  Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

How about Angelina Jolie?  Ani DiFranco?  Jodie Foster?  Morgan Freeman?  Brad Pitt?  Hugh Hefner?  Daniel Radcliffe?

Seriously, you've never heard of any of those?

Vandalism is prevalent here in Dallas,  anywhere there is something that doesn't jive with JD religion. Political posters, 666 on a rooftop, makes you a target of Christians

Vandalism is prevalent in many Christian communities as well.  Having glass windows or flat walls generally makes you a target in those communities.

in every aspect of life, I undergo constant prejudice for my beliefs, and I see others who get **** on.

There are a lot of assholes out there.  They are Christian, Muslim, black, white, atheist, Jewish, gay and straight who **** on people.  No religion, or sexual orientation, or race is innocent - and no religion, sexual orientation or race is immune to it, unfortunately.

Edited by billvon

, Everyone is expected to pray to JD God. The prayers before speeches, ball games, the sixth inning "incarnation". all people are expected to bow to the JD God.

We have freedom of religion, but we cannot have freedom from religion if we are to practice tolerance.  I have a mostly Christian background, and my parents made sure that I got to experience different religions, but they left the choice of religion to me.  I have certain religious beliefs, but I subscribe to no organized religion.  When I was getting ready to go to a Catholic wedding in my Wife's family, I told her that I was grateful that our own wedding was much shorter and simpler, and I stated "Thank God I'm a heathen."  And that has become my favorite saying since then.

we cannot have freedom from religion if we are to practice tolerance.

I understand that you don't think it would be right to silence the majority. but when you silence the minority , and not the majority.... established religion, fascism...

Equal time, doesn't happen, equal respect, equal opportunity, not.

In public, we are all supposed to be equal, by the constitution our rights don't mandate that we be the majority to get them. The constitution is supposed to protect the minority, the unpopular. The popular need no protection.

Our founding fathers were split,

1 those that understood freedom from religion, and understood equal rights means inclusion

2 those who used religion to grandstand and establish and enforce a national religion.

In God we trust on money. "under God" added to the pledge of allegiance..

Edited by malform11

In public, we are all supposed to be equal, by the constitution our rights don't mandate that we be the majority to get them. The constitution is supposed to protect the minority, the unpopular. The popular need no protection.

Our founding fathers were split,

1 those that understood freedom from religion, and understood equal rights means inclusion

2 those who used religion to grandstand and establish and enforce a national religion.

The founding fathers were pretty unanimous in their opinion that the US would practice a "free market"  of religion.  Jefferson and Washington stated this explicitly in their writings.  (For more info check out "The Founding Fathers and the Place of Religion in America" a book by Frank Lambert.)

The money and pledge additions were made mostly in the 1950's to distinguish us from the godless Commies, during a time of great national fear.

The money is worth less and less every day, and is only backed by a promise, and I think there will always be people believing in god.  The phrase "under god" merely indicates the state is not above god.  

When someone is grandstanding on religion, I instinctively distrust them and figure that they are merely trying to cover their true nature.  When I was a college student, there was often someone preaching at the student union or in front of the library, and some always got into shouting matches against them, but most of us ignored the preaching and went on to our classes.

I understand that you don't think it would be right to silence the majority. but when you silence the minority , and not the majority.... established religion, fascism...

Equal time, doesn't happen, equal respect, equal opportunity, not.

I agree that liberty does not, and should not depending upon membership in a majority, but ignoring a professed belief or disbelief does not constitute suppression.  Those of us here who choose to engage you in discussion of the issue, are not trying to silence you.  

I have said it, and again. The internet can't silence, so it destroys.

Again, posting on the internet is NOTHING, no more relevant than complaining about your co-workers while you take a coffee break.

Trying to say that being able to post on the internet gives us all inclusion, HA!

If you are not black, you don't, can't understand the prejudice they endure.

As  conformist, you don't understand non-conformity. the constant discrediting, discrimination, hate, intolerance, non-consideration, exclusion from even history itself.,,

Big-time shooters, murderers are always investigated, described quoted. They are seemingly more religious than the next guy. They speak of Jesus or God quite a bit, and espouse generally the same ideals that average people espouse. It could even be said that their religious beliefs, and conformist society beliefs, played a large role in their decision to kill.

I would never shoot anyone, and only feel pain and injustice when these things occur.

Always, like after the 5 cops here in Dallas were shot, so many jump on a soap-box and give speeches. They shame everyone into praying to their God. Then they sound like the Fascist manifesto. They say that the problem is people that are different. Not embracing their truths and ideas, and the Judeo Christian religion is what makes murderers.

