Science Forums

Alternate view of Philosophy.........

sebbysteiny

I can only conclude it was the spelling mistake in the title which caused a moderator to feel the need to close the thread that was philosophical in nature by debating the pros and cons of the philosophical method. :)

So with all possible reasons for ending the annoyance removed, we should all be safe to discuss our thoughts and ideas here without fear of any futher action :) .

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY TITLE:eek: ????? I'm not providing an 'alternative view to philosophy' I'm providing a critique of it. The main question is, is philosophical questioning a help or a hinderence to knowledge? This title is a complete misrepresentation of what it is we are talking about.

Though this might just be a strawman to justify putting this in the strange claim department in the first place :)?

I think it was something of a pity that the thread was closed.

Thanks for your support Ughaibu. QP from me :) .

When a thread is closed, it is because the topic has been exhausted, rules have been violated, or someone has made a mistake. In this case I think the latter is the case and I am looking into it.

Good to hear this. I am curious as to the reasoning behind closing it, if it wasnt a mistake.

When a thread is closed, it is because the topic has been exhausted, rules have been violated, or someone has made a mistake. In this case I think the latter is the case and I am looking into it.

If it helps with your investigations, I suspect that the person who closed it might be the very same person as the one who changed the title of this current thread B)