Science Forums

The Straight-Up Cam

This is like the best screensaver I have ever seen. You should make large versions and embed them in a screensaver and make $$$, Turtle!

Brilliant stuff. You're so good at making strange ideas look beautiful.

Thanks Tormod. :) You're so good at braving strange ideas on the chance of finding beauty. At this writing, of the 3 videos I posted above, two of them have 2 views and the other has 4, which means no one but you & I have watched them. :doh:

On the screensaver $$$ I have a poor business acumen, and my fixed income has me caught-22'd on earning money. Nonetheless, if you have the inclination & know-how to do the embed thingy with the clips I'm open to doing it to support Hypog or other worthy cause. ;)

Well, I've run on enough. :hyper: I have the SUCTON out running again & will have new videography by tomorrow. I understand peoples' reluctance to follow Tormod's fearless charge and actually watch these strange and unusual perspective videos; they are not their Mommy's views. :ud: .....:)

Come on now; don't be shy. :evil: Click that little play triangle. :) You know you waaant to. :evil: It's Mother Nature's eye candy...sweeeeet as honey. ;)

YouTube - SUCTON time-lapse 11/08/07 {a}

I like the realistic cloud scene towards the middle of the film. :)

We are still awake...or awakening...:headphones: (yes, it's intentional ;-))

freezy

btw, nothing interesting to shoot tonight as we actually have full cloud cover. Rain might actually happen! :rolleyes:

I like the realistic cloud scene towards the middle of the film. :)

:doh: It is that kind of dry quip that makes me suspect that you are a relative of mine. :eek::hyper: If that is the case, you are waiting for your second belly laugh when I am compelled to explain that all of the images are real. :D

We are still awake...or awakening...:headphones: (yes, it's intentional ;-))

freezy

btw, nothing interesting to shoot tonight as we actually have full cloud cover. Rain might actually happen! :hyper:

Good luck with the rain. On with the Caaaandy. :) Don't let the wrapper fool you; this one's Cherrrrrry. Taste it again for the first time. :turtle:

YouTube - SUCTON time-lapse 11/10/07 {a} http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdrKRIQL9VU

• 2 months later...
You're still the original though. :doh:

Sir...I take that lying down! :D Well, the camera does anyway. Now processing, Stormy Weather, today's episode of Sraight-Up Cam. One-and-a-half hours of time-compressed chaos!!! Coming soon* to a terminal near you. :turtle:

* gonna be about 2+ hours. :hyper:

• 1 month later...

Good SUC Turtle! (I assume it was a TON as well) [get your minds out of the gutter folks :doh: we're looking up ^)

I love the raindrops. The first one evaporates just as the second one lands. It looks like you sped it up towards the end when the drops really started hitting. Is this the case?

Good SUC Turtle! (I assume it was a TON as well) [get your minds out of the gutter folks :snow: we're looking up ^)

I love the raindrops. The first one evaporates just as the second one lands. It looks like you sped it up towards the end when the drops really started hitting. Is this the case?

Rats! Lost a post to CCS (CompleteComputerShutdown). So, my bad! :eek: The entire video is sped up at 10 to 1 ratio. Elapsed time is 1 hour, from ~1pm to 2pm. It took almost 2 hours to render the compressed vid to file. :snow: TON (Top Oriented North) it is, as this is essential to consistency. :eek2:

TON (Top Oriented North) it is, as this is essential to consistency. :snow:

I would expect nothing less Turtle. :snow:

I recently found the SUCTON clip I took back in November, but I need to chop, convert, post and I haven't made it around to that yet. :eek2:

It's on my list though...right after taxes...:eek:

I recently found the SUCTON clip I took back in November, but I need to chop, convert, post and I haven't made it around to that yet. :hihi:

It's on my list though...right after taxes...:(

Sweet. For crying out loud get it done before the other sure thing besides taxes. :lol: SUCTON unit out now trying to catch some hail; will report back. :hihi: Perhaps someday soon we can coordinate a simultaneous cross-country SUCTON recording. :camera::earth::camera:

• 4 months later...