Science Forums

Is the "War on Terror" changing us?

Rebiu

there are no freedom fighters in "Islamic Terrorist" brigades

Methinks you didn't read the links. As they were about Zionist terrorism.

Apropos:

Atrocity has no excuses, no mitigating argument. Atrocity never balances or rectifies the past. Atrocity merely arms the future for more atrocity. It is self-perpetuating upon itself — a barbarous form of incest. Whoever commits atrocity also commits those future atrocities thus bred.

TFS

Just to get things back on track, I believe that a "Freedom Fighter" attacks bona fide military targets, albeit in guerilla fashion. "Terrorists", on the other hand, trades in "terror", by attacking civilian targets. Therefore, Muslim extremists and suicide bombers are clearly terrorists. And I'm sure any moderate Muslim would agree with me.

Just to get things back on track, I believe that a "Freedom Fighter" attacks bona fide military targets, albeit in guerilla fashion. "Terrorists", on the other hand, trades in "terror", by attacking civilian targets. Therefore, Muslim extremists and suicide bombers are clearly terrorists. And I'm sure any moderate Muslim would agree with me.

i would surely hope so. but you do understand, no Muslim is required to tell a non-Muslim the truth, for legal or moral purpose. even if the religious leader denounces terrorist tactics for non-Muslim consumption, it may not be and probably is not the true thought....

:yay_jump: :Whistle: :Whistle: :drummer: :drummer: :Bump2: :Bump2: :note2: :note2: :cheer: :cheer: :Music: :Music:

:mademyday: :applause: :applause:

:bloom: :jumpforjoy:

:yay_jump::bouquet:

:bouquet:

Ahhhhh..... Right, go on then, I'd like to hear this.

I wait for this history with baited breath (remember to state documented by whom) :wave:

Cheers

google..."ottoman empire", reference "invasion of India" and judge for your self. actually this is the base period OBL, is trying to bring back and the heritage thought to have been stolen from them. starting about 1350 and ended in the early 20th century. gets pretty bloody.

any non-Muslim is an infidel, or as a dog is entitled to no respect. they are obligated to tell only Male Muslims the truth.....
Do you have any evidence that this is actually a Muslim belief?

TFS

I think it's paraphrased from the Quran. Anybody got a free online Quran page?

Turtle The Infidel :cheer:

Perfect! Got it in my Book section. Vielen dank! :Whistle:

As to the question posed in this thread, "Is the "War on Terror" changing us?", I have to say, "of course!". Change is the only thing we can have assurance of. Did the Civil War change America? Did the Reformation change Europe? Moreover, what that change means is an emergent property and, for my money, unreliably predictable. Time will tell. :painting:

Do you have any evidence that this is actually a Muslim belief?

TFS

words have meaning, to me. what they mean to you or another may have another meaning. evidence is all around you in many forms as to a general intent of extreme, even moderate Muslims. i accept it as a pending problems which will be dealt with by those that choose to. i am not one, but will voice my opinion and suggest what i just said.

what OBL types or the majority of Muslim religious leaders say to the Jewish, their allies or through the public media and the few i know infer, back up all i have said. i would hold no more contempt for them than those in the Vatican or the religious right in my country if signs of co-existence was most heard in discussion, which is not. the reactions after 9-11 by the two sides are and were quite clear. 60% of Muslims males do not think their brothers were responsible for, you pick a reason. these surveys were done in predominately non-Muslim countries including the UK and US. in the US non-Muslims (all others) were 95% sure who was responsible and why.

the thread; "war on terror" is a fact of intent. this did not change me or my attitude. 9-11, ten events before then and the 20 or so after have, most certainly did change me and most Americans. no doubt a good share of the worlds population has their head in the sand and hope the obvious problems ahead will just go away. my brothers and sisters are over in Iraq, Afghanistan and a few other places trying to stabilize governments that fight between themselves because they ware the wrong color head dress.

Beware the use of terms like "the majority of" and "this percentage of" without support. I read a study once that say 99% of people who use real numbers without supporting them are liars.

Don't blame me, I read it somewhere one time in a magazine or something.

Suggestion: According the <insert respectable authority here> July 2005 report which surveyed 300,000 European natives on the issue of terror, asking questions such as <insert well formed question here> and <another question that doesn't prime the responder to vote a certain way here>, they discovered that <here it is, the way a percentage should be offered> 48% of respondants said... and this other % of respondants said... and the error is calculated at +/- this other number, which seems to indicate...

Seems to indicate that you get the idea. :D

think my first paragraph, indicated a lack in consistency of any view, poll or concept of an opinion. the BBC has done several surveys on what i posted. the 60 was an average of the pole which ranged from 40 to 65UK to some very high figures in Muslim nations, which i did not reference. the 95% figure was based on Presidential approval and my active travels during this period. in all honesty i suspect at some point it neared 100%, plus or minus nothing. the only two % used...

since you are suggesting exaggeration and i have heard it on this forum prior to this; this is a debate tool to exploit an opinion. if i say every one likes apple pie, its to means i like apple pie and not that no body doesn't. the fact would be 65% when asked chose apple pie. may be it was cherry.

now since your inferring i am a liar; i have read such reports as well. i do not recall the %, but do remember the word mis-taken, not liar. to lie is to know a fact, mis-represent a figure (in this case) to make something not correct, to be correct. you may be mistaken in your comment, but in your position would think not lying. or where you???????