Science Forums

Nuclear Fusion...

Mercedes Benzene

Applied Materials has recently gone into this market as an attempt to improve efficiency and drive down costs (well, they actually are seeking to make a profit, but it's under those veils that they are doing so).

http://www.appliedmaterials.com/news/pr2006.html?menuID=6

Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), the global leader in equipment and services for manufacturing semiconductors and flat panel displays, today launched its strategy to enter the rapidly growing solar photovoltaic (PV) equipment market. Applied Materials will provide a combination of manufacturing tools, together with technology and process innovations from the flat panel and semiconductor industries, that are expected to enable customers to increase conversion efficiency and yields, helping to lower the overall cost per watt for solar electricity users.

Many revolutions have occured in history so I do not think we are hopeless to make the drastic changes that need to be done.

We need inspiration and leadership. If you build it they will come.

I dont have much else to add at the moment but I have been working on a project related to pollution solutions. It can be viewed at this link

http://hypography.com/forums/strange-claims-forum/8571-efficient-vehicle-design.html

I believe we are can jumpstart society into change and action by adapting better technologies to current transportation vehicles and power generation. Also I think if we learn to capture lost energy we will make leaps in chang of slowing down the problem.

Our human nature is a machine. Everything we do is movement and momentum. On average a very high percentage of the energy that we use is lost. I hate to make an estimation but it must be in the ranges of 50%. Since not many things we use are operating at a very high efficiency rate.

I think that 50% of that 50% can be used to regenerate power, which then reduces all power consumption by 50%.

I have an article I wrote about this somewhere and am looking for it.

Oh here we are.

We Have The Ability To Power The Planet.

You first probably ask the question, how is this so? Power is developed through harnessing powers of the earth, right?

When we talk about harrnessing the natural powers on earth we first think of wind, water, sunlight, and other naturally occuring forces. For some reason we forget to realize we, the human civiliaztion, are a great source of energy. B) Not the way you might be thinking :lol:

Now you see what I am getting at when I say we have the ability to power our planet. It is impossible to put a stop to the world to make a drastic change in the ways we do things. The hidden clue key word in there is "stop". Human life is an ever-moving force.

Now let me get to the point. We use cars dailey in massive numbers. Each time you use the brakes, or slow down or go down a hill energy is lost. The technology is there to put electrical generators on each and every car that function as your brakes. When you choose to slow down your vehicle you enable this generator which creates power. Power gets directed to a series of capacitors, batteries, or some form of power storing device. Be even if it is not electrical. By law you are required to "hook up" to the massive power grid around the country. The generated power by the millions of cars is put to use. I think you understand where I am going with this. Trains which transport resources around the country have imaculate amounts of moving energy. The force of one train slowing down could develope a very large amount of power. Everywhere you look the opportunity is there to create energy for us to use. Workout machines at home, could be implemented to generate power for your own home.

The mag lev train is a perfect use for this concept. If a tunnel were constructed from one side of the country to the other. Not a fully undergound nor a fully surface tunnel either. using most of the ground you remove to be part of the material required to construct the top half. With this system constructed and put into use, a vacumized mag lev train system could be the main means of travel. At very high speeds this train could travel inside a vacumized tunnel system. Each time trains use the "brakes" to slow down, which would be no more than electic generators, that energry created would be used to power the other trains waiting to go. The electric circuit would require a very efficient resistance. From what I understand you could used submerged super cooled liquid gasses to surround most of the electrical circuit to lower the resistance to an amazing low amount. The heat energy absorbtion of this super cooled gas would be able to assist in the creation of this cooled gas. I could be incorrect here for I am not very knowledgable with super cooled gases but as a gas warms by abosorbing heat energery around it it expands and increases in pressure, pressure than can be put to use. As safety would be a concirn the train system would most likely have a speed limit implemented to the system. With friction free travel amazing speeds could be attained, although not fully harnessed by the trains, it could be harnessed by a sub side tunnel that transports packages, mail, and emergency supplies at increadible!!! speeds. One side of the country to the other in an hour. This may seem a little far fetched, but the possiblity is without a doubt there and the result of this amazing new system would and could evolve beyond expectations.

I look around at elevators, that carry people down tall buildings all around the world. People get inside these elevators and add to the weight. The power devloped electrical generators connected to the elevators could assist in powering the other one to go up. Garbage is a huge problem in this country, and the incredible amount of weight of it is a never ending force. If this garbage was delivered to a location where it would have to be lowered to a location 1000 feet below the gravity acting upon this tons and tons of waste could be used to power a generator before it is set to rest. We power water all around the world, and as we power it to locations we often power it to high buildings. This water after being used has to make a trip back to the waste area. Along this trip the water, you guessed it, could be used to develope power. When looking at an individual system of one buildings effect it really doesnt add up. But If we use our knowledge to harness our human energy just think of the amazing realizations

There is a simpler approach to fusion where magnetic containment is not so paramount. The way you do it is to intermittently accelerate 2 beams of deuterium into each other. At the last instant, one applies magnetic brakes (reverse the magnetic field direction). The idea is to get a slight fender bender instead of a particle collider style collision. The magnetic brake heat generated, combined with the slow/close deuterium particles will allow then to fuse into helium. We dissipate the fusion pulse heat for work and then trigger the machine for another pulse. Eventually the fusion engine will work at high RPM's.