Science Forums

Origin of the Universe,,,,Bang or no Bang

Harry Costas

The waveform that we call a photon has both a positive and negative electric field and a magnetic component with a north and south pole so it would be unaffected by either an electric or magnetic field.

LB, it's not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link that backs that up in anyway?

G'day

Trying to get my head around Photons. I feel a bit light headed.

I'm reading through these links

Photon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gauge boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gauge boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Z' boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Am I reading the right links or am I off track.

What is the main point from the above posts?

Mike C

Because electrons have a charge, an electron beam can be deflected by the magnetic fields created by the coils in the yolk of the picture tube. Likewise, the vacuum tubes Edison invented work because electrons have a charge, and we know that like charges repel each other and unlike charges attract each other.

If Photons had a charge, then these same technologies would work using photons. They do not. Beams of light are not deflected by magnetic fields, nor do parallel beams of light repel or attract each other as would be expected if photons had a charge. If photons had a charge then they would be deflected to the poles by the earths magnetic field, as other charged particles are. This doesn't happen. Finally, if photons had a charge, you

should be able to fire a laser through a coil of wire and generate current flow in the coil. This doesn't work either!

I explained this before on why the MF's do not bend the photons

My version of a photon is a 'particle field congregate'.

These individual field particles do not 'move' through the field. They only 'wobble ' to transmit their energy through the field.

Secondly, the extremely high velocity would also prevent any bending of these photons.

Just because these photons are not bent, does not prove that they do not carry a charge.

A condensed clump of these particles would have a charge and as I said, they must have a charge to 'bunp' an electron into an outer orbit.

Ahnother thing to consider is the ever so slight bending of light by gravity.

I attribute this to the nature of gravity as a weak magnetic force as I exolained in my 'Theory of Everthing.

Mike C

These individual field particles do not 'move' through the field. They only 'wobble ' to transmit their energy through the field.

Secondly, the extremely high velocity would also prevent any bending of these photons.

And you've been asked repeatedly to support these claims via the scientific method. Now, starting from square one, what exactly is your falsifiable hypothesis and what testable predictions does it make?

Just because these photons are not bent, does not prove that they do not carry a charge.

Mike, it proves exactly that. If photons carry a charge their would be SOME affect on them by an electromagnetic field, regardless of their speed.

Now, the affect might be minimal. It might even be too small to detect with our current technology. But any theory claiming photons have a charge should describe that charge or at the very least, describe tests that could confirm or refute that claim.

A condensed clump of these particles would have a charge and as I said, they must have a charge to 'bunp' an electron into an outer orbit.

I attribute this to the nature of gravity as a weak magnetic force as I exolained in my 'Theory of Everthing.

Mike C

Then your explanation is flawed...as is your above response. First you say charged photons are not affected by magnetic fields, then you say gravity is a magnetic field that affects photons.

Which is it, Mike?

Mike C

I think the next biggest problem with this (apart from the fact it contradicts yourself) is that gravity is always attractive, magnetic forces can be attractive or repulsive, that is a fundamental difference that you cant resolve.

I think the next biggest problem with this (apart from the fact it contradicts yourself) is that gravity is always attractive, magnetic forces can be attractive or repulsive, that is a fundamental difference that you cant resolve.

I brought this up because of the major differences in the comparative sizes of the Sun and your local experiment.

The photons passing the Sun are moving past an enormous body while your local experiment is just a teeny tweeny comparison.

Mike C

I brought this up because of the major differences in the comparative sizes of the Sun and your local experiment.

The photons passing the Sun are moving past an enormous body while your local experiment is just a teeny tweeny comparison.

Mike C

Where's the physics Mike? You're on thin ice. Support your claim with science, not delusions.

Then your explanation is flawed...as is your above response. First you say charged photons are not affected by magnetic fields, then you say gravity is a magnetic field that affects photons.

Which is it, Mike?

I never said that photons are not affected by magnetic fields.

What I was saying is that a local laboratory experiment is not sufficiently large to see any bending to take place.

Also the velocities of the photons are too great to detect any bending.

Photons passing the Sun are moving through a much much greater distance than the local lab experiment.

Mike C

Where's the physics Mike? You're on thin ice. Support your claim with science, not delusions.

I provided the evidence before.

I said that a photon must have a charge to bump an electron into an outer HA orbit.

The electric fields surrounding the electrons have 'charge', otherwise they would not have this 'action at a distance'.

I believe I asked you a question before, can a neutral photon bump an electron?

You are also aware of the Compton effect in space that credits the photons to bump charged particles in space?

Mike C

Ever heard of a Faraday cage, Mike?

Faraday cage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If gravity was electromagnetic force, why doesn't the stuff I put inside my cage float?

That article is too long to read entirely but I am aware of these shields that are use to block radiating interferences.

Gravity is not a variable force, so it will not be affected by these shields.

The article itself said that fixed magnetic fields do penetraste these shields.

So that should answer your question.

Mike C

I provided the evidence before.

I said that a photon must have a charge to bump an electron into an outer HA orbit....

That you "said" anything is not evidence. You have provided ZERO evidence to support your claim. Now, post the physics, period! You have been warned.

That you "said" anything is not evidence. You have provided ZERO evidence to support your claim. Now, post the physics, period! You have been warned.

I write a lot of NEW science based on interpretations of current physics.

I have explained that 'electric fields' are composed of 'real negative field particles RNFP because of their 'ACTION at a DISTANCE.

These particles have not been evaluated for mass or any other charicteristics.

However, we can make the reasonable assumption that they exist to transmit the photons.

So with my article on the 'Creation of Photons, I explaioned how these photons are formed.

This is NEW REAL science. So the only source for this science is myself .

Do I need a PhD to have credibility to write NS?

Do you want to BAN free thinkers? There are several here on this site, you know.

Mike C