Science Forums

How the US won the war...

Boerseun

On May 8, 1945, Nazi Germany formally signed the peace treaty promising unconditional surrender to the Allied Forces in Europe. Americans everywhere rejoiced, safe in the knowledge that their perfect score in warfare was secure. However, what Americans do not know is that one man was the secret weapon who single-handedly brought an end to the entire conflict. Movies based on true events from the war clearly show that John Wayne fought in every branch of the military and in every theater of war, sometimes simultaneously. Not even being killed could stop him, as he just joined a different service each time. After the war, Wayne retired to Ireland. To see the historical proof yourself, do your own research by visiting Blockbuster Video.

- The Maryland Cow Nipple

On May 8, 1945, Nazi Germany formally signed the peace treaty promising unconditional surrender to the Allied Forces in Europe. Americans everywhere rejoiced, safe in the knowledge that their perfect score in warfare was secure. However, what Americans do not know is that one man was the secret weapon who single-handedly brought an end to the entire conflict. Movies based on true events from the war clearly show that John Wayne fought in every branch of the military and in every theater of war, sometimes simultaneously. Not even being killed could stop him, as he just joined a different service each time. After the war, Wayne retired to Ireland. To see the historical proof yourself, do your own research by visiting Blockbuster Video.

- The Maryland Cow Nipple

-- Now a new generation of American superheroes from Hollywood are winning the war against terrorists.

While the US government produces them; Hollywood shoots them down.

A great and profitable system for all ! ( some? most?)

I don't mean to sound however, but is a war ever won?

A war is battles and battles are won, but since the battles never seem to end can war ever end? For that is when it is won...

Sadly, I agree

Much of the trouble in the Middle East is a result of "deals" done after WW2

So too the cold war; as the CIA appropriated the paranoid Nazi (Russian) intelligence officers. Hence the USA became paranoiacs about USSR too.

As for Afghanistan . . .well. . .it is too sad to start.

The Iraq war is showing us that force never succeeds. We only create more terrorists.

Why would you want to lose our essential humanity? The desire to struggle and dominate is inherent within us.

Our views on what is "essential humanity" are unique to each of us. However, I would gladly lose what I consider my "essential humanity" to become part of my "essential connection with the infinity of the universe."

Just waxing philosophical there...

Now, back on topic. What was all that talk about John Wayne? He was a heck of an actor, eh? :)

Never cared for John Wayne, actually. He was a mediocre actor who always played the same character, a bluff, easy-talking guy who speaks softly and carries a big gun.

It seems as if mediocre actors are all you need to win wars, then. George W should press-gang 99% of Hollywood into the army, and voila! - Iraq would be sorted out! Station the Baldwin brothers in Tel Aviv and Boom! - Peace in the Middle East!

Never cared for John Wayne, actually. He was a mediocre actor who always played the same character, a bluff, easy-talking guy who speaks softly and carries a big gun.

not relevant but. .

. . .

Two Friends, "Film Buffs" answered a John Wane Quiz is the newspaper.

They didn't like JW! The prize was a trip to Hollywood and a meeting with John wane.

They thought the questions were easy so. . .

It was a rainy afternoon so they cut up all their Film mags and made a collage of the answers.

THEY WON!

So when visiting JW they gave him a Ozzie Diggers Hat in exchange for his hat

Later they sold this hat for a small fortune.

Good luck to them!