I played better than most everyone in football at school, and after school. At little league practice they would only let me play defense at practice, and made the lions share of the tackles.  and I couldn't play in  games because the coach new I didn't believe in God.

The other coach pressured him to let me go out for one pass. I made a touchdown.

At the next meeting, the other coach had to give me my football decal, for my helmet. The other coach who had always handed them out before didn't do it because he hated me too much.

A teacher beat me until was unconscious in second grade.

Life story short...

Everywhere I go/have gone in life, is a wall of people, with simple ,mixed, ambiguous contradictory ideas who band together as a self-justifying unit of respect, enjoying it's singular voice of inclusion and ensuing opportunity, with me on the outside.

Edited by malform11

As  conformist, you don't understand non-conformity. the constant discrediting, discrimination, hate, intolerance, non-consideration, exclusion from even history itself.,,

I agree completely with you on the first point.  

On the second point, I have never been a conformist.  I was the only kid in my class that was from a farm, and was often mocked just for that.  There was a lot of pressure on kids to play football, and I refused to play.  I learned at a young age that because I was larger and stronger than almost all of my classmates, I did not have the right to strike back when hit, because I would be the bully.  I could only strike back if I was picked on by a kid much larger than myself, and that only happened once, so I had to learn to have complete control of my temper.

Perhaps hatred of atheism is prevalent where you live, but that might  not be the only reason atheism doesn't get "equal time"

How much time does it take to state disbelief, or practice non-belief rituals?

Have you considered that religions have much more to sell?  Think about that.  They are selling community, salvation and forgiveness of sins! 

What does atheism have to sell, and how is it trying to sell it?  By telling everyone they are a bunch of idiots?

I have said it, and again. The internet can't silence, so it destroys.

Well, no.  What you said was "anything not supportive of Big Bang is silenced."

Again, posting on the internet is NOTHING, no more relevant than complaining about your co-workers while you take a coffee break.

Trying to say that being able to post on the internet gives us all inclusion, HA!

Yes.  Everyone is included in the discussion.  It does not mean that everyone will be listened to, of course; you have to have something worth listening to.

Well, I spent some time in sub-Saharan Africa in places that had never seen a white man before - so I have some idea.  But you're basically right - I don't have a good idea what it's like to be black in the US.  (Or female, or gay, or Protestant.)

As  conformist, you don't understand non-conformity. the constant discrediting, discrimination, hate, intolerance, non-consideration, exclusion from even history itself.

I am hardly a conformist.  I just follow a different path than you do.

Everywhere I go/have gone in life, is a wall of people, with simple ,mixed, ambiguous contradictory ideas who band together as a self-justifying unit of respect, enjoying it's singular voice of inclusion and ensuing opportunity, with me on the outside.

Sorry to hear that.  Keep in mind that solutions come both from you and from others.

Perhaps hatred of atheism is prevalent where you live, but that might  not be the only reason atheism doesn't get "equal time"

How much time does it take to state disbelief, or practice non-belief rituals?

What does atheism have to sell, and how is it trying to sell it?  By telling everyone they are a bunch of idiots?

Most people have belief, religion or atheism, and it is very important to how they think and live. You show no respect for beliefs other than yours.

It doesn't take very long for each group to say what they deem appropriate. Other religions will probably have a religious sounding message. 

Atheists will have a valid message, even though it wouldn't sound religious, with superstition and belief not more important than reality.

Unfortunately, you guys only have a minute for your message, no time for anyone else, who I see you have no respect for.

I respect other beliefs, don't tell them they are idiots, that is the whole point of inclusion,

Have you considered that religions have much more to sell?  Think about that.  They are selling community, salvation and forgiveness of sins! 

More to sell? There is more war now than at any point in history, religions fighting religions.

a community is a group of people you assume to be better because they agree with you.

Every criminal believes that religion forgives them.

the preacher who tells you that you are going to heaven, not of the bible.

there is a special place in hell for preachers who just tell their flock that they are heaven bound. They are supposed to try and save those who are hell-bound. But none of you can believe that any of you are wrong...

Since none of you are wrong, just do all the talking, thinking, for the rest of us deplorables who sit silent and unrepresented...

More to sell? There is more war now than at any point in history, religions fighting religions.

a community is a group of people you assume to be better because they agree with you.

Every criminal believes that religion forgives them.

the preacher who tells you that you are going to heaven, not of the bible.

Yes, the religious have done quite a sales job.