I will summarise it for you here, but the whole book is well worth a read.
It is very iconoclastic.
- 57% of yanks befleive that abortiontion should be legal in all or most cases.
- 86% of Yanks agree with the Civil rights Movement.
- four out of five yanks say it is important for colleges to have racally diverse student bodiesOver 50% believe affirmative action is necessary
- 83% are in agreement with the goals of the environmental movement
- 85% are worried by lake and river pollution.
- 78% are worried about air pollution
- 60% want more energy conservation
- 94% want Federal safety regulations enacted on the manufacture and use of all handguns
- 73% want mandatory background checks on anyone buying a gun
- 59% of yanks in NY want ab an on handguns.
- 64% of Michigan NRA members favour mandatory reporting of handgun sales
- 59%of Michigan NRA members favoured regulations requiring that guns be stored unloaded
- 68% of Michigan NRA members want uniform safety standards for domestic and imported guns
- 8 in 10 Yanks believe that health insurance should be provided equally to everyone in the country.
- 62% support changing laws so that FEWER non-violent offenders are sent to prison
- 76% beleive that offendors would be better on the outside making restitution to their victims than by being locked away
- 74% prefer treatment and probation for non-violet drug users.
- 85% of yanks support equal opportunity in the workplace for gays and lesbians
- 58% thought labour unions were a good idea.
- 60% of yanks want a moratorium on executions
I found many of those figures surprising. (2003 figures)
What a liberal, liberated, free thinking country.
How come you don't vote for politicians to give you what you want?
We have got rid of our Little Bush (AKA "Bonsai") -Your turn now.
Do you have to vote Green and forget the democrats and republicans?