Science Forums

The Straight-Up Cam

:eek2:

Just because I can, here's a SUCTON sequence from today of elapsed time ~ 1 hour.

An enjoyable watch as always. :)

The scribble-scrabble interruption is an insulating mylar blanket blowing off my unit. :D :naughty: :D

I don't know...it looked like Mothra to me! :eek2:

So, what's the deal with the rainbow arc that happens from time to time (example: 1:53)? I'm guessing that it is a glint from the sunlight which refraction, and perhaps some dust on the lens, contribute to the effect?

:D

An enjoyable watch as always. :)

I don't know...it looked like Mothra to me! :)

So, what's the deal with the rainbow arc that happens from time to time (example: 1:53)? I'm guessing that it is a glint from the sunlight which refraction, and perhaps some dust on the lens, contribute to the effect?

:eek2: Not sure what those colors are all about in their timing; could be because of the time compression. :naughty: Anyway, this is the enclosure I built that has a plexiglass lens and it is accumulating scratches in use and I think that's the cause. Then again, maybe Mothra was fluttering nearby and scintillating into the lens? :D Dank fur die props! :) :eek2